Multitool.org Forum
+-

Hello Lurker! Remove this ad and much more by logging in.

uhf/vhf and cb/10meter radios..

Offline firefightingjosh

uhf/vhf and cb/10meter radios..
on: August 25, 2013, 02:21:05 AM
On a fire dept, and of course we use radios. That being said out here we use VHF radios so I have one in my truck as well as a cb with ssb and have a 10 meter that will go in place of that soon since it can also run the cb channels. Anyway anyone on a fire dept or that's into radios decided to run two vhf or two uhf radios in your vehicle? Tempted to as we have a tac channel, a disp channel and mutual aide channels and sometimes if i am incident command or going to another district I need to monitor and talk on several channels. Almost thinking of going with a dual head radio like in our ambulances and being able to run on two channels at once. (currently using truck radio and one or two portables if i need so im not changing between channels and missing things even though i scan). Have the Vertex 4600 VHF in there now, looking at going to the Vertex 6000 which is dual head or just running two vertex 4600s or even finding a dual band so I have UHF covered as well since I often go out of district and out of state on wildland fires. Any insight on this as for ideas? Just don't want a ton of radios floating around my truck. Radio needs to be somewhat rugged and perferably commercial cert. I drive on gravel roads every day and actually most of my driving is rough gravel roads since im a logger and live in montana. 

Donations

Operational Funds

Help us keep the Unworkable working!
Donate with PayPal!
May Goal: $300.00
Due Date: May 31
Total Receipts: $77.16
PayPal Fees: $3.91
Net Balance: $73.25
Below Goal: $226.75
Site Currency: USD
24%