Multitool.org Forum
+-

Hello Lurker! Remove this ad and much more by logging in.

Leatherman Bit Driver in Powerlock

Offline CShuen

• New User
Leatherman Bit Driver in Powerlock
on: April 26, 2008, 05:02:51 AM
Hi everyone,

I was playing with a friend's Charge the other day, and quite enjoyed using the bit driver. I'm wondering if it's possible to mod one into my SOG Powerlock. From the pictures (namely J-sews') it looks like the driver will fit into the SOG providing that the pins are the same size. It also looks like there's room to machine the driver body down in case it's too long and prevents the tool from closing. The locking notch, though wide, looks like it's in the right place too.

Any insights to whether this is possible?

us Offline J-sews

• Admin Team
  • Absolute Zombie Club
Re: Leatherman Bit Driver in Powerlock
Reply #1 on: April 26, 2008, 11:13:24 PM
Greetings CShuen! :multi:

The pivot pins are indeed the same size. I don't know about the locking notch. It's definitely wider on the Leatherman, but I can't tell whether this will be a problem. Might have to try it and find out.  :-\
In order to be certain of having the right tool for every job.........one must first acquire a lot of tools

Offline CShuen

• New User
Reply #2 on: April 27, 2008, 12:01:13 AM
Thanks for the welcome, J-sews  :)

Do you happen to know where I could get a hold of the bit driver part? I've checked around and it seems, unlike SOG, that Leatherman doesn't sell individual components. Short of buying a charge or wave to scuttle for parts ($$$) do I have any other options? I don't have any other MTs that I can switch from either (Clutch, Squirt, and a SAK).  ???

gb Offline Mike, Lord of the Spammers!

• Chief of the Absolutely No Life Club!
  • Abandon All Hope Ye Who Enter Here...
  • Why haven't you got a Farmer yet!
Reply #3 on: April 27, 2008, 12:05:08 AM
Thanks for the welcome, J-sews  :)

Do you happen to know where I could get a hold of the bit driver part? I've checked around and it seems, unlike SOG, that Leatherman doesn't sell individual components. Short of buying a charge or wave to scuttle for parts ($$$) do I have any other options? I don't have any other MTs that I can switch from either (Clutch, Squirt, and a SAK).  ???
There are a few modders on this site, maybe you could place a 'wanted' add in the Tool's Needed Forum, for the bit's you need...
http://forum.multitool.org/index.php/board,9.0.html

And welcome to the forum btw :)
« Last Edit: April 27, 2008, 12:08:00 AM by micky d »
Give in, buy several Farmer's!!!!!!

Offline Leatherman123

• Absolutely No Life Club
Reply #4 on: April 27, 2008, 12:06:28 AM
It is a real bummer how LM doesn't sell individual components... Your best bet short of buying a new tool is to look on eBay for a used Wave. You can pick them up for around $50 all day long. Some even go for $40 sometimes.. BTW, welcome to the forum CSheun!
B

Donations

Operational Funds

Help us keep the Unworkable working!
Donate with PayPal!
April Goal: $300.00
Due Date: Apr 30
Total Receipts: $122.41
PayPal Fees: $6.85
Net Balance: $115.56
Below Goal: $184.44
Site Currency: USD