Multitool.org Forum
+-

Hello Lurker! Remove this ad and much more by logging in.

M12™ Cordless LITHIUM-ION Multi-Tool Kit

Offline Rotten

M12™ Cordless LITHIUM-ION Multi-Tool Kit
on: July 10, 2013, 04:52:28 AM

us Offline Nhoj

• No Life Club
Re: M12™ Cordless LITHIUM-ION Multi-Tool Kit
Reply #1 on: July 10, 2013, 05:27:44 AM
I have one of those by a different brand, but I recommend getting the one made by Dremel. On most to attach different tools there is a bolt that needs a hex key. The dremel one has a much more convenient clip. 

ca Offline jzmtl

• Absolutely No Life Club
Reply #2 on: July 10, 2013, 05:33:36 AM
Those oscillation tools exploded in the past few years after the German company's patent ran out and everybody now makes one. Pretty handy from what I hear in tight corners, and wish I had one a few times.

Funny though you don't hear any of the "OMG who stole what" cry regard features/expired patent you see so often in knife world.  ::)

Offline Styerman

• No Life Club
Reply #3 on: July 11, 2013, 09:46:45 AM
I want one too. I already have a few M12 tools , so I have the batts/charger in inventory . I had access to a buddie's fine , and found the carbide , steel , and diamond saw attachments very usefull .

Kinda like a saturday night special , no substitute when you really need it . In a corded version , I'd still buy a Fien . Weight alone tells you she's solid .

Chris

de Offline lowtech

• No Life Club
Reply #4 on: July 11, 2013, 01:06:58 PM
I did buy a Bosch one a few years ago. It´s not as versatile (or fast) as one might wish, but there are tasks where no other tool will work as good. For examplöe sawing is quite slow, but opening a hole in a kitchen cupboard to route cables or plumbing in a confined space with teh cupboard standing close to the wall is a Job for those tools. Or removing teh stuff between tiles so you can take out just one damaged tile.
Oh, and they are loud and myke your hands numb.

AFAIK the Cordless Dremel one is a rebranded cordless Bosch oen, so you might want to check prices on both.

The current FEIn ones are very nice, although too expensive for a tool I use so sparingly.
In my case, having to change tools with a Hex key is no big problem. If i would use the tool day in day out, I´d go for the FEIN with teh tool-less exchange system.

Offline Styerman

• No Life Club
Reply #5 on: July 12, 2013, 03:25:27 AM
In my Hood , the original corded Fien runs bout 180 , the Milwaukee runs about 199 . It's a tool you will probably not use too often , and probably in relation to an existing structure . Corder should work in that situation . The cost of a good assortment of blades could get up there .

Chris

hr Offline enki_ck

• Global Moderator
  • Absolute Zombie Club
  • I may get older but I refuse to grow up.
Reply #6 on: July 28, 2013, 06:19:45 PM
I'm thinking about getting one of these for my birthday. :think:

Donations

Operational Funds

Help us keep the Unworkable working!
Donate with PayPal!
April Goal: $300.00
Due Date: Apr 30
Total Receipts: $122.41
PayPal Fees: $6.85
Net Balance: $115.56