Multitool.org Forum
+-

Hello Lurker! Remove this ad and much more by logging in.

First Cut is The Deepest

Ross · 6 · 1317

gb Offline Ross

First Cut is The Deepest
on: May 21, 2013, 04:20:15 PM
so I've jus been to the shop to buy some new hose to wash my car - turns out the hose I bought was to small for the tap.

I decide to cut a small slit in the hose and twist on - for this job I am using the new love of my life, my new Trailmaster.

turns out that thing is sharp hahha sliced my finger as well as the hose - ouch!

I think I read on here that you only become at one with you knife once the first cut has been made - me and y Trailmaster are now one :).

two things have come out of this 1.my new hose now fits 2. I have a new respect for such a big blade that I did not have - I am now more careful when using such a beast.

war story over.
« Last Edit: May 21, 2013, 04:30:56 PM by Ross »

us Offline Monrogue

• Absolute Zombie Club
  • Wooooo!
Re: First Cut is The Deepest
Reply #1 on: May 21, 2013, 05:47:51 PM
Nice story man :tu:  I think I've only done something similar to myself once, and that was when using my PSTII's combo edge blade to cut up some cardboard.  I guess I placed my left thumb in the wrong spot because the blade veered towards it and just about sliced the tip off.  It was only attached by a small piece of skin, and bled for a while.  Other than that, most other cuts I get are small nicks more than anything from not quite getting a finger out of the way when closing a blade.  Actually the Pioneer's awl tip sliced the side of a finger once when I didn't get it out of the way. 
K-Tibbs

ca Offline Jothra

• No Life Club
  • Queen's Venturer
Reply #2 on: May 21, 2013, 07:40:53 PM
I'm pretty sure the only knife I own that hasn't left me with a flesh wound is the 10-inch Rambo-style knife I got for being in a wedding party a few years ago, and only because it came completely unsharpened. The knife, that is; not the wedding party.

hr Offline enki_ck

• Global Moderator
  • Absolute Zombie Club
  • I may get older but I refuse to grow up.
Reply #3 on: May 21, 2013, 09:23:58 PM
Nicks and cuts come with the hobby. :D They bite us just to show us their love ;)

I'm glad you and your new 111 have become such good friends already. :2tu:

spam Offline J Mackrel Jones

Reply #4 on: May 21, 2013, 11:50:37 PM
From the Safety section of the Use and Care chapter,  The Swiss Army Knife Owner's Manual:
"Your knife as it came from the factory is damn sharp. Pain is a very good teacher, but through language, we have the ability also to learn from our fellows. The following safety guidelines can help you to not slice into the top of your finger as you carve your first project, spraying blood across the kitchen table, and seeing the strange look in your siblings’ eyes as you
say “Get Mom.” Yes, I learned from that experience, and I hope you can too."
The work takes on a life unplanned
and the painter finds the painting directs the hand

ph Offline Goatlord666

• I am the ghost that haunts the GERBER MTo Forum
Reply #5 on: May 22, 2013, 12:10:58 AM
you are a brave soldier, dear sir!
Cheers,
Gabriel

"you can't always get what you want, but sometimes you get what you need"

"I have a confession to make: I am addicted to steel, I have a smoking problem, I have a short attention span and I am easily amused"

"Balisongs Forever!!!"

Donations

Operational Funds

Help us keep the Unworkable working!
Donate with PayPal!
April Goal: $300.00
Due Date: Apr 30
Total Receipts: $158.99
PayPal Fees: $9.20
Net Balance: $149.79
Below Goal: $150.21
Site Currency: USD