Multitool.org Forum
+-

Hello Lurker! Remove this ad and much more by logging in.

Wave Charge Wishlist

Jors · 14 · 3508

za Offline Jors

• Johan Crous
Wave Charge Wishlist
on: September 30, 2013, 08:51:11 PM
Hi,
I have been a while not on this forum.
When I came back today I saw that the Surge is going to get the new pliers head (with replaceable wire cutters).

If leatherman can do the same with the Wave or TTi, they are going to sell even more. I am always scared to use the pliers, out of fear to damage the wire cutters. With the new design the pliers head is not only stronger, but also the cutters are replaceable.

Come on leatherman, If it is not yet on the idea list, think about it please.
Regards
Johan

LEATHERMAN: Charge TTi; Super Tool 300; Surge; Pulse; Squirt P4; Micra; MUT STD; Bit Adapter; Universal Bit Adapter; Bit Extender; Leatherman Bit Kit; SOG: Powerlock (S60); Pocket PowerPlier (S44-N); Paratool (S31-N); CrossCut (CC51-CP); Rebar.
Lightsaver LS805 Commando; LED P7 & P5 (EDC); Maratac AAA (EDC Backup); Maglite Solitaire LED.
Cold Steel Lawman; Cudeman 8" & 10" Bowie. 4 Joseph Rogers, 4 Opinel; Buck 110 & 112 & 503.
www.johancrous.co.za

us Offline rdub934

• No Life Club
  • Without POL, pilots are pedestrians
Re: Wave Charge Wishlist
Reply #1 on: September 30, 2013, 09:17:13 PM
Well, if this is a wishlist for improving the Wave/Charge line. In addition to the REBAR plier head...

- I want an awl in place of the micro bit adapter
- Create a bit to use in the large bit adapter that takes the place of the micro bit adapter
- Create at least one model with outside access scissors, with a CE blade so as to not lose the big file and saw
      - Perhaps this model could keep the outside PE, but add a small inside SE, similar to the Sidekick
- A caplifter/medium screwdriver
- Metro's toothpick & tweezer holder
"I wanna introduce you to a very personal friend of mine. This is an M41A pulse rifle. Ten millimeter with over-and-under thirty millimeter pump action grenade launcher." - Cpl Hicks

gb Offline BigMatt

Reply #2 on: October 01, 2013, 12:34:04 AM
-New plier head
-Bin serrated blade for the external/bigger scissors
-Awl in place of internal scissors
-strenghten flat driver so it can be used as a prybar (they breake very easy in the hinge)

That would be my holy grail.

spam Offline glorn

• No Life Club
  • His name is Robert Paulson.
Reply #3 on: October 01, 2013, 02:21:40 AM
Hmm..

Wave 3:

-Rebar pliers
-drop the micro driver and put in an awl

That alone would make me quite happy. But if we can take it further..

-bring back the old scissors
-bring back the old drivers. No bit holders. Reach is a good thing. If I need bits, I'll buy the adapter.

Either way, I'd buy two.

G

us Offline Inzelique

• If at first you don't succeed, get a bigger hammer
Reply #4 on: October 01, 2013, 02:49:06 AM
For me, drop the small bit holder and put in the awl. put in outside opening scissors in place of the SE blade.  Put in some thing similar to the package opener, maybe a cutting hook.  leave the bit holder because there is'nt enough room for the long one.  Add the rebar pliers.  KEEP THE DIAMOND FILE.  Make the saw OHO just because its cool. :multi:

ca Offline CanadianLMfan

• No Life Club
  • All Lurkers Please Join :D
Reply #5 on: October 01, 2013, 02:50:04 AM
I just want scissors on the Rebar. Then it would be perfect. Probably instead of the sheepsfoot serrated blade.
Leatherman

us Offline 3rdpig

Reply #6 on: October 01, 2013, 04:22:19 AM
I want the Rebar pliers and the Charge serrated blade on the Wave.  Also, either turn the flat screwdriver into a pry tool or an awl.  Make eyeglasses bits for the regular bit driver and replace the small bit driver with either a pry tool or an awl, whichever one the large flat bit doesn't become.  Make the scissors better.

za Offline Jors

• Johan Crous
Reply #7 on: October 01, 2013, 08:06:12 PM
You guys thought further than me. I agree wholeheartedly with the little bit driver. Rathe an awl.
I would also prefer the old type of screw driver bit that the Rebar features.
Maybe they must replace the file and saw with two blade changers, those of the Surge. That will give more adaptability.
Regards
Johan

LEATHERMAN: Charge TTi; Super Tool 300; Surge; Pulse; Squirt P4; Micra; MUT STD; Bit Adapter; Universal Bit Adapter; Bit Extender; Leatherman Bit Kit; SOG: Powerlock (S60); Pocket PowerPlier (S44-N); Paratool (S31-N); CrossCut (CC51-CP); Rebar.
Lightsaver LS805 Commando; LED P7 & P5 (EDC); Maratac AAA (EDC Backup); Maglite Solitaire LED.
Cold Steel Lawman; Cudeman 8" & 10" Bowie. 4 Joseph Rogers, 4 Opinel; Buck 110 & 112 & 503.
www.johancrous.co.za

us Offline rdub934

• No Life Club
Reply #8 on: October 01, 2013, 08:32:30 PM
I had considered the blade exchanger, but it really cuts into the useable length of the implement. I like the setup as it is now, concerning the file and saw on the Wave. I just don't need a 3" dedicated serrated blade. I would rather a combo blade, or a small SE blade like the Sidekick.
"I wanna introduce you to a very personal friend of mine. This is an M41A pulse rifle. Ten millimeter with over-and-under thirty millimeter pump action grenade launcher." - Cpl Hicks

ca Offline Metropolicity

• No Life Club
  • Hack Virtuoso
Reply #9 on: October 01, 2013, 08:53:28 PM
Well, if this is a wishlist for improving the Wave/Charge line. In addition to the REBAR plier head...

- I want an awl in place of the micro bit adapter

[size=78%]- Create at least one model with outside access scissors, with a CE blade so as to not lose the big file and saw[/size]

- Create a bit to use in the large bit adapter that takes the place of the micro bit adapter
- Metro's toothpick & tweezer holder

I want the Rebar pliers and the Charge serrated blade on the Wave. 

I had considered the blade exchanger, but it really cuts into the useable length of the implement. I like the setup as it is now, concerning the file and saw on the Wave. I just don't need a 3" dedicated serrated blade. I would rather a combo blade, or a small SE blade like the Sidekick.

[/size][size=78%]Make the saw OHO just because its cool.[/size] :multi:

Look REALLY closely, I milled a 1/8" slot in the saw to make it OHO.

Methinks that's all the mods that were requested :)

No go...make your own awesome Wave/Charge!!!
Why stop now?

Visit the whole Skinth family here: http://www.skinthsolutions.com

Keep up with The Skinths on Facebook: http://www.facebook.com/SkinthSolutions

Shapeways - Metro's Q-branch:
http://www.shapeways.com/shops/metro-qbranch

PayPal: metrogradegoods [at} gmail. com

us Offline sticktodrum

• Kershaws, Zebralights, SAKs, and Leather Men.
Reply #10 on: October 01, 2013, 09:28:27 PM
I really prefer the current plier set for the sake of the needle nose precision. The Rebar isn't that precise.
"If you put Bacardi in my glass again and try to tell me it's rum, I will burn this bar to the ground!"

-A paraphrase of something I read, to which I related strongly.

us Offline rdub934

• No Life Club
Reply #11 on: October 01, 2013, 10:50:47 PM
Metro, I had every confidence you would show and save the day! Lol When it comes to making most existing Leatherman tools better, Metro wrote the book, so to speak.

Offline jnbishop

• New User
Reply #12 on: January 03, 2014, 06:40:18 PM
That small bit driver adapter is awesome. I could really use one of those for my Surge. Are they available for purchase somewhere? (can't seem to find it) If not, how does one make it?

hr Offline enki_ck

• Global Moderator
  • Absolute Zombie Club
  • I may get older but I refuse to grow up.
Reply #13 on: January 03, 2014, 07:42:24 PM
That small bit driver adapter is awesome. I could really use one of those for my Surge. Are they available for purchase somewhere? (can't seem to find it) If not, how does one make it?

Nope, not available for purchase, Metropolicity made that one.

http://forum.multitool.org/leatherman-tools/small-bit-driver-(blast-wave-)/msg608899/#msg608899

BTW, Welcome to the forum. :waving:

Donations

Operational Funds

Help us keep the Unworkable working!
Donate with PayPal!
April Goal: $300.00
Due Date: Apr 30
Total Receipts: $152.99
PayPal Fees: $8.68
Net Balance: $144.31
Below Goal: $155.69
Site Currency: USD