Multitool.org Forum
+-

Hello Lurker! Remove this ad and much more by logging in.

Dating in the '70s - Victorinox chronology - Part 2 Catalogs

us Offline kamakiri

• No Life Club
Re: Dating in the '70s - Victorinox chronology - Part 2 Catalogs
Reply #30 on: December 24, 2020, 06:47:05 PM
Yep Ditto the first point KK - Thanks for making this thread - Although I do need to give this a good proper read ..... RL has been a bit hectic recently!!

Anyway it's in the Dating sticky now - Thanks again   :tu:

Thanks and thanks Huntsman!  :cheers:

...dates for the Hoffritz catalogs you (minichamp) posted are closer to the ‘end’ dates for thier use. Particularly the “1974” and “1979” copies. The included price sheets are likely the last ones used for those. The “1979” copy was likely in use by ‘77. 

Meant to post about Hoffritz catalogs in this thread first, but started in the Vintage thread. Essentially the same point I made earlier about the tendency to keep the last price sheet associated with a catalog printing.

Hoffritz does have several unique features that add many traceable changes regarding ‘70s chronology. The Hoffritz stainless inlay, tang stamps and sometimes discontinued parts.
If this post has been helpful in dating your Swiss Army Knife, please consider making a small contribution to help keep SAKWiki going

us Offline kamakiri

• No Life Club
Reply #31 on: January 10, 2021, 11:30:25 PM
I should have put a link to where the catalogs are in each of my posts above, but most people know how to find those. Hoffritz, maybe not so much. Somewhat buried here:

Hoffritz Catalogs

Page from “1979” which I suggest may be earlier:

Knives in the pic are c.’76
If this post has been helpful in dating your Swiss Army Knife, please consider making a small contribution to help keep SAKWiki going

us Offline kamakiri

• No Life Club
Reply #32 on: February 14, 2021, 09:43:28 PM
For example, the Waiter which did change in that period, was 5080 for the alox version pre-‘78, but was changed to 5081 for the Combo Tool version pre-’81.
‘74-‘77 0.13 00.26 / 5080 Alox Waiter (below)
with c.’84 Waiter. I do not know what the correct Hoffritz name might be, if it is not the same.

Waiter catalog cut from the ‘red’ ‘70s-B catalog.

Donations

Operational Funds

Help us keep the Unworkable working!
Donate with PayPal!
March Goal: $300.00
Due Date: Mar 31
Total Receipts: $279.86
PayPal Fees: $14.66
Net Balance: $265.20
Below Goal: $34.80
Site Currency: USD
88%