Multitool.org Forum
+-

Hello Lurker! Remove this ad and much more by logging in.

Leatherman Rev/Sidekick/Wingman.

Chako · 43 · 27050

us Offline ToolJoe

• No Life Club
Re: Leatherman Rev/Sidekick/Wingman.
Reply #30 on: September 28, 2015, 05:10:10 PM
I'm tempted to give a Sidekick a shot. I think I like the idea of the saw being on the outside and locking..
I knew my wife was a keeper when she transitioned from calling it a knife thingy to a multi-tool.

I might be crazy but it's kept me from going insane- Waylon Jennings

us Offline Lynn LeFey

• Absolutely No Life Club
  • Any tool is better than nothing. Some not by much
Reply #31 on: September 29, 2015, 04:00:22 AM
I assume that the Rev, like the Wingman and Sidekick before it, will go on sale at sub $20 at Home Depot this Christmas. I might pick one up then.

I beat the smurf out of my Sidekick when testing the Les Stroud monstrosity, and I was greatly impressed with it.

One of the things I've liked about Sidekick/Wingman was the strong tool retention for the tools that don't lock. I'm not sure how I'll like the lighter retention on the Rev.

At least it has a plain edge blade.

us Offline JustinCase

Reply #32 on: October 10, 2015, 01:11:51 AM
Can I replace the Wingman combo blade with a Sidekick non-serrated blade? Just wondering since they are identical tools?
“It's not that I'm so smart, it's just that I try a little longer to solve the problem"

us Offline NetsNJ

Reply #33 on: October 10, 2015, 01:21:56 AM
Almost certainly. The sidekick blade is one of my favorites on an MT.   :salute:

us Offline Lynn LeFey

• Absolutely No Life Club
  • Any tool is better than nothing. Some not by much
Reply #34 on: October 10, 2015, 01:52:18 AM
Can I replace the Wingman combo blade with a Sidekick non-serrated blade? Just wondering since they are identical tools?

Yes. I did exactly that. It's a very simple process. :tu:

us Offline JustinCase

Reply #35 on: October 10, 2015, 07:55:13 PM
Thanks guys!...I was also thinking of replacing the Wingman 'package opener' blade with the Sidekick small serrated blade, not sure if it can be done but I will try as soon as the Sidekick arrives in the mail. I think this mode will be a better alternative to a combo blade.
“It's not that I'm so smart, it's just that I try a little longer to solve the problem"

us Offline Demel

• No Life Club
Reply #36 on: October 10, 2015, 09:18:52 PM
Thanks guys!...I was also thinking of replacing the Wingman 'package opener' blade with the Sidekick small serrated blade, not sure if it can be done but I will try as soon as the Sidekick arrives in the mail. I think this mode will be a better alternative to a combo blade.

Yes it is easy. Not the best pics but you can check it out here:

http://forum.multitool.org/index.php/topic,57331.msg1032351.html#msg1032351
"Talent is God given. Be humble. Fame is man-given. Be grateful. Conceit is self-given. Be careful." -John Wooden

us Offline JustinCase

Reply #37 on: October 10, 2015, 10:01:55 PM

Thanks for the photo, great idea! :tu:...Might as well replace the file/ruler which, by the way, I also NEVER use, with the Sidekick small serrated blade and keep the package opener.

us Offline Demel

• No Life Club
Reply #38 on: October 10, 2015, 10:03:50 PM

Thanks for the photo, great idea! :tu:...Might as well replace the file/ruler which, by the way, I also NEVER use, with the Sidekick small serrated blade and keep the package opener.
That's what I would do. If I get a good deal on a sidekick, that will be a mod I redo. Glad I can help
"Talent is God given. Be humble. Fame is man-given. Be grateful. Conceit is self-given. Be careful." -John Wooden

us Offline NetsNJ

Reply #39 on: October 10, 2015, 11:19:45 PM

Probably easier to just put the scissors on the sidekick rather than move both blades from the Sidekick to the Wingman.

us Offline Demel

• No Life Club
Reply #40 on: October 10, 2015, 11:26:49 PM

Probably easier to just put the scissors on the sidekick rather than move both blades from the Sidekick to the Wingman.
But their is also the package opener...

id Offline titohendrata

Reply #41 on: April 11, 2016, 10:18:39 AM
Please note that Rev's handles spread wider than its bigger brother due to the different pliers head design.
image omitted
Wow, and the Wingman was uncomfortably wide in my hands.  I'll pass.

A picture to show different angle between Rev & Wave's handles.
(Image removed from quote.)
I have have a Wingman, have complaint about the wide handles too. thought that Rev would be better, but oh no! ... I'm back to my Ugly SOG Pocket Power Plier  :salute: :salute: :salute:
indonesianblades #0084704015 jerzeedevil #20174
Leatherman OHT, FKMD-SOG PPP, Wenger Soldier 95, and ... some Balisongs LOL

us Offline Poncho65

• Global Moderator
  • Just Bananas
Reply #42 on: April 12, 2016, 03:47:44 AM
Well I learned something about the Rev :tu: I thought the plier head and handles were the same as on the Sidekick and Wingman but this thread has been very informative about the Rev for me :cheers: Never knew it was that much different :o I just assumed it had less tools and that was all ::) :D

I bought my nephew a Sidekick when they came out so I know a little about them and there fit and finish and I have a Wingman which I find with even the combo blade and the springy pliers that I like :tu: but I don't know anyone around here that has a Rev also thought they had the springy pliers as well. So thanks for the info Chako and everyone else that has contributed to this thread :tu:

Donations

Operational Funds

Help us keep the Unworkable working!
Donate with PayPal!
April Goal: $300.00
Due Date: Apr 30
Total Receipts: $152.99
PayPal Fees: $8.68
Net Balance: $144.31
Below Goal: $155.69
Site Currency: USD
48%