Multitool.org Forum
+-

Hello Lurker! Remove this ad and much more by logging in.

Supertimer clock help needed

us Offline ITGeek

Supertimer clock help needed
on: December 01, 2013, 01:16:25 AM
I purchased a Supertimer from eBay, that the seller said probably needed a new battery.  Unfortunately after replacing the battery and checking the battery contacts the clock is not working.

Are there any other user accessible fixes I can try to get it working? Also stupid question, Should the clock tick?

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

us Offline ICanFixThat

• No Life Club
Re: Supertimer clock help needed
Reply #1 on: December 01, 2013, 02:46:04 AM
No 'Ticking'; I don't think there is much to try if you tried the correct battery and inserted it in the correct direction, and made sure the contacts were OK.  I would be sure not to insert the battery in reverse the cheap mechanism may not be able to handle that.  Good luck!

be Offline jeroen.thys.37

Reply #2 on: December 02, 2013, 06:35:09 PM
I grabbed two Timekeepers out the Display cabinet and changed the batteries since they were still the original ones. This might be a golden rule I like to give away but often use... Never leave batteries in a Victorinox knife if you put it away for a long time. Sometimes batteries do leak and corrode the contacts. This might be the case with your clock. Trie to scratch (gentle) with the mini screwdriver on the contacts, just to be sure there isn't any dirt or corrosion on it. Another thing is that I do hear my clocks tick. Not as loud as the one in your kitchen/livingroom, but you can hear it very clear... I hope this helps... If not, maybe someone can help you with a donor-clock, even one with a cracked window works since these are replaceable...  :tu:

us Offline ducttapetech

• Zombie Apprentice
  • Whiskey Tango Foxtrot, over.
Reply #3 on: December 02, 2013, 06:38:05 PM
Does Vic still cover those? If they do, just send it in.

sent from Nate's mobile

Nate

SEND IT!

us Offline GigaHz

• No Life Club
Reply #4 on: December 02, 2013, 06:48:07 PM
Sometimes you can jerk it or tap it to get it started again.

us Offline ITGeek

Reply #5 on: December 03, 2013, 03:37:50 AM
No luck with cleaning the contacts or giving a tap. I'll keep my eyes open for any other clocks available.

Thanks for the ideas, worst case I figure I end up replacing the scales and have a super champ.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

00 Offline Fattsgalore

Reply #6 on: December 03, 2013, 07:23:01 AM
I've never dealt with a SAK with analog clock, but I've owned many with electronic scales.
The material they use for the terminal in electronic scaled Vic's is soft and over time flexes. When the LED or even the LCD display on my SAK have prematurely gone out when all hope was lost and I thought they were destined for a junk drawer simply bending the terminal was enough to return positive contact to the battery and bring them back to life...

Hope this helps.

Donations

Operational Funds

Help us keep the Unworkable working!
Donate with PayPal!
May Goal: $300.00
Due Date: May 31
Total Receipts: $0.00
PayPal Fees: $0.00
Net Balance: $0.00
Below Goal: $300.00
Site Currency: USD