Multitool.org Forum
+-

Hello Lurker! Remove this ad and much more by logging in.

Firefox Extensions

Roadie · 41 · 5244

gb Offline Neil

• Multitool.org Main Site Manager
  • Zombie Apprentice
Re: Firefox Extensions
Reply #30 on: February 05, 2009, 12:34:05 AM
Fotofox Mixed with PixelPipe is a extension i've just installed, lets you drag photo's into firefox to be uploaded to your photobucket account (plus lots of other sites) seems like it will be very handy :)

Do you have to use both extensions for photobucket or will Fotofox handle it by itself?

OT: On a similar line does anyone know of a good slide show app for Windows Mobile/PPC that will auto play stuff from a photobucket account (not flikr)?

Neil
I'm not taking any more mod orders at present, sorry.

gb Offline Roadie

• No Life Club
  • Hello...is this thing on?
Reply #31 on: February 05, 2009, 12:38:38 AM
Well PixelPipe isn't an extension, its a website that does some redirecting for you. FotoFox only handles a few sites on its own :(
Life is like a sandwich...the older it gets the crustier it becomes!

gb Offline Neil

• Multitool.org Main Site Manager
  • Zombie Apprentice
Reply #32 on: February 05, 2009, 12:45:07 AM
With you.

Neil
I'm not taking any more mod orders at present, sorry.

scotland Offline Sea Monster

• No Life Club
Reply #33 on: February 06, 2009, 09:34:46 AM
If any of you are like me, you have three or four different computers that you use access the internet at any given time.  It always annoyed me that I never had the same internet bookmarks on each of them.  Foxmarks is a great plugin for synchronizing your bookmarks to any FireFox browser.  It stores your bookmarks on the Foxmarks server, and you can download, upload, synchronize or manage those bookmarks at any time.

https://addons.mozilla.org/en-US/firefox/addon/2410

I use Startaid - does the same thing.

Forecast Fox for weather.

I've used a few others over the years, but those are the only ones I remember to update all the time.

us Offline Bucky

Reply #34 on: February 07, 2009, 04:53:29 AM
Adblock Plus
Download Statusbar
Forecastbar Enhanced
Foxmarks
NoScript
Tab Mix Plus

us Offline Splat

Reply #35 on: February 07, 2009, 05:21:37 PM
If any of you are like me, you have three or four different computers that you use access the internet at any given time.  It always annoyed me that I never had the same internet bookmarks on each of them. 

FWIW, I just copy my profile folder onto a flash drive and put it on the new computer. This way my FF is exactly the same as my home PC. All exensions, bookmarks, etc., are obviously the same then.
Splat

us Offline revolvergeek

Reply #36 on: February 08, 2009, 12:54:23 AM
Adblock Plus is awesome. I add it into every machine that I touch. It helps reduce support problems at work some because the users aren't tempted to click on as many bad things!  :twak:

Noscript is powerful but can cause a lot of frustration for some users. I run it on my work PC, but I wouldn't dream of installing it on my mother's or girlfriend's computer.  :think:

Two that I use that I haven't seen listed :
- Better Gmail 2 : give you a lot of control to modify the Gmail interface.
- Gmail Ad Blocker : removes the text adds on the right side of the screen to allow you full width emails. 

I run PortableApps on one of my USB keys for when I am traveling and using a work laptop. I have PitchDark added into the Firefox so that I can tell at a glance if I have the default laptop Firefox or my personal one (with all my bookmarks) open.
« Last Edit: February 08, 2009, 12:58:32 AM by revolvergeek »

us Offline Splat

Reply #37 on: February 08, 2009, 02:41:47 AM
I found Adblock cumbersome each time I gave it another shot. DownloadHelper and FoxyTunes are pretty useful. FoxyTunes enables you to control your media player from your FF browser. I've not found any keepers lately. Most new extensions seem to be redundant of older ones.
Splat

Offline cyberspyder

• ~007 Goodness~
Reply #38 on: February 10, 2009, 03:32:43 AM
Fasterfox
Forecastfox
YetAnotherSmoothScrolling
Colorzilla
Foxytunes
IETab
DownloadThemAll!
Imageshack Toolbar
Download Statusbar
Adblock Plus
Fast Video Download

Firefox 2 theme

Brendan
I

us Offline Splat

Reply #39 on: February 10, 2009, 06:02:19 PM
ImageZoom is a cool extension. It lets you instantly zoom or enlarge pictures on webpages. Great for ogling knife pics.  :P  http://imagezoom.yellowgorilla.net/  I'm using it with FF v3.0.6.
Splat

Offline cryptrick

Reply #40 on: February 10, 2009, 09:50:35 PM
Fotofox Mixed with PixelPipe is a extension i've just installed, lets you drag photo's into firefox to be uploaded to your photobucket account (plus lots of other sites) seems like it will be very handy :)

Cool tips, thanks, I'll have to try it out soon. Not looked at Firefox Addons for a while, think I'm only using NoScript, Ad Blocker Plus and Fast Dial at the moment. Interesting to see when FF 3.1 comes out with its new Java engine, if all of the Addons still work OK, hopefully most will :)
« Last Edit: February 10, 2009, 09:52:32 PM by cryptrick »
[

Donations

Operational Funds

Help us keep the Unworkable working!
Donate with PayPal!
April Goal: $300.00
Due Date: Apr 30
Total Receipts: $152.99
PayPal Fees: $8.68
Net Balance: $144.31
Below Goal: $155.69