Multitool.org Forum
+-

Hello Lurker! Remove this ad and much more by logging in.

OHT Issues

Offline kindadinosaur

• New User
OHT Issues
on: May 14, 2024, 03:06:58 AM
Hello everyone,

I'm new here, so sorry if this is the wrong place to ask.

I have an OHT that I sent to Leatherman once to service and they did not fix the issue I was having, I was emailing them and eventually I never got another reply.

When my pliers are out, they do not stay locked out. The silver buttons don't do anything now. So if I am holding something and I put a little bit too much pressure the pliers re-sheath themselves. Its a very frustrating issue and renders the pliers almost unusable in a lot of situations I use them in. Has anyone experienced this or have a solution to it? I have added a link to a video demonstrating. 

https://drive.google.com/file/d/1qajhaB1CRMDuglfepXFifv9nK5EyvhWr/view?usp=sharing

Also, I plan just waiting until it falls out, but the safety is beyond irrelevant. The metal that im guessing holds it in the locked or unlocked position doesn't do anything and it pretty much freely spins to whatever direction its feeling like.

us Offline Rich_SD

• No Life Club
Re: OHT Issues
Reply #1 on: May 14, 2024, 06:33:56 PM
Welcome to  :MTO:

I have never experienced that problem myself, so I don't have any suggestions on how to fix it.

My suggestion is to continue reaching out to Leatherman - just be patient and polite, and I'm sure they'll fix it.  The few times I had to reach out to Leatherman customer service, they were slow on their replies.  I think they just have a giant workload.

us Online LoopCutter

• Absolutely No Life Club
Re: OHT Issues
Reply #2 on: May 14, 2024, 08:14:25 PM
I forgot last night to examine my OHT, then seeing Rich’s reply, I did.

When you deploy your plier head, do so slowly and watch the releasing buttons.   When the head is fully extended the the buttons should spring out, this locks the plier head open.  You must fully dipress each button to retract the plier head.

I have observed that sometimes  “flicking” the plier head out, it does seat fully to the end track and the side buttons do not lock.

Lubrication the plier track on rack side of the handle will allow for smoother operation.

But if those buttons do not spring out the plier head will  remain out.

Also, examine inside the handles and make certain there is not debris preventing  the pliers from fully extending.

If LM inspected, they likely tested by grasping the head pulling it out.  Not flicking as many owners do, and not emulating your technique.

Hope this may provide you relief😉
If I start and end the day above ground, it is a good day!

Hope yours is as good!

A SMART man always knows what to say!
   A WISE man knows whether or not to say it!!!

Donations

Operational Funds

Help us keep the Unworkable working!
Donate with PayPal!
May Goal: $300.00
Due Date: May 31
Total Receipts: $77.16
PayPal Fees: $3.91
Net Balance: $73.25
Below Goal: $226.75
Site Currency: USD
24%