Multitool.org Forum
+-

Hello Lurker! Remove this ad and much more by logging in.

Ben Affleck to play Batman?

us Offline RoboYeti

Re: Ben Affleck to play Batman?
Reply #30 on: August 25, 2013, 03:23:44 AM
I was initially skeptical, but I'm warming up to the possibility he could do a good job. I mean, when Tim Burton cast Michael Keaton as Batman, it made no sense. The guy who played Beetlejuice, and Mr. Mom, as Batman? His first Batman movie is quite good though.

00 Offline Freudian Frog

• No Life Club
  • I just don't know what went wrong.
Reply #31 on: August 25, 2013, 03:27:55 AM
At first: :facepalm:

Then: :facepalm:

Conclusion: :facepalm: ... but it can't be worse than Christian Bale. :facepalm:

Yes, I'm overusing :facepalm: because it's new for me. :facepalm:
Got those frog legs.

ca Offline Grant Lamontagne

• Head Turd Polisher
  • Administrator
  • Just Bananas
  • Optimum instrumentum est inter aures
Reply #32 on: August 25, 2013, 05:12:58 AM
I was initially skeptical, but I'm warming up to the possibility he could do a good job. I mean, when Tim Burton cast Michael Keaton as Batman, it made no sense. The guy who played Beetlejuice, and Mr. Mom, as Batman? His first Batman movie is quite good though.

Yes well Michael Keaton is an excellent actor- the muscles were simulated with a foam rubber suit.  I'm not sure we could find a foam rubber prosthetic to cover Affleck's lack of talent.

Def

Sent from a digital multitool
Leave the dents as they are- let your belongings show their scars as proudly as you do yours.

gb Offline AimlessWanderer

• Zombie Apprentice
  • I'm not a pessimist, I'm an experienced optimist!
Reply #33 on: August 25, 2013, 05:35:57 AM
Could have been worse ..... could have been Rick Moranis  :rofl:

The cantankerous but occasionally useful member, formally known as 50ft-trad

spam Offline comis

• Zombie Apprentice
Reply #34 on: August 25, 2013, 09:04:32 AM
I just remembered a distant nightmare--George Clooney.  He is not a bad actor, especially considering recent work.  But the Clooney Batman was a low-low.  I don't like Affleck as a chooce, but I am doubtful he could make it even worse. :facepalm:

scotland Offline Gareth

• Admin Team
  • Point Of No Return
Reply #35 on: August 25, 2013, 10:43:58 AM
For my Money Michael Keaton has still turned in the best Batman/Wayne performance.  I know some of you will be creaming "what about Bale!" and even some of you thinking "what about West!?", but for me Keaton still does it best.
Be excellent to each other and always know where your towel is.

fr Offline Whoey

• Administrator
  • Zombie Apprentice
  • I am geek, hear me code
Reply #36 on: August 25, 2013, 11:13:07 AM
Keaton Batman was on TV yesterday and we watched it. Comparing to the modern Bale/Dark Knight series it seems a tad cheesy now, especially the sheer amount of 80s wardrobe  :facepalm: mixed with the typical Gotham city art deco. Was still enjoyable in any case. The same cannot be said for some of the later flicks...
The difficult we do immediately, the impossible takes a little longer.

spam Offline comis

• Zombie Apprentice
Reply #37 on: August 25, 2013, 08:48:21 PM
Keaton was an ok batman in my opinion, but as much as I think Wayne is a social disconnect, the old plot might have overdone it at times :twak:--there was one scene I vividly remembered(old part I or part II ???), that he just sat at the end of a long table, zoning out in an unlit room and wait until the bat signal lit up in mid sky.

Being social misfit is one thing, but posing in a dark room for hours is another level.  Can't he at least play with his SAKs collection? :D

ca Offline Grant Lamontagne

• Head Turd Polisher
  • Administrator
  • Just Bananas
  • Optimum instrumentum est inter aures
Reply #38 on: August 25, 2013, 09:35:23 PM
Keaton, West and Bale all brought something interesting to the role.  Clooney didn't and Kilmer could have, had the movie not been so badly written and shot by a bunch of drunk cameramen.  Val kilmer wasn't a great Batman, but I think he could have been.  The cream may float to the top, but when everything it's floating on is so vile and low, rising above it is still not worth talking about.

Affleck reminds me a lot of the choice of Clooney as Batman.  Pick the flavor of the month actor that women swoon over and put him in as much stuff as you can until people think he's good or he starts to get ugly.  Affleck plays the same character in pretty well every movie he's in, and none of them have much in the way of depth.  Micheal Keaton and Christian Bale are both excellent actors that make you believe they are Batman, and the tortured Bruce Wayne putting on a facade to keep people from suspecting him.  I just can't see Ben Affleck pulling that off.

Def
Leave the dents as they are- let your belongings show their scars as proudly as you do yours.

us Offline detron

• Absolutely No Life Club
  • Tool Carrying Linux User
Reply #39 on: August 25, 2013, 09:46:59 PM
from twitter

In the Ben Affleck version, Batman's parents kill themselves.

:rofl: :rofl: :rofl: :rofl:
If I can help, let me know 

Donations

Operational Funds

Help us keep the Unworkable working!
Donate with PayPal!
April Goal: $300.00
Due Date: Apr 30
Total Receipts: $168.99
PayPal Fees: $9.87
Net Balance: $159.12
Below Goal: $140.88