Multitool.org Forum
+-

Hello Lurker! Remove this ad and much more by logging in.

Help me out with this ones guys

us Offline David Bowen

• Multitool Enthusiast
  • Admin Team
  • No Life Club
  • Site Manager
Help me out with this ones guys
on: April 17, 2008, 01:38:27 PM
People like J-Sews outta be able to get me a scan or something.... a visiter of our sites asked me this question through e-mail:

"Hi David, I ran across your review as i was looking for something on the Navitool, I had ordered one and it arrived with no manual, The lighter compartment was open on arrival and once i'd snapped it shut, it doesn't want to open. I can't find anything to depress in order to unlatch it and i didn't want to pry around on it and possibly ruin the thing without asking someone who is familiar with it.  Thank You,  Mark."

I don't own a NaviTool but for those of you that do I would appreciate the help.

David

ca Offline Grant Lamontagne

• Head Turd Polisher
  • Administrator
  • Just Bananas
  • Optimum instrumentum est inter aures
Re: Help me out with this ones guys
Reply #1 on: April 17, 2008, 01:46:13 PM
I know this doesn't help much, but I'd suggest that anyone reading this not buy a Navitool unless they are a collector with an interest in oddities.  From what I have seen, when it comes to function the Navitool seems like it should have dropped out of a cereal box.

Def
Leave the dents as they are- let your belongings show their scars as proudly as you do yours.

spam Offline scrappy

• Turd Bucket
  • No Life Club
Reply #2 on: April 17, 2008, 07:56:54 PM
my navi tool just snaps open. I will look at it closer tonight after work. I take it camping all the time and use it a lot as a camping tool. It is very good quality and has lasted well. the problem I have seen is after schrade closed their items were liquidated in whaterver state they were in and the rejects and not quite finished products were miked in with finished products and sold. I say this cause I bought several schrade knives but thay weren't all finished. they had the wrong box or no instructions ...

us Offline J-sews

• Admin Team
  • Absolute Zombie Club
Reply #3 on: April 18, 2008, 03:10:32 AM
Hey Dave,
The lighter compartment on the NaviTool clicks shut when a little tab of plastic clicks under a lip on the mating surface. (see picture) Nothing to depress. Tell the fellow to just pull up with his thumb on the rubber gripping surface and it should open. After a few open-and-close cycles it should get easier I imagine.  :-\  (Hope this helps)

In order to be certain of having the right tool for every job.........one must first acquire a lot of tools

Donations

Operational Funds

Help us keep the Unworkable working!
Donate with PayPal!
April Goal: $300.00
Due Date: Apr 30
Total Receipts: $158.99
PayPal Fees: $9.20
Net Balance: $149.79
Below Goal: $150.21
Site Currency: USD
50%