Multitool.org Forum
+-

Hello Lurker! Remove this ad and much more by logging in.

Diet, workout challenge, NE1??

us Offline THE_LONGBOW

Re: Diet, workout challenge, NE1??
Reply #90 on: June 16, 2013, 01:31:15 AM
Hard to get there this week but -2.

us Offline MadPlumbarian

• Point Of No Return
  • Plumbers Know Their Crap!!
Reply #91 on: June 22, 2013, 07:32:47 PM
 :cry: +2 JR
"The-Mad-Plumbarian" The Punisher Of Pipes!!! JR
As I sit on my Crapper Throne in the Reading Room and explode on the Commode, thinking, how my flush beat John’s and Jerry’s pair? Jack’s had to run for the Water Closet yet ended up tripping on a Can bowing and hitting his Head on the Porcelain God! 🚽

il Offline Threeme2189

• No Life Club
  • When in doubt, use a bigger hammer.
Reply #92 on: June 22, 2013, 08:57:10 PM
I ran 6k today in 34-ish minutes.
I still hate ab exercises!

Sent from my GT-I9100 using Tapatalk 4 Beta

Chuck Norris' preferred iron supplement is rebar.

us Offline MadPlumbarian

• Point Of No Return
Reply #93 on: June 22, 2013, 09:13:36 PM
I ran 6k today in 34-ish minutes.
I still hate ab exercises!

Good job I'd probably make it the first 100' then do a face plant! :rofl: now walking is a diff story. JR
As I sit on my Crapper Throne in the Reading Room and explode on the Commode, thinking, how my flush beat John’s and Jerry’s pair? Jack’s had to run for the Water Closet yet ended up tripping on a Can bowing and hitting his Head on the Porcelain God! 🚽

it Offline sardauker

• Just arrived
Reply #94 on: June 22, 2013, 10:16:20 PM
Walking is also my way. 12K steps -and 60 flight of stairs- in workdays, a lot less in the w.e.

us Offline THE_LONGBOW

Reply #95 on: June 22, 2013, 11:11:22 PM
I managed to catch a cold and a pound. +1 This week. Food makes my cold feel better.  :(

it Offline sardauker

• Just arrived
Reply #96 on: June 23, 2013, 10:28:04 AM
-1.85kg, -1.16% fat.

a good week :)

il Offline Threeme2189

• No Life Club
Reply #97 on: June 23, 2013, 11:01:29 AM
Walking is also my way. 12K steps -and 60 flight of stairs- in workdays, a lot less in the w.e.

That's a lot of steps :-O

Good job!

fr Offline Whoey

• Administrator
  • Zombie Apprentice
  • I am geek, hear me code
Reply #98 on: June 23, 2013, 11:12:33 AM
My wife has also been nagging a bit about losing a bit of weight now that summer is here and she's finished her course and classes. I cut out soda completely about a month or so ago, I was drinking Sprite/7up most of the time, now I'm drinking mostly plain water (which I hate, but it's bearable if it's cold). I still drink beer, that's too hard for me to cut out, but I keep it for later in the evening as a wind down to my day.

We're trying to eat a bit healthier with salads and cutting back on portion sizes, and also walking around town when the weather permits.
The difficult we do immediately, the impossible takes a little longer.

it Offline sardauker

• Just arrived
Reply #99 on: June 23, 2013, 03:52:13 PM

Good job!

once an hour or so, I leave the desktop -we are not only allowed, but nearly obliged to rest eyes and so on- and i walk zig-zag across building floors, its entire length and stairs. In 6-7 minutes I can achieve 7 flights and many steps.
around 4000 steps are mande going to and from work.

it is not a big trouble, as it is diluted.

il Offline Threeme2189

• No Life Club
Reply #100 on: June 23, 2013, 05:37:05 PM

Good job!

once an hour or so, I leave the desktop -we are not only allowed, but nearly obliged to rest eyes and so on- and i walk zig-zag across building floors, its entire length and stairs. In 6-7 minutes I can achieve 7 flights and many steps.
around 4000 steps are mande going to and from work.

it is not a big trouble, as it is diluted.

That's a very good habit :tu:
Do you know how many calories you burn?

it Offline sardauker

• Just arrived
Reply #101 on: June 23, 2013, 05:51:29 PM
Yep: around 1400, says my fitbit. let's say 1200. adding methabolic kcal, around 1200, I am burning 2400 kcal a day.
I have a diet of around 1200 kcal, so this leaves me burning away 1200 kcal of fat in the best days. 9000kcal are 1kg, so when i lose 1 kg a week I'm en route :)

-this is the first time I figure this :-o
until now I was relying on charts measurements and keeping wheight+fat% each day lower-

il Offline Threeme2189

• No Life Club
Reply #102 on: June 24, 2013, 08:00:59 AM
Isn't a diet of 1200 calories a day a bit low?
 Or is it ok for weight loss?

it Offline sardauker

• Just arrived
Reply #103 on: June 24, 2013, 09:59:18 AM
Low, but it works if I burn enough.

I risk "starvation mode" and my body saying "ok, no food, I'll slow the pace", so  keep it moving with exercise. low cal diets work only if you exercise one way or another, otherwise the body adjusts to the lower intake.
we are built to survive with less of that we have now.

it Offline sardauker

• Just arrived
Reply #104 on: June 29, 2013, 09:33:22 AM
-0.75 Kg    :tu:

aaaand  +3.88% fat  :facepalm:

us Offline MadPlumbarian

• Point Of No Return
Reply #105 on: June 29, 2013, 06:57:07 PM
-3,  :think: I think this scale is wacky! The first time I stepped on it I was -4, then -2, then -3, so ill stick with the -3! Even if only -2 I'm back down to the lowest I've been in three years :tu: JR

il Offline Threeme2189

• No Life Club
Reply #106 on: June 30, 2013, 08:25:21 AM
Good job!
Digital scales can be a bit iffy sometimes. Especially those hi-tech ones that measure fat and water %.
As long as the numbers are more or less dropping, you're on the right track :-)

us Offline MadPlumbarian

• Point Of No Return
Reply #107 on: June 30, 2013, 05:36:20 PM
Good job!
Digital scales can be a bit iffy sometimes. Especially those hi-tech ones that measure fat and water %.
As long as the numbers are more or less dropping, you're on the right track :-)

Thanks, I think it was a exspencive one that I got for half off, but it doesn't do all that, I think? My wife just ordered another, cause when I went to the docs last month I was eight pounds heavier on there scale them home, and I weighed myselfe before I left, although I didn't have anything on, but she still says everything DONT weigh eight pounds! But hey the scale has been at the same number or going down that's the way I see it! Oh yeah I got someone else joining "My wife"! Well not that she's going to be posting on here, but she's now ready to put that foot forward! JR

it Offline sardauker

• Just arrived
Reply #108 on: July 06, 2013, 10:37:47 AM
-1.8 kg.
The fat% has risen a 1.6%.

I need to grow more muscles :D

nz Offline Syncop8r

• Absolutely No Life Club
Reply #109 on: July 06, 2013, 12:33:13 PM
I thought I'd share this article: http://www.stuff.co.nz/life-style/wellbeing/8864907/Are-you-sitting-comfortably-Well-don-t
I have noticed that I have put on weight when sitting down all day, even if I do some exercise for half- or an hour. When I have been working on my feet all day I have quite noticeably lost weight.

Also, I stay well away from sugary drinks like coke etc (but am partial to the odd beer). A lot of (younger) people here are into "energy drinks" - carbonated crap as far as I am concerned. I have had them in the past for their caffeine properties - although apparently an apple will wake you up more than a cup of coffee! I drink tea or water. I also try to stay away from processed food.

I have added 2kg in the last couple of weeks but I'm pumping iron so that's OK.

us Offline MadPlumbarian

• Point Of No Return
Reply #110 on: July 06, 2013, 10:04:23 PM
+3, I'm getting tired of this roller coaster, JR

il Offline Threeme2189

• No Life Club
Reply #111 on: July 07, 2013, 09:00:19 AM

What happened during the week?
Maybe we can help.

it Offline sardauker

• Just arrived
Reply #112 on: July 07, 2013, 10:17:08 AM
I weight myself daily, so I can easy identify wrong habits: too much carbs, too few activity.
Not on the first case, but when EVERY time I eat panzanella I gain 1Kg, I can say carbs are catalyzers for weight.

It is not a compass, it is an altimeter.

That said, MadPlumbarian, are you monitoring only the weigth?

us Offline MadPlumbarian

• Point Of No Return
Reply #113 on: July 07, 2013, 04:58:52 PM

What happened during the week?
Maybe we can help.

Nothing, there was a cookout on the 4th but I didn't eat much, the rest of the week I've cut back on my intake, since the wife has taken her first steps, all our junk food has been ditched, only other thing was I got a new scale, at first it put 40 extra pounds on, but then I steped on it again and it put me right back to the same as the other, so on weigh in day of course I used both scales again, same. JR

us Offline MadPlumbarian

• Point Of No Return
Reply #114 on: July 13, 2013, 05:37:54 PM
Ok, it's that key day July 13th, yes my wife's birthday! But also the weigh in day to see who lost the most, I know it ain't me, I lost -2 this week, but from all the ups and down, I'm only lost a total of 6 in three months, it didnt help I also threw my back out(I hate excuses) anyway what's your total? And who wants to keep going, I am! I hit a key# but I want to make it to my goal! Who's with me! JR

it Offline sardauker

• Just arrived
Reply #115 on: July 13, 2013, 05:52:29 PM
+1.45kg   -3.69% fat.

The transformation of fat in muscles works!

us Offline THE_LONGBOW

Reply #116 on: July 14, 2013, 06:30:50 AM
When we started this in April I had started watching my weight again for a couple of weeks. So at that time I was 230# as of this morning I am at 204#.  My top weight was 250 a little over 2 years ago.
 My father was about a 100 pounds over weight and had a lot of health complications from his weight. Three years ago at 72 he passed away from a massive heart attack. I could see myself headed down that road, so I decided to do some thing about my weight. I am able to move and feel better since my weight loss. I still have a ways to go but I am getting closer. And it helps to have incentive like this challenge.  ;)

us Offline MadPlumbarian

• Point Of No Return
Reply #117 on: July 14, 2013, 07:11:54 PM
When we started this in April I had started watching my weight again for a couple of weeks. So at that time I was 230# as of this morning I am at 204#.  My top weight was 250 a little over 2 years ago.
 My father was about a 100 pounds over weight and had a lot of health complications from his weight. Three years ago at 72 he passed away from a massive heart attack. I could see myself headed down that road, so I decided to do some thing about my weight. I am able to move and feel better since my weight loss. I still have a ways to go but I am getting closer. And it helps to have incentive like this challenge.  ;)
I'm sorry to hear about your father! my fathers been majorly overweight all my life, has had three heart attacks, a triple bypass, and now these stints, originally they said he wouldn't make it to see me pass 12, unless he diets, now I'm 34 and the sob is still hitting Micky Dees everyday. I don't want to be like that nor take the chances he is, if the doc told me to diet or else your not going to see your kids grad, I'd do everything I could! And well she did, I was 215# when she did, and 205# when I first posted on this subject, and this Saturday when I weighed in I was 199#, I broke it a few weeks ago also, but I've been up/down, due to the back pain I've been it, but my wife has also really started to understand its time! So the closets have been cleaned out(no junk), and no eating after a certain time. So with her help, and talking you guys pushing, I just think this might work, and what better way to help each other! JR

il Offline Threeme2189

• No Life Club
Reply #118 on: July 16, 2013, 12:53:24 PM
I've procrastinated the last week or so. I need to not stop working out!
Tonight after my shift, I work out or else you guys decide on a fitting punishment for me.
Deal?

Sent from my digital communication device using my fingers and a touch screen.

us Offline MadPlumbarian

• Point Of No Return
Reply #119 on: July 16, 2013, 03:32:33 PM
I've procrastinated the last week or so. I need to not stop working out!
Tonight after my shift, I work out or else you guys decide on a fitting punishment for me.
Deal?

Sent from my digital communication device using my fingers and a touch screen.
:think: hmm, I'm sure I can come up with something! JR

Donations

Operational Funds

Help us keep the Unworkable working!
Donate with PayPal!
April Goal: $300.00
Due Date: Apr 30
Total Receipts: $152.99
PayPal Fees: $8.68
Net Balance: $144.31
Below Goal: $155.69
Site Currency: USD
48%