Multitool.org Forum
+-

Hello Lurker! Remove this ad and much more by logging in.

Advice .

Offline Styerman

• No Life Club
Advice .
on: December 19, 2013, 07:07:43 PM
I recently lost my Handyman , I feel gutted , hope it turns up again .

In the meantime , I'm looking to get a Swisschamp , a Cybertool 41, or an XVT . I plan to retrofit whatever I get with Staglow scales , weight is all to the good , as it'll help me sence when the tool is missing .

Chris

gb Offline Magic Bus

• No Life Club
  • Ruler of the E01 society!!
Re: Advice .
Reply #1 on: December 19, 2013, 07:20:11 PM
I admit to being biased Chris but I'd say Swisschamp. I have two I love 'em so much  :)
Gabba gabba hey!!

gb Offline Cupboard

• No Life Club
Reply #2 on: December 19, 2013, 07:35:02 PM
Do you want a [fish scaler and Phillips] or a [bit driver]?

I really like the CT bit driver so I'd go for that but YMMV. I'd discount the large Swisschamps on account of their size. Well, really I discount the Swisschamp itself because it's so fat but there.

scotland Offline Gareth

• Admin Team
  • Point Of No Return
Reply #3 on: December 19, 2013, 07:45:18 PM
I do think everyone should own a SwissChamp.  Another one I'd think about would be the Champion Plus if it's still available.  Depends if you use the pliers or not.
Be excellent to each other and always know where your towel is.

00 Offline kirk13

• Admin Team
  • Zombie Apprentice
Reply #4 on: December 19, 2013, 08:34:45 PM
SwissChamp or a Champion Plus. They are just so versatile
There is no beginning,or ending,and for this we are thankful,cos now is hard enough to understand!

us Offline kmanct3

• No Life Club
Reply #5 on: December 19, 2013, 08:46:40 PM
Swiss Champ :tu:

us Offline detron

• Absolutely No Life Club
  • Tool Carrying Linux User
Reply #6 on: December 19, 2013, 08:53:40 PM
as an IT type the CT41 is great,  however, I love the mag glass.

to me CT41 and SwissChamp are neck and neck.

I would LOVE the XVT,  but the cost is crazy
If I can help, let me know 

00 Offline Fattsgalore

Reply #7 on: December 19, 2013, 10:01:51 PM
The Cybertool's bit driver gives you reach. Something lacking in most of the Vic drivers.
So my Vote is Cybertool...as well as keeping the porch light on so the Handyman can find it's way home.

Offline Styerman

• No Life Club
Reply #8 on: December 20, 2013, 12:19:31 AM
In the absence of the Handyman , I'm wearing my Spirit X , which had been relegated to my bag . The Handyman/Monroe dangler combo was near perfect . I would like a magnifier ( being an old fart ) , the driver is also a bonus .

Chris

se Offline williu

Reply #9 on: December 20, 2013, 12:26:20 AM
Check out this thread I recently created, for different views regarding Swisschamp vs CyberTool 41 :D

http://forum.multitool.org/swiss-forum/ultimate-swisschamp-vs-cybertool-41-thread/

I would say that the CyberTool 41 is more practical thanks to the bit driver, but at the same time... as someone already mentioned, everyone should own a SwissChamp :climber:

us Offline Aloha

• Global Moderator
  • Point Of No Return
Reply #10 on: December 20, 2013, 12:54:48 AM
I usually have my Explorer on me but that's mostly out of habit it think.  On my off days I have been preferring to carry my Swisschamp and while I recently got a Wenger Tradesman it's missing the mag glass.  I don't have a CT41 but that too is missing the mag glass.  I'll put a vote in for the Swisschamp as it seems to have all the tools your handyman had plus some nice extras you may find useful.  Sorry to hear about the missing tool I sure do hope it shows up.   
Esse Quam Videri

gb Offline Spatha

• d---^__^---b
Reply #11 on: December 20, 2013, 03:18:13 AM
I've been considering this conundrum for about half an hour now and I've decided that I can't come up with a definitive answer.  :-\  They are both great tools.  I find the magnifying glass very useful and I'd miss not having it.  The bit driver is very well designed but only has a limited set of bits included.  Myself, I would choose the SwissChamp and maybe carry a ratchet driver with bits in another pocket or my bag.

no Offline Medic82

• No Life Club
  • You will not laugh! You will not cry!
Reply #12 on: December 20, 2013, 03:29:55 AM
Buy all 3
There is no problem that cannot be solved by the use of high explosives.

Offline Styerman

• No Life Club
Reply #13 on: December 22, 2013, 03:31:40 AM
My Handyman came back from it's holiday with the dust bunnies ! I was looking for a shank( lockpicking tool , not weapon ) , was unable to find the shank , but found the much more valuable Handyman .

I still want a Cybertool 41 , but at least I now have a big SAK in my pockets again .

BTW , whats the magnification on the Swisschamp ? I usually EDC a 3X B&L magnifier anyway , this tilts the balance more towards the Cybertool , unless the magnifier is a lot more powerfull .

Chris
« Last Edit: December 22, 2013, 03:34:40 AM by Styerman »

us Offline Monrogue

• Absolute Zombie Club
  • Wooooo!
Reply #14 on: December 22, 2013, 03:45:59 AM
Glad to hear your Handyman resurfaced :tu:  I believe the magnification on the current mag glasses is 5x, but anyone correct me if I'm wrong.
K-Tibbs

us Offline Marius

• No Life Club
Reply #15 on: December 22, 2013, 04:36:02 AM
Cool!

Just so happens that from the current 91 mm line what I personally like the most are exactly the Handyman and its Craftsman relative. Used to the the SwissChamp for me until the ugly and fragile new magnifying glass arrived.

us Offline Tabasco

Reply #16 on: December 22, 2013, 04:43:23 PM
My favorite mod and carry is still a Champion and CyberTool combined. This mod is the equivalent size and width of a SwissChamp.

Yeah, you right...

us Offline Singh

• No Life Club
Reply #17 on: December 22, 2013, 07:36:52 PM
Cool!

Just so happens that from the current 91 mm line what I personally like the most are exactly the Handyman and its Craftsman relative.

Agreed.

The Handyman is mighty fine SAK. It has the same tool compliment as a  Vic Spirit, but at  3/4 the weight.

Donations

Operational Funds

Help us keep the Unworkable working!
Donate with PayPal!
April Goal: $300.00
Due Date: Apr 30
Total Receipts: $168.99
PayPal Fees: $9.87
Net Balance: $159.12
Below Goal: $140.88
Site Currency: USD
53%