Multitool.org Forum
+-

Hello Lurker! Remove this ad and much more by logging in.

91mm Identification spreadsheet

detron · 14 · 1866

us Offline detron

• Absolutely No Life Club
  • Tool Carrying Linux User
91mm Identification spreadsheet
on: September 22, 2013, 02:38:34 AM
Mods,  let me know if this is not allowed, if so, please remove it.

All of the information for this spreadsheet came from SAKWiki.  and I am human, so errors are possible

ok,  now that that is out of the way, to the goodies.

I compiled this spreadsheet from information from SAKWiki and put it into a format that allows filtering

the spreadsheet is here

https://docs.google.com/file/d/0B96d3YZxO2vrMFZrZ0RkZGFaWjA/edit?usp=sharing

if you find errors, please let me know, and if you know the differences between the Champion a, b, c, let me know and I can update that.
If I can help, let me know 

ca Offline CanadianLMfan

• No Life Club
  • All Lurkers Please Join :D
Re: 91mm Identification spreadsheet
Reply #1 on: September 22, 2013, 03:10:51 AM
Very helpful!
Leatherman

us Offline detron

Reply #2 on: September 22, 2013, 03:25:19 AM
OK,  so I see Google Drive gives some stupid preview.

I recommend downloading the file, and using the filter drop-downs to match tools with.

us Offline Nhoj

• No Life Club
Reply #3 on: September 22, 2013, 04:14:15 AM
It won't let me zoom in on my phone but by straining to look close it looks really good

us Offline detron

Reply #4 on: September 22, 2013, 05:14:49 AM
the visual grid is OK,  but using the filter buttons to filter columns is the biggest help.  this slowly whittles the list down making it easier to match a SAK (VIC 91) to it's name

us Offline detron

Reply #5 on: September 22, 2013, 05:42:15 AM
Maybe this will help those who are unsure about the filters.

this video I just made is me using this spreadsheet's filters to drill down to identify SAKs

gb Offline Cupboard

• No Life Club
Reply #6 on: September 22, 2013, 11:37:36 AM
The only way to enable the filters on a Google Doc spreadsheet is to have it as a GD spreadsheet (rather than an Excel spreadsheet) and then enable editing for people that it's shared with.

Hosted on my account are the two below, the first one is editable and the second isn't, meaning if some smurf deletes everything you can put it back using the second doc :)

https://docs.google.com/spreadsheet/ccc?key=0AoqINJK6ki-YdEE2TDdOd2lfblIydlRncUx0dmhvamc&usp=sharing

https://docs.google.com/spreadsheet/ccc?key=0AoqINJK6ki-YdF9JZXRlYWRzX29uX0tvdnB2LXZfSHc&usp=sharing

hr Offline enki_ck

• Global Moderator
  • Absolute Zombie Club
  • I may get older but I refuse to grow up.
Reply #7 on: September 22, 2013, 03:50:07 PM
Very nice work. :hatsoff:

Is there a way to change text direction on GD? For the tool options fields.

us Offline detron

Reply #8 on: September 22, 2013, 05:44:58 PM
Very nice work. :hatsoff:

Is there a way to change text direction on GD? For the tool options fields.

Not sure,   I was going to just upload it to the site,   but xls nor xlsx were not approved extensions.

It is on GD just as a place to download it from.
I figured if people downloaded it,  then they could use it or change it however they wanted,  like highlighting the ones they have,  or printing custom small lists,  or whatever.

Some time today I will convert it to av Google drive document and add another link

Sent from my SPH-L720 using Tapatalk 2

us Offline detron

Reply #9 on: September 22, 2013, 05:49:48 PM
The only way to enable the filters on a Google Doc spreadsheet is to have it as a GD spreadsheet (rather than an Excel spreadsheet) and then enable editing for people that it's shared with.

Hosted on my account are the two below, the first one is editable and the second isn't, meaning if some smurf deletes everything you can put it back using the second doc :)

https://docs.google.com/spreadsheet/ccc?key=0AoqINJK6ki-YdEE2TDdOd2lfblIydlRncUx0dmhvamc&usp=sharing

https://docs.google.com/spreadsheet/ccc?key=0AoqINJK6ki-YdF9JZXRlYWRzX29uX0tvdnB2LXZfSHc&usp=sharing

Thank you for doing this,  on my phone the tool titles are not showing up,  I will try to make a better Web version

Sent from my SPH-L720 using Tapatalk 2

spam Offline comis

• Zombie Apprentice
Reply #10 on: September 22, 2013, 07:07:44 PM
Excellent excellent work!

Detron,

I tried the spreadsheet on my excel, and one thing I notice is if I sort by layers of tools (from smallest to highest or highest to smallest), somehow the tool name on the left(or the features on the right) didn't change after sort.  Am I missing something?

us Offline detron

Reply #11 on: September 22, 2013, 07:18:01 PM
OK,  so Google drive will not let you change text direction, without doing word art for each cell.  :think:

So, if you have Microsoft Excel, Libra Office, Open Office, star office, and I am sure there are tons of open source spreadsheet applications, just download the file if you want.

I like having something like this on my phone (not accessed by my phone from the internet) when I am at a flea market.  cell service at a level that can do data is not always available.

it took a good 8 or 9 hours to go through the info on SAKWiki and make this, so I really do not want to invest time to make it into any other format.  if you want to do that, please feel free. I hope to do this for other sizes as time permits, but the 91mm was most important to me.  I also like the fact that a spreadsheet can be sorted anyway the user wants, or new fields added to the existing data (weight, release year, discontinued, etc)

us Offline detron

Reply #12 on: September 22, 2013, 07:22:01 PM

Detron,

I tried the spreadsheet on my excel, and one thing I notice is if I sort by layers of tools (from smallest to highest or highest to smallest), somehow the tool name on the left(or the features on the right) didn't change after sort.  Am I missing something?

first what version of excel?  (97, 2000, XP, 2003, 07,10)

also, I recommend any sorting be done by first selecting everything, either CTRL-A, or click the box in the upper left corner that is between the row numbers and the cell numbers.

it is possible to sort a single field, and it sounds like that is what you did.  I recommend you download a fresh copy before trying again, just in case you did miss align the data.

if you need further help, let me know, I would be happy to help

spam Offline comis

• Zombie Apprentice
Reply #13 on: September 22, 2013, 07:38:07 PM

Detron,

first what version of excel?  (97, 2000, XP, 2003, 07,10)

also, I recommend any sorting be done by first selecting everything, either CTRL-A, or click the box in the upper left corner that is between the row numbers and the cell numbers.

it is possible to sort a single field, and it sounds like that is what you did.  I recommend you download a fresh copy before trying again, just in case you did miss align the data.

if you need further help, let me know, I would be happy to help

Thanks for the reply, problem solved. 

I am working with an Office 2010.

I notice even if I highlight everything or any area that contains data, the sort still wouldn't do it for me.  But if I highlight just the column of 'layers', and then use 'sort and filter' on the upper right of screen, 'expand selection', then the whole table will be sorted accordingly.

Donations

Operational Funds

Help us keep the Unworkable working!
Donate with PayPal!
April Goal: $300.00
Due Date: Apr 30
Total Receipts: $152.99
PayPal Fees: $8.68
Net Balance: $144.31
Below Goal: $155.69
Site Currency: USD
48%