Multitool.org Forum
+-

Hello Lurker! Remove this ad and much more by logging in.

One Hand Master (RT)

us Offline sticktodrum

• Kershaws, Zebralights, SAKs, and Leather Men.
One Hand Master (RT)
on: November 03, 2013, 02:14:12 PM
As far as I know, the One Hand Master was only made for the Road Tour collection, so it isn't a standard model. I could be wrong...

I was interested in this thing after picking up a couple of the Swisstool Spirit RTs, and couldn't find any reviews or much media on it in terms of video or photos. There are a few, and I figure the impressions of it would be that of an OHT but with a file instead of saw.

Either way, it's worth asking if any of you gents had one, or had any thoughts/experience with the OHM you'd like to share. It's not particularly expensive, but I don't want to buy one if I'm going to hate it.

Cheers folks!  :cheers:
"If you put Bacardi in my glass again and try to tell me it's rum, I will burn this bar to the ground!"

-A paraphrase of something I read, to which I related strongly.

us Offline Monrogue

• Absolute Zombie Club
  • Wooooo!
Re: One Hand Master (RT)
Reply #1 on: November 04, 2013, 03:18:13 AM
This is funny since I just got one recently :)  I don't think it's very common though as I've never heard anything about it from anyone here, so it's cool someone else is showing interest in it.  It's very cool, and I like it more than I thought I would.  The blade is super sharp.  I prefer the file to the saw as I find the file to be more potentially useful to me overall. 

However, all of my multitools have a file, but not all have a saw, so it doesn't always fit with what I carry (if I'm concerning myself with redundancy).  Also, I'm not a fan of T-handle Phillips, but it does have the can opener tip to work for that.  I'm thinking the OHForester may fit better as a compliment to some of my multitools since it has a saw.  Also has a corkscrew, but I don't think I'd find that any more useful than the Phillips.  I also like the red/black colored scales. 

Anyway, the main thing comes down to whether you'd like a saw or file, and if the file is more your thing (like me) then you can't go wrong with the OHMasterRT :tu:  I almost wanted to start a OHMasterRT owner's club here, but since I figured nobody had one, I didn't bother.  If you get one, let me know, then we can start a club and be the cool ones ;)  Here's something to look at to make you want one ;)

K-Tibbs

us Offline Monrogue

• Absolute Zombie Club
  • Wooooo!
Reply #2 on: November 08, 2013, 04:38:43 AM
Hey, just curious if you ended up getting the OHMRT, or if you got another variety of Vic's OHO knives :pok: :D
K-Tibbs

us Offline Marius

• No Life Club
Reply #3 on: November 08, 2013, 05:05:22 AM
Here's mine. I don't care too much about the nice LASER imprint on the blade (although I like it) as I do about the fat stainless steel metal saw and file and the cool urban grey color. I also like its smaller brother.
043_2592.JPG
* 043_2592.JPG (Filesize: 100.47 KB)
043_2596.JPG
* 043_2596.JPG (Filesize: 117.24 KB)
043_2598.JPG
* 043_2598.JPG (Filesize: 121.06 KB)
043_5767.JPG
* 043_5767.JPG (Filesize: 116.4 KB)

us Offline Monrogue

• Absolute Zombie Club
  • Wooooo!
Reply #4 on: November 08, 2013, 05:44:57 AM
Nice Marius-it's cool to see that someone else here owns one :tu:.  I was beginning to think I was alone.  What's the OHMRT's little brother?
K-Tibbs

us Offline Marius

• No Life Club
Reply #5 on: November 08, 2013, 02:01:35 PM
Here's the little brother, the RT Climber

:cheers:
057_8530.JPG
* 057_8530.JPG (Filesize: 49.33 KB)
057_8537.JPG
* 057_8537.JPG (Filesize: 33.13 KB)

us Offline Monrogue

• Absolute Zombie Club
  • Wooooo!
Reply #6 on: November 08, 2013, 03:10:57 PM
Oh I like that Climber :tu:  How do you like the OHMasterRT? 
K-Tibbs

us Offline Marius

• No Life Club
Reply #7 on: November 08, 2013, 06:29:56 PM
Yup. It's the Soldier for the urban world, grey instead of green and equipped to cut metal instead of wood. I like its DD scale color combo, gray and black. It's a cool SAK and among the DD OH ones one of the best IMO. I would like it even more in Locksmith combination but it is excellent as it is.

us Offline sticktodrum

• Kershaws, Zebralights, SAKs, and Leather Men.
Reply #8 on: November 08, 2013, 07:07:12 PM
I actually didn't pick one up yet, but I likely will next week. I've been enjoying my Spirit RT, but now that is going to Vic so that they can fix the loose plier head. Couldn't deal with it.

I was looking at all the OH stuff, and the Master is first on that list. After that, the OHT in non-serrated, and then..um...something else.  :think:
"If you put Bacardi in my glass again and try to tell me it's rum, I will burn this bar to the ground!"

-A paraphrase of something I read, to which I related strongly.

us Offline Monrogue

• Absolute Zombie Club
  • Wooooo!
Reply #9 on: November 08, 2013, 08:13:57 PM
Yup. It's the Soldier for the urban world, grey instead of green and equipped to cut metal instead of wood. I like its DD scale color combo, gray and black. It's a cool SAK and among the DD OH ones one of the best IMO. I would like it even more in Locksmith combination but it is excellent as it is.

That it is.  It is a nice one, and I wish it fit better into my normal EDC lineup.  I can come up with a combo for it, but it would only end up carried once every few weeks.  I would actually not mind carrying it every day as it's a nice OHO knife with some good extra features :tu:

I actually didn't pick one up yet, but I likely will next week. I've been enjoying my Spirit RT, but now that is going to Vic so that they can fix the loose plier head. Couldn't deal with it.

I was looking at all the OH stuff, and the Master is first on that list. After that, the OHT in non-serrated, and then..um...something else.  :think:

Oh yes, the Spirit RT.  She's a beauty.  Too bad you had to send it back, but I understand as something like that would bug me as well.  I would have liked the OHMasterRT's blade to be non-serrated for easier sharpening, but this blade is very sharp, and likely will remain so for a long time (at least for my limited usage). 
K-Tibbs

us Offline stressmaster5000

• No Life Club
  • No PM's - just email please
Reply #10 on: November 08, 2013, 08:42:12 PM
I love mine and so much so that I bought one for my nephew too! The liner lock and the partial serrations are no bother to me but some have a problem with that.

http://sakfan.blogspot.com/2013/04/victorinox-one-hand-master-rtroad-tour.html

us Offline Monrogue

• Absolute Zombie Club
  • Wooooo!
Reply #11 on: November 08, 2013, 08:54:01 PM
Ah, another one :D  I wonder how many of us on MTO own the OHMasterRT? 
K-Tibbs

us Offline Monrogue

• Absolute Zombie Club
  • Wooooo!
Reply #12 on: November 09, 2013, 05:59:13 AM
Yup. It's the Soldier for the urban world, grey instead of green and equipped to cut metal instead of wood. I like its DD scale color combo, gray and black. It's a cool SAK and among the DD OH ones one of the best IMO. I would like it even more in Locksmith combination but it is excellent as it is. :cheers:

I just looked up the Locksmith on the SAKWiki, and that's what I want as well.  I actually recently asked if anyone modded the 111mm Vics so I could have the saw added at some point.  Then it would be the best of both worlds :)
K-Tibbs

nl Offline Reinier

• Zombie Apprentice
  • \o/
Reply #13 on: November 09, 2013, 08:12:08 AM

Here's mine:

I like the color of the scales and it was my first SAK with the stainless steel metal saw.
You should seriously visit vicfan.com. All the hoopy froods are doing it.

us Offline condcup

Reply #14 on: November 09, 2013, 08:49:42 AM
Here's the little brother, the RT Climber

Marius,

Did you know there's also the RT Spartan, any pics for him please. :pok:

nl Offline Reinier

• Zombie Apprentice
  • \o/
Reply #15 on: November 09, 2013, 09:04:08 AM
Zag has one: http://forum.multitool.org/swiss-forum/victorinox-on-the-road-tour-london!-29-7-10/msg401444/#msg401444
http://forum.multitool.org/swiss-forum/victorinox-on-the-road-tour-london!-29-7-10/msg401444/#msg401444

Hmm, the new friendly URLs don't work very well when there's an exclamation mark in the thread title.
« Last Edit: November 09, 2013, 09:07:33 AM by Reinier »
You should seriously visit vicfan.com. All the hoopy froods are doing it.

us Offline condcup

Reply #16 on: November 09, 2013, 09:43:45 AM

Zag has one: http://forum.multitool.org/swiss-forum/victorinox-on-the-road-tour-london!-29-7-10/msg401444/#msg401444
http://forum.multitool.org/swiss-forum/victorinox-on-the-road-tour-london!-29-7-10/msg401444/#msg401444

Hmm, the new friendly URLs don't work very well when there's an exclamation mark in the thread title.

Nice, thanks for the link buddy. Here's another link with more pics, I guess this one is very limited.

http://www.bladeforums.com/forums/showthread.php/768024-Traveller-s-Gear-8-)?p=8818766#post8818766

us Offline Monrogue

• Absolute Zombie Club
  • Wooooo!
Reply #17 on: November 10, 2013, 04:39:37 AM

Here's mine:

(Image removed from quote.)

I like the color of the scales and it was my first SAK with the stainless steel metal saw.

Nice one Reinier :tu:
K-Tibbs

Donations

Operational Funds

Help us keep the Unworkable working!
Donate with PayPal!
April Goal: $300.00
Due Date: Apr 30
Total Receipts: $152.99
PayPal Fees: $8.68
Net Balance: $144.31
Below Goal: $155.69