Multitool.org Forum
+-

Hello Lurker! Remove this ad and much more by logging in.

The Mag Lite 6D cell...practical for what?

england Offline Benner

• Global Tuffy
  • Absolute Zombie Club
  • Just Awesome! And a Slayer of Polar Bear!
Re: The Mag Lite 6D cell...practical for what?
Reply #30 on: December 04, 2007, 02:51:54 PM
That's my thinking.  I've got my Fenix which is great and very bright, but I want something bulky, built like a brick ----house and takes your normal day to day batteries and not the expensive CR123 ones.
I'm back!!

ca Offline Grant Lamontagne

• Head Turd Polisher
  • Administrator
  • Just Bananas
  • Optimum instrumentum est inter aures
Reply #31 on: December 04, 2007, 02:54:39 PM
Then a Mag is your best bet.  I'd look on eBay, maybe check with some of our advertisers and also your local police supply.  Hennie may also be able to help you- I think they import Mags, don't they?  Failing that, there are many law enforcement supply stores online that I am certain you could order from.

Def
Leave the dents as they are- let your belongings show their scars as proudly as you do yours.

• Head Turd Polisher
  • Administrator
  • Just Bananas
Reply #32 on: December 04, 2007, 02:56:35 PM
A quick Google search turned this up:

Mag 6C on Amazon

Def
Leave the dents as they are- let your belongings show their scars as proudly as you do yours.

england Offline Benner

• Global Tuffy
  • Absolute Zombie Club
Reply #33 on: December 04, 2007, 03:03:52 PM
Cheers for that.  I'm thinking the 5c might be my best bet, not HUGE but big enough.
I'm back!!

Offline Anthony

• No Life Club
  • Improvise.
Reply #34 on: December 05, 2007, 02:06:32 AM
Check with your local police supply store, or look online for a "trumbull stop" which is what they are actually called.

Def

Was there one specifically made for Mag Lites or is it "see what size fits" type thing?

[

• Head Turd Polisher
  • Administrator
  • Just Bananas
Reply #35 on: December 05, 2007, 02:19:41 AM
The one that fits C type Mags is the same one that fits polycarbonate straight sticks and side handled batons like the PR-24.

I looked around a bit and found these guys:

http://www.copsplus.com/prodnum5968.php

I'd contact them and ask if it will fit your Mag before ordering one, but it should fit.

Def

Offline jock1

• No Life Club
Reply #36 on: December 21, 2007, 03:47:37 PM
Niton in the UK do a side handle system for D cell mags and recommend the 6 D as the best bet

Offline kreskin13

Reply #37 on: December 21, 2007, 05:20:28 PM
The 6C I think was discontinued a while back.  I don't know for sure, but they may still be available through police supply stores or through special order from an authorized Mag dealer.  Any of the Mags you get are going to be the same quality- they are all good.  I know, I know, you can get 200 times the performance and 800 times the power from a light small enough to lose in your pockets, LED drop in kits aren't as good as a Streamlight/HDC/Fenix/Eye of Sauron or whatever light is popular this week, but lets see you use one of those cute little lithium powered LED jobbies to help lever a car out of a mud hole!

Size doesn't always matter, but when it does, there are no substitutes.

Def

I looked for the 6C about 3 months ago and couldn't find any. I believe I did read that they discontinued them about 2 years ago.

They are trying to do a group buy on them at CandlePowerForums. I guess somebody expects to get his hands on some and yes, I'm on the list! I need a couple to go with my two 6D's. :ahhh

Calvin
[

Offline jock1

• No Life Club
Reply #38 on: December 22, 2007, 03:39:14 PM
For any UK members the 6d is stillavailable at BnQ amtrying to convince SWMBO that it really is a much needed household item(NO CHANCE)

Offline Anthony

• No Life Club
  • Improvise.
Reply #39 on: December 22, 2007, 03:43:11 PM
The 6C I think was discontinued a while back.  I don't know for sure, but they may still be available through police supply stores or through special order from an authorized Mag dealer.  Any of the Mags you get are going to be the same quality- they are all good.  I know, I know, you can get 200 times the performance and 800 times the power from a light small enough to lose in your pockets, LED drop in kits aren't as good as a Streamlight/HDC/Fenix/Eye of Sauron or whatever light is popular this week, but lets see you use one of those cute little lithium powered LED jobbies to help lever a car out of a mud hole!

Def

I looked for the 6C about 3 months ago and couldn't find any. I believe I did read that they discontinued them about 2 years ago.

They are trying to do a group buy on them at CandlePowerForums. I guess somebody expects to get his hands on some and yes, I'm on the list! I need a couple to go with my two 6D's. :ahhh

Calvin

What are they asking for the 6C Mags?
[

Offline kreskin13

Reply #40 on: December 22, 2007, 04:14:40 PM

Def

Calvin

What are they asking for the 6C Mags?

They don't say. A lot of people who expressed interest said they would only do it at a fair price. It may depend on how many people say they will buy one or more. I think at this point they are only at the initial stage to see if they can even make this happen. I hope they can, I would love to get my grubby mitts on a couple of these, even at an inflated price! :drool:

Calvin
[

england Offline Benner

• Global Tuffy
  • Absolute Zombie Club
Reply #41 on: December 22, 2007, 04:34:20 PM
I am sure I have seen some 6C's on ebay from another country. ???
I'm back!!

us Offline ducktapehero

• No Life Club
  • Plants should be smoked, not eaten.
Reply #42 on: December 24, 2007, 06:28:27 PM
I had a 6D Mag-lite about 10 years ago. I kept it in my truck as my "utility" flashlight. I broke it though, me and some friends went camping and were in the middle of nowhere and realized we didn't pack a hammer to drive the tent stakes into the ground. After trying a few rocks with poor results I decided to use my flashlight. It worked but unfortunately it never worked after that. It seems the batteries pretty much exploded inside there.

I have a 2D and a 4D Mag-lite now that I'm awfully fond of. I live a pretty boring life now so there's no need for me to get something more expensive, although I'd like too.  :twak:
http://ducksrandomthoughts.blogspot.com - or follow me on Twitter- @ducksthoughts

It's hard to say nipple without smirking.

Donations

Operational Funds

Help us keep the Unworkable working!
Donate with PayPal!
April Goal: $300.00
Due Date: Apr 30
Total Receipts: $122.41
PayPal Fees: $6.85
Net Balance: $115.56
Below Goal: $184.44
Site Currency: USD
39%