Multitool.org Forum
+-

Hello Lurker! Remove this ad and much more by logging in.

I am so weak!!

us Offline BIG-TARGET

• No Life Club
  • "Survival must be earned"-Klingon Proverb
I am so weak!!
on: May 03, 2008, 05:55:38 PM
After seeing E.Danny's video of the LM Juice XE6 http://forum.multitool.org/index.php?topic=4654.msg76283;boardseen#new

I unsuccessfully fought the urge, grabbed my REI 20% off coupon,and bought one. Even bought a leather pouch for it too. :multi:

And of coursethe wife's reaction> :ahhh  :twak: :ahhh :twak: :ahhh :twak:

"Some rise by sin, and some by virtue fall;
 Some run from breaks of ice, and answer none:
 And some condemned for a fault alone." -William Shakespeare, King Lear (1608), Act IV, scene 6, line 169

england Offline Benner

• Global Tuffy
  • Absolute Zombie Club
  • Just Awesome! And a Slayer of Polar Bear!
Re: I am so weak!!
Reply #1 on: May 03, 2008, 06:01:30 PM
I've been a bit of a sucker with recent purchases as well.   ::)

What the wives have got to realise is the we need these things.   :D
I'm back!!

ca Offline Grant Lamontagne

• Head Turd Polisher
  • Administrator
  • Just Bananas
  • Optimum instrumentum est inter aures
Reply #2 on: May 03, 2008, 06:02:17 PM
That's what you get for telling her you did it! :P

The Juice models are hard ones to deal with- they don't look like every other tool, so it's hard to pretend you already had that one!

Def
Leave the dents as they are- let your belongings show their scars as proudly as you do yours.

us Offline BIG-TARGET

• No Life Club
Reply #3 on: May 03, 2008, 06:16:55 PM
That's what you get for telling her you did it! :P

The Juice models are hard ones to deal with- they don't look like every other tool, so it's hard to pretend you already had that one!

Def

Next time, I'll just tell her:"WOuld you be happier if I spent the money on a hooker??" :o ::)

Ironically, the wife may be less upset over that :think:
 And some condemned for a fault alone." -William Shakespeare, King Lear (1608), Act IV, scene 6, line 169

us Offline ducktapehero

• No Life Club
  • Plants should be smoked, not eaten.
Reply #4 on: May 03, 2008, 08:41:04 PM
Next time, I'll just tell her:"WOuld you be happier if I spent the money on a hooker??"

Ironically, the wife may be less upset over that
I understand. I don't know if it's a mid-life crisis or what but I've been getting a hankering to buy a Mustang GT. I've never had a real nice car before and now that I'm in my mid 30's I figure it's time I get something I've always wanted. Of course Mustang GT's aren't cheap. My wife keeps saying that she wishes that I'd just get a girlfriend instead, they're a lot cheaper.  :D :D :D
http://ducksrandomthoughts.blogspot.com - or follow me on Twitter- @ducksthoughts

It's hard to say nipple without smirking.

us Offline BIG-TARGET

• No Life Club
Reply #5 on: May 03, 2008, 11:30:04 PM
mid 30's is mid life crisis??

I'm 44, and my foot infection has made me realise that I have more years behind me that I do in front of me :o
And I don't even have/keep a woman as my mistress yet!!

Now THAT is mid-life crisis!! :ahhh :ahhh :ahhh :ahhh :ahhh :ahhh :ahhh :ahhh

us Offline ducktapehero

• No Life Club
Reply #6 on: May 04, 2008, 12:15:35 AM
Surviving cancer last year definitely made me realize my mortality. And I doubt I'll be alive in 36 years so yeah, I can safely have a mid-life crisis.  :D
« Last Edit: May 04, 2008, 12:17:12 AM by ducktapehero »
http://ducksrandomthoughts.blogspot.com - or follow me on Twitter- @ducksthoughts

us Offline BIG-TARGET

• No Life Club
Reply #7 on: May 04, 2008, 01:59:10 AM
Surviving cancer last year definitely made me realize my mortality. And I doubt I'll be alive in 36 years so yeah, I can safely have a mid-life crisis.  :D

:oops: My apologies! The cancer you survived DEFINATELY makes your point VALID!!  ;)

Death has a way of make one rethink their priorities in life. :think: :-\
« Last Edit: May 04, 2008, 02:04:10 AM by BIG-TARGET »

us Offline ducktapehero

• No Life Club
Reply #8 on: May 04, 2008, 05:50:24 AM
My apologies! The cancer you survived DEFINATELY makes your point VALID!! 

Death has a way of make one rethink their priorities in life.
No need to apologize. I certainly wasn't trying to make you feel bad or "compare" medical problems. You're right though, having death stare into your face definitely changes your priorities. I wasn't really scared of dying but being away from my wife and son scared the hell out of me. So did the fact that had I died my son wouldn't have known me, he would only have stories and pictures of me.

Offline E. Danny

• 17 of 500
Reply #9 on: May 04, 2008, 05:56:31 AM
Sure! Blame it on me!
~

ca Offline jzmtl

• Absolutely No Life Club
Reply #10 on: May 04, 2008, 06:22:29 AM
Haha, I keep telling myself that I don't want the skeletool cx, but it's so pretty and shiney!  :-\

Maybe I'll move to halifax and start borrow tools from def.  ::)
« Last Edit: May 04, 2008, 06:29:30 AM by jzmtl »

us Offline David Bowen

• Multitool Enthusiast
  • Admin Team
  • No Life Club
  • Site Manager
Reply #11 on: May 04, 2008, 06:27:56 AM
Mid life crisis in your 30's? I hear you there! I was diagnosed with what my dad has which is Alpha1-antitrypsin (AAT) deficiencyhttp://www.emedicine.com/Med/topic108.htm. Shocked me, almost like I was diagnosed with a killer or something, and in a way it's a wake up call and makes me re-evaluate my life and how I want to live every moment of it. Right now I am going through the motions on what it takes to get treatment when I do need it and stay well so I never end up being like my father, I have no idea what his deficency amount is but I am at 79% and I am only 9 points from needing transfusions of that enzyme I am lacking. Messed up stuff. Anyways I have rambled on enough, no sports cars for me or anything, got my own things though I suppose. Grant knows about what goes on in my life, he's there for me. Good to have someone you can talk to when you need a friend :)

David

• Head Turd Polisher
  • Administrator
  • Just Bananas
Reply #12 on: May 04, 2008, 08:02:05 AM
I'm just trying to make sure I'm in your will! :P

Def
Leave the dents as they are- let your belongings show their scars as proudly as you do yours.

Offline jock1

• No Life Club
Reply #13 on: May 04, 2008, 10:17:37 AM
I usually find the "How many feet opposed to pairs of  shoes do you have darling " results in her either taking the huff and walking away or at the very least getting of my case :D

us Offline BIG-TARGET

• No Life Club
Reply #14 on: May 04, 2008, 01:20:17 PM
Sure! Blame it on me!

With great power, comes great responsiblities ::)

us Offline BIG-TARGET

• No Life Club
Reply #15 on: May 04, 2008, 01:44:08 PM
My apologies! The cancer you survived DEFINATELY makes your point VALID!! 

Death has a way of make one rethink their priorities in life.
No need to apologize. I certainly wasn't trying to make you feel bad or "compare" medical problems. You're right though, having death stare into your face definitely changes your priorities. I wasn't really scared of dying but being away from my wife and son scared the hell out of me. So did the fact that had I died my son wouldn't have known me, he would only have stories and pictures of me.
I know you weren't trying to make me feel bad.  But it does make you rethink your life.  Especially after the doctors told me that if I stalled off going to the hospital another 24 hours, I would have been dead. And it affects people in different ways.  I've noticed caught myself being a bit more selfish, and I don't feel guilty about it.

us Offline ducktapehero

• No Life Club
Reply #16 on: May 04, 2008, 04:56:29 PM
Anyways I have rambled on enough, no sports cars for me or anything, got my own things though I suppose.
LOL I doubt I'll get the Mustang, I just want one. Every time I say something about it the wife just tells me how impractical it is. So it looks like I'll be scooting around in my dented up station wagon til the wheels fall off.

Especially after the doctors told me that if I stalled off going to the hospital another 24 hours, I would have been dead

Sometimes it's weird how these things work out. I'm not exactly one to rush to the DR either too. In my case I just had a regular check up. I had a pretty nasty chest cold so the DR wanted to do an X-ray. Through a series of X-rays and CT Scans they eventually saw my cancer. I didn't have any symptoms or anything. I'm here only because of luck or God still has plans for me. Usually by the time kidney cancer starts having symptoms it's too late. But they caught it before it spread.

Well I'm glad that both of us are still here to brag about our battle scars and David, good luck with yours. I'll be praying for ya.

Sorry for the thread hijack.

us Offline BIG-TARGET

• No Life Club
Reply #17 on: May 04, 2008, 07:46:42 PM
Anyways I have rambled on enough, no sports cars for me or anything, got my own things though I suppose.
LOL I doubt I'll get the Mustang, I just want one. Every time I say something about it the wife just tells me how impractical it is. So it looks like I'll be scooting around in my dented up station wagon til the wheels fall off.

Especially after the doctors told me that if I stalled off going to the hospital another 24 hours, I would have been dead

Sometimes it's weird how these things work out. I'm not exactly one to rush to the DR either too. In my case I just had a regular check up. I had a pretty nasty chest cold so the DR wanted to do an X-ray. Through a series of X-rays and CT Scans they eventually saw my cancer. I didn't have any symptoms or anything. I'm here only because of luck or God still has plans for me. Usually by the time kidney cancer starts having symptoms it's too late. But they caught it before it spread.

Well I'm glad that both of us are still here to brag about our battle scars and David, good luck with yours. I'll be praying for ya.

Sorry for the thread hijack.

No worries.  Sometimes,threads take a unique turn. David,Sorry to hear about your problem.  First time I ever of this condition. You definately have to keep us up to speed on this disease.

Now back to our regularly scheduled thread ;)

One thing about EDanny's Juice XE6, is his aftermarket add on of the bottle opener.  I like that concept!  So now I'm deciding which Atwood tool to attach to the XE6. 
Which one???
the original Prybaby http://www.atwoodknives.com/home/10959617.php

Mini-prybaby http://www.atwoodknives.com/home/18973320.php

Sharkbite http://www.atwoodknives.com/home/20076623.php

Bottlebug(titanium version) http://www.atwoodknives.com/home/18920477.php

Decisions,,,,,,decisions :think:

PS>>>I'm surprised that this forum doesn't have an Atwood section :pok:
« Last Edit: May 04, 2008, 07:49:22 PM by BIG-TARGET »

• Head Turd Polisher
  • Administrator
  • Just Bananas
Reply #18 on: May 04, 2008, 11:20:39 PM
I'm surprised that this forum doesn't have an Atwood section

Peter doesn't feel that we have anything to offer him.

Def

us Offline BIG-TARGET

• No Life Club
Reply #19 on: May 05, 2008, 05:04:37 PM
I'm surprised that this forum doesn't have an Atwood section

Peter doesn't feel that we have anything to offer him.

Def
Multis and Atwood compliment each other nicely :think: :think: :think: :think: :think:

• Head Turd Polisher
  • Administrator
  • Just Bananas
Reply #20 on: May 05, 2008, 05:23:55 PM
That's what I would have thought too.

If anyone here knows Peter and would like to give him a poke, by all means go for it!  I'd love to do something with him.

Def

ph Offline duckman1975

• No Life Club
  • Naked without my multitool!
Reply #21 on: May 06, 2008, 12:50:35 AM
After seeing E.Danny's video of the LM Juice XE6 http://forum.multitool.org/index.php?topic=4654.msg76283;boardseen#new

I unsuccessfully fought the urge, grabbed my REI 20% off coupon,and bought one. Even bought a leather pouch for it too. :multi:

And of coursethe wife's reaction> :ahhh  :twak: :ahhh :twak: :ahhh :twak:

Totally normal Big-target, if my wife hadn't sequestered my credit card, sure have bought me the xe6 too. But everything is not lost both my LMs doesn't have a cork screw so I can justify it as my next purchase  :D
Multitools are the best thing that happened to mankind since the invention of the wheel!

us Offline BIG-TARGET

• No Life Club
Reply #22 on: May 06, 2008, 03:31:49 AM
And don't forget, whenyou get a Juice with a corkscrew, get the SAK jewelers screwdriver for it ;)

ph Offline duckman1975

• No Life Club
  • Naked without my multitool!
Reply #23 on: May 06, 2008, 03:46:09 AM
Thanks for reminding me, have one on my SAK.
Multitools are the best thing that happened to mankind since the invention of the wheel!

Donations

Operational Funds

Help us keep the Unworkable working!
Donate with PayPal!
April Goal: $300.00
Due Date: Apr 30
Total Receipts: $158.99
PayPal Fees: $9.20
Net Balance: $149.79
Below Goal: $150.21
Site Currency: USD
50%