Multitool.org Forum
+-

Hello Lurker! Remove this ad and much more by logging in.

March Donation Draw Prize- This Month is Ground Breaking!

ca Offline Grant Lamontagne

• Head Turd Polisher
  • Administrator
  • Just Bananas
  • Optimum instrumentum est inter aures
We have a ground breaking prize this month is many ways!

For one, it actually is a Gerber Ground Breaker:

Also, it is the first multitool of it's kind- an electrician's tool that can be disassembled into smaller, individual tools, and takes into account real world type use, like the hammer heads on the side of the pliers.

Plus this thing is quite large, so if you drop it, the ground might actually break open!   :ahhh

These photos are from when Bob and I originally spotted this thing at the Gerber Booth at SHOT in 2012 and while I don't think there are many differences between it and the production version, don't get mad at me if it's not exactly as pictured if you win.

Speaking of winning, the rules are the same as usual- donate a minimum of $10 to the forum and you'll be entered into the draw for this monstrosity.  We'll only do a draw if we hit our goal of $275 and you'll get one entry for each $10 you donate- provided you make sure to take credit for it.  If you make an anonymous donation I can't pick you as a winner since I don't know who you are.

You can make a donation by clicking on the "Donations" tab at the top, clicking on the big orange "Make A Donation" on the right or by following the following (or preceding!) link:

http://forum.multitool.org/index.php?action=treasury

I'd like to take a moment to thank a certain member here who has made this available for everyone- I imagine everyone looking at this would also like to say thanks, as this member has hauled this out of his personal collection and offered it as a Donation Draw Prize, so HUGE kudos to you man!

That's about it- any questions?  I'm sure I forgot a lot, but the rules are the same as they have been for the last couple of years or so that we have been doing this, so you should all be familiar with them by now!  If not, just ask, I'm sure I have a smartass answer or two lying around!

Def
Leave the dents as they are- let your belongings show their scars as proudly as you do yours.

pt Offline RamoN

Re: March Donation Draw Prize- This Month is Ground Breaking!
Reply #1 on: March 04, 2014, 08:22:43 PM
Thats the only gerber ever that made me  :drool:  So a super thanks to whoever made that beauty available, i imagine it wasnt easy to let it go.

Given the ridiculous taxes i have to pay when putting money outside my country i can only make one entry but i would surely take a lot if i could.
Thanks mto for another great oportunity  :tu:

us Offline Nehmo

Reply #2 on: March 06, 2014, 02:27:46 PM
Given the ridiculous taxes i have to pay when putting money outside my country
Which country (I can't figure out the tiny flag icon) and what taxes are you referring to? And how would they collect?
||||||||--------Nehmo-------|||||||

us Offline detron

• Absolutely No Life Club
  • Tool Carrying Linux User
Reply #3 on: March 06, 2014, 02:31:20 PM
Which country (I can't figure out the tiny flag icon) and what taxes are you referring to? And how would they collect?

if you hover your mouse over the flag it will tell the country  :tu:
If I can help, let me know 

pt Offline RamoN

Reply #4 on: March 10, 2014, 03:00:28 AM

Sorry i didnt see this before, im from argentina. Right now every time you use your credit card for an international transaction, no matter if its a purchase or a donation like in this case, we are charged 35% over the total. Not only that but the dolar right now is quite expensive here, 1 U$s is 8 or sometimes more of our current coin ar$. So for donating 10 dollars im paying more or less 80 of my current coin plus a 35% so 10 dollars=108 argentine pesos   :rant:

The way they collect is they charge the extra 35% directly to your credit card bill.

In the case of buying you have to add 50% customs tax  so 85% tax in total  :ahhh

us Offline hrvstmn31

Reply #5 on: March 10, 2014, 03:51:27 AM

Sorry i didnt see this before, im from argentina. Right now every time you use your credit card for an international transaction, no matter if its a purchase or a donation like in this case, we are charged 35% over the total. Not only that but the dolar right now is quite expensive here, 1 U$s is 8 or sometimes more of our current coin ar$. So for donating 10 dollars im paying more or less 80 of my current coin plus a 35% so 10 dollars=108 argentine pesos   :rant:

The way they collect is they charge the extra 35% directly to your credit card bill.

In the case of buying you have to add 50% customs tax  so 85% tax in total  :ahhh
What is the minimum wage in your country? Maybe add the cost of some common items so I can wrap my mind around your current predicament.

ch Offline Etherealicer

• Admin Team
  • Zombie Apprentice
Reply #6 on: March 12, 2014, 05:27:27 PM

Don't use a credit card. I always transfer the money to my paypal account in advance, that way I have far less fees.
It wouldn't be the internet without people complaining.

hr Offline enki_ck

• Global Moderator
  • Absolute Zombie Club
  • I may get older but I refuse to grow up.
Reply #7 on: March 12, 2014, 07:48:07 PM

What is the minimum wage in your country? Maybe add the cost of some common items so I can wrap my mind around your current predicament.

This might help.

http://www.numbeo.com/cost-of-living/country_result.jsp?country=Argentina

pt Offline RamoN

Reply #8 on: March 13, 2014, 09:54:55 PM
Mmm lets see, the situation in my country is kind of complex because its not particularly a lack of money but that our money is becoming worthless. I.e. our coin lose value, everyone here wants to save in dollars, the goverment forbids the selling of dollars and taxes everything so you are left with a coin thats not good to save and always coming short to cover expenses. Plus we live in a very big country so everything that is produced here ends up being very expensive due to the costs of production, transportation, more taxes, etc. The result is that local goods are as expensive as imported goods.

So in practise you spend most of your salary and i mean sometimes above 80% on living everyday and taxes and services. So you are left with a small portion of your income and you have two choices, if you save it tomorrow that money will be worth half of what its worth now, if you expend it you dont know whats gonna happen tomorrow so you dont want to be out of money. The logical answer to that is ask for more money, but when you get it prices already got up so you are with more income but exactly in the same situation and so on........ Stores here literally raise their prices weekly at the most.

So long story short, everytime i expend money im running short on something, it has been a very long time ive seen someone living with money to spare, everyone is full of debts, living by the day without debts is like a triumph here.

Its been like this for a couple of years now and im full of anger because i love my country, but we cant seem to find a way to land a goverment that let us live with some peace and stability.

I dont know if this answers or clarifys enough, did my best but its not easy to explain.

Thanks for asking though  :tu:

us Offline bdAmmo

• No Life Club
Reply #9 on: March 16, 2014, 07:13:36 AM
I've got my entry in! This looks like a pretty useful tool. Thanks to the member who made this available, that was very generous! Good luck everyone :salute:

hr Offline enki_ck

• Global Moderator
  • Absolute Zombie Club
Reply #10 on: March 18, 2014, 01:28:39 AM
And we're now officially above goal. :woohoo:

This one is going to get a new owner at the end of the month. Good luck to everyone who entered and for those who didn't, there's still a bit less than two weeks to go. ;) You might get lucky. :D

us Offline detron

Reply #11 on: March 18, 2014, 01:34:08 AM
And we're now officially above goal. :woohoo:

This one is going to get a new owner at the end of the month. Good luck to everyone who entered and for those who didn't, there's still a bit less than two weeks to go. ;) You might get lucky. :D

us Offline ducttapetech

• Zombie Apprentice
  • Whiskey Tango Foxtrot, over.
Reply #12 on: March 18, 2014, 01:35:05 AM
Sweet!

that's us mobile

Nate

SEND IT!

fr Offline Whoey

• Administrator
  • Zombie Apprentice
  • I am geek, hear me code
Reply #13 on: March 28, 2014, 12:49:41 PM
is it too late to rig the draw in my favour?  :drool: :drool: :drool:
The difficult we do immediately, the impossible takes a little longer.

ca Offline derekmac

• Zombie Apprentice
  • Little to the right...
Reply #14 on: March 28, 2014, 12:54:57 PM
is it too late to rig the draw in my favour?  :drool: :drool: :drool:
Just threaten to crash the forum if you don't win.  >:D :rofl:

ca Offline Grant Lamontagne

• Head Turd Polisher
  • Administrator
  • Just Bananas
  • Optimum instrumentum est inter aures
Reply #15 on: April 02, 2014, 01:16:58 AM
I decided this month to roll the dice when picking a winner- literally!  We had 35 entries this month so, with the help of a d30 and d6 (30 sided and 6 sided for non dorks!) I managed to pick the winner.  Since I was adding the numbers on the dice, the member in the number one spot was moved to 36 since there was no way to get 1.  So, here is what I rolled:

When I checked my list to see who #25 was I thought I'd better role again!  :P

Congratulations Kirky!  Now everyone can blame you for them not winning the Groundbreaker!

Def
Leave the dents as they are- let your belongings show their scars as proudly as you do yours.

us Offline Sazabi

Reply #16 on: April 02, 2014, 01:43:12 AM
Congrats Kirk. :tu:

ca Offline derekmac

• Zombie Apprentice
  • Little to the right...
Reply #17 on: April 02, 2014, 01:46:40 AM
Congrats Kirk!!!

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

00 Offline kirk13

• Admin Team
  • Zombie Apprentice
Reply #18 on: April 02, 2014, 01:50:32 AM
Oh wow! Smurf me! I've won one!
There is no beginning,or ending,and for this we are thankful,cos now is hard enough to understand!

fr Offline Whoey

• Administrator
  • Zombie Apprentice
  • I am geek, hear me code
Reply #19 on: April 02, 2014, 01:53:48 AM
congrats, do you need my address or should I ban you now ?  >:D :P
The difficult we do immediately, the impossible takes a little longer.

00 Offline kirk13

• Admin Team
  • Zombie Apprentice
Reply #20 on: April 02, 2014, 01:54:58 AM
congrats, do you need my address or should I ban you now ?  >:D :P

Hardy-har-har  :D
There is no beginning,or ending,and for this we are thankful,cos now is hard enough to understand!

us Offline jerseydevil

• Admin Team
  • Zombie Apprentice
  • Join us! Embrace the Flicky Faith!
Reply #21 on: April 02, 2014, 01:55:07 AM
Congrats Kirky!  :cheers:
There's no such thing as "Too pretty to carry".  There's only "Too pretty NOT to carry"...... >:D

us Offline ducttapetech

• Zombie Apprentice
  • Whiskey Tango Foxtrot, over.
Reply #22 on: April 02, 2014, 01:55:12 AM
Congrats Kirk!

that's us mobile

Nate

SEND IT!

us Offline detron

Reply #23 on: April 02, 2014, 03:10:02 AM
very nice,  congrats Kirk! 

us Offline stealth007s

• I don't LIKE anything!i!¡!¡!¡!
Reply #24 on: April 02, 2014, 05:53:23 AM
Congrats John!¡!
Dear Leatherman......................

Terry

ch Offline Etherealicer

• Admin Team
  • Zombie Apprentice
Reply #25 on: April 02, 2014, 10:39:56 AM
And again its kirk's fault that I didn't win :P

:cheers: congrats Kirk
It wouldn't be the internet without people complaining.

ca Offline CanadianLMfan

• No Life Club
  • All Lurkers Please Join :D
Reply #26 on: April 03, 2014, 12:51:45 AM
Congratulations! :cheers:
Leatherman

hr Offline enki_ck

• Global Moderator
  • Absolute Zombie Club
Reply #27 on: April 03, 2014, 11:07:17 AM
You're on a roll. :cheers:

Congrats. :2tu:

Donations

Operational Funds

Help us keep the Unworkable working!
Donate with PayPal!
April Goal: $300.00
Due Date: Apr 30
Total Receipts: $168.99
PayPal Fees: $9.87
Net Balance: $159.12