Multitool.org Forum

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length
+-

Hello Lurker! Remove this ad and much more by logging in.

Cool things made with paperclips and SAKs 1839

Full Member Posts: 182
Cool things made with paperclips and SAKs
« on: October 11, 2013, 10:07:27 PM »
What's the most interesting (useful, fun, cool) thing you ever did with a paperclip and a SAK?
No Life Club Posts: 1,432
Re: Cool things made with paperclips and SAKs
« Reply #1 on: October 12, 2013, 12:11:06 AM »
Used the sewing hole in the awl of an old tinker to shape and bend a paper clip to make a replacement throttle linkage part on a '66 Volkswagon beatle in the early 70's. I ran that bug for another few months before I spent the money on a real part at the VW dealer. Was really short of money in those days.

Don't get too serious, just enough will do.
Absolutely No Life Club Posts: 7,524 Smurf smash!
« Reply #2 on: October 12, 2013, 07:19:36 AM »
So, what you're REALLY asking is, what's the most MacGyver thing you've ever done :D

"Hoarder of weirdness,
Always posting random things,
I'm AlephZero" :ninja:
« Reply #3 on: October 12, 2013, 11:27:25 AM »

So, what you're REALLY asking is, what's the most MacGyver thing you've ever done :D

Yeah, kind of... :-)
« Reply #4 on: October 12, 2013, 11:29:03 AM »

Used the sewing hole in the awl of an old tinker to shape and bend a paper clip to make a replacement throttle linkage part on a '66 Volkswagon beatle in the early 70's. I ran that bug for another few months before I spent the money on a real part at the VW dealer. Was really short of money in those days.

I hadn't noticed we could use the sewing hole to bend wire. That's interesting and potentially useful. Thanks for sharing!
Sr. Member Posts: 462
« Reply #5 on: October 12, 2013, 09:16:43 PM »
Made a foxhole radio...used paperclips for connectors and my Spartan to strip the wires...throw in some thumb tacks, a pencil stub, a blues razor blade, some magnet wire, and a toilet paper roll, and I can listen to am radio in a power outage..

Sent from my ADR6400L using Tapatalk now Free

« Reply #6 on: October 13, 2013, 01:22:05 PM »

Made a foxhole radio...used paperclips for connectors and my Spartan to strip the wires...throw in some thumb tacks, a pencil stub, a blues razor blade, some magnet wire, and a toilet paper roll, and I can listen to am radio in a power outage..

Now that's something cool. It only takes wire and paperclips and a roll of paper? Where can I find detailed instructions to build one like that?
Sr. Member Posts: 462
« Reply #7 on: October 13, 2013, 03:33:10 PM »

Now that's something cool. It only takes wire and paperclips and a roll of paper? Where can I find detailed instructions to build one like that?

Don't forget pencil and razor blade...

Just search YouTube for foxhole radio...

« Reply #8 on: October 13, 2013, 04:10:28 PM »

Don't forget pencil and razor blade...

Just search YouTube for foxhole radio...

I'll take a look :-)
Zombie Apprentice Posts: 19,618 Oxygen and magnesium toghether?! OMg!
« Reply #9 on: October 15, 2013, 07:33:44 PM »

I don't have OCD, I have OCDEFGHIJKLMNOPQRSTUVWXYZ.

Eff the ineffable, scrut the inscrutable.

IYCRTYSWTMTFOT

« Reply #10 on: November 08, 2013, 11:39:57 PM »
I used a paperclip and duct tape to add a cable organizer to my desk. I needed something to stop the charger cable of my Mac to fall behind the desk all the time... I used a Leatherman Style PS' pliers to bend the paperclip and its scissors to cut the tape.

I tried to make it in a way that allows to pass the cable if I need it, but that has little probability of letting it fall through. I think the tape I used isn't strong enough and probably I will need to add something that sticks a little better.
« Reply #11 on: November 08, 2013, 11:43:00 PM »
Oops! Wrong thread. I intended to post this in another forum... I must say, though, that I really prefer the scissors in Victorinox Minichamp over the ones in this Leatherman Style PS...
Hero Member Posts: 849 The Yellow One
« Reply #12 on: November 09, 2013, 12:12:40 AM »
My use of paperclips in combination with SAKs is only for show off purposes. :D

Say my name.

Donations

Operational Funds

Help us keep the Unworkable working!
Donate with PayPal!
April Goal: $300.00
Due Date: Apr 30
Total Receipts: $138.70