Multitool.org Forum
+-

Hello Lurker! Remove this ad and much more by logging in.

English Muffins - American Muffins

scotland Offline Gareth

• Admin Team
  • Point Of No Return
Re: English Muffins - American Muffins
Reply #60 on: November 26, 2013, 08:20:54 AM
That still has to be one of my favourite set-pieces from Red Dwarf. :rofl:
Be excellent to each other and always know where your towel is.

no Offline Grathr

• Absolutely No Life Club
Reply #61 on: November 26, 2013, 08:18:42 PM
Medic82 I assumed that is what you meant. But just thought I would check.  :salute:

does Norway have an equivalent to Marmite that is a "bit love it or hate it"? (maybe involving pickled rotting herrings for a guess?)  :drool:

We have leverpostei, wich is made from porkliver and pork fat and sold in small yellow tins with a picture of a small boy or girl on the back. It is very popular ammong kids, but foreigners dont like it much. Eaten spread on bread.

We have pickeled herring in a variety of sauces,  wich you either hate or love.

And then there is mackrell in tomato, wich is just that. A mackrell filet it tomato sauce in a tin. Very popular spread on bread.  :D
-Knívleysur maður er lívleysur maður.
 "A Knifeless man is a lifeless man" old Faroese proverb.

england Offline Metal Mickey

Reply #62 on: November 26, 2013, 09:09:02 PM
Medic82 I assumed that is what you meant. But just thought I would check.  :salute:

does Norway have an equivalent to Marmite that is a "bit love it or hate it"? (maybe involving pickled rotting herrings for a guess?)  :drool:

We have leverpostei, wich is made from porkliver and pork fat and sold in small yellow tins with a picture of a small boy or girl on the back. It is very popular ammong kids, but foreigners dont like it much. Eaten spread on bread.

And then there is mackrell in tomato, wich is just that. A mackrell filet it tomato sauce in a tin. Very popular spread on bread.  :D

Assuming it is similar to what we buy in the UK.. I love mackeral fillet in tomato sauce, mashed up in the tin a bit with a fork and then put on toast  :tu:

no Offline Grathr

Reply #63 on: November 26, 2013, 09:15:18 PM

Assuming it is similar to what we buy in the UK.. I love mackeral fillet in tomato sauce, mashed up in the tin a bit with a fork and then put on toast  :tu:

It sounds like the same product. A popular nickname for it here is "plane crash in a tin".  ;)
-Knívleysur maður er lívleysur maður.
 "A Knifeless man is a lifeless man" old Faroese proverb.

ca Offline jzmtl

Reply #64 on: November 26, 2013, 09:43:03 PM
That scene from Will&Grace has forever ruined what I think of English muffin.

Karen: Nice outfit for a funeral. If that dress were any shorter, I could see your English muffin.
Lorraine: I wouldn't talk. If that dress were any lower, I could see your Yankee Doodles.

us Offline captain spaulding

• Absolute Zombie Club
  • What's the matter, kid? Don't ya like clowns?
Reply #65 on: November 26, 2013, 09:44:23 PM
That scene from Will&Grace has forever ruined what I think of English muffin.

Karen: Nice outfit for a funeral. If that dress were any shorter, I could see your English muffin.
Lorraine: I wouldn't talk. If that dress were any lower, I could see your Yankee Doodles.

:rofl:
I'm the milk man!

Donations

Operational Funds

Help us keep the Unworkable working!
Donate with PayPal!
April Goal: $300.00
Due Date: Apr 30
Total Receipts: $158.99
PayPal Fees: $9.20
Net Balance: $149.79
Below Goal: $150.21