Multitool.org Forum
+-

Hello Lurker! Remove this ad and much more by logging in.

Collection going up for sale

us Offline bren10man

Collection going up for sale
on: December 22, 2013, 06:10:32 PM
Folks:

I am pulling out of collecting SAKs for the most part.

I will be putting up a list shortly.

Some are VERY RARE: First Mate NIB, Space Shuttle Master Craftsman, Mauser, Super Time Keeper, Woodsman, Grand Prix (sold as a set only), 125th set, 1984 set, 1991 commemorative, you get the drift.

Why am I doing this?

I like SAKs.  However, I have other interests (firearms).  I never intended this to get out of control.  But, when your primary hobby is not allowed in Korea, and life hits, it is time to do what you have to do.

I am going to keep a few pieces for me. 

If you have any questions about what I have, let me know.

Again, the list will be going up soon.  It took me 2 days (8 hours total) to do the Excell spreadsheet.

Prices: some are going to demand TOP DOLLAR (i.e. First Mate, Swiss Flame, Space Shuttle).  This is an investment, and I will be cashing in on it.  You would, too.

Keep your eyes peeled and your wallet ready!!!

NOTE: I have no idea about oversea shipping (prices, regs, etc).  I have never done that before.  Be patient.
MOLON LABE!

us Offline sawman

• Absolutely No Life Club
  • You're amongst friends.
Re: Collection going up for sale
Reply #1 on: December 22, 2013, 06:17:07 PM
 :popcorn:
SAW

scotland Offline gardenvalley

Reply #2 on: December 22, 2013, 07:09:58 PM
If there are as many as you say then I suggest only selling a few at a time otherwise it could become a logistical nightmare. I once did a mass sale on the Bay prior to a house move and at one point I was overwhelmed with the amount of packing, addressing and going to the Post Office which was involved but it
Thi`s signature contain`s no superfluou`s apostrophe`s

es Offline microbe

• No Life Club
  • Yersinia Pestis & Campylobacter Jejuni!
Reply #3 on: December 22, 2013, 07:11:05 PM
:popcorn:

:popcorn:  :popcorn: Rare black Alox by any chance?
Once you go black you never go back
@blackdiamonds_42

scotland Offline gardenvalley

Reply #4 on: December 22, 2013, 07:11:28 PM
Oops! Don`t what happened there but you get the idea :)
Thi`s signature contain`s no superfluou`s apostrophe`s

be Offline Herman

Reply #5 on: December 22, 2013, 08:29:40 PM
:popcorn:  :popcorn: :popcorn:

us Offline pipedreams

• Improvisational Engineer
Reply #6 on: December 22, 2013, 08:56:47 PM
Don't do it!  You'll regret it in the future. I've been there.
-Todd

Every moment is an adventure. Are you equipped?

00 Offline Fattsgalore

Reply #7 on: December 22, 2013, 08:59:13 PM
Anything less rare and more beat up?
Like'em used and a little dirty... Part of the hobby.

be Offline Herman

Reply #8 on: December 22, 2013, 09:04:36 PM
Maybe the question is: is it a good time (of year) to sell?

gb Offline tosh

• No Life Club
Reply #9 on: December 22, 2013, 09:14:43 PM

I'll echo that!!

My enthusiasm isn't quite what it once was, partly because I have most of what I wanted......ahem :facepalm:

However, regret is a painful agony. I'll never sell mine, rather shove 'em in a box in the attic.
If in 5yrs you still feel the same, then reconsider, not only will you be more sure, they'll then be worth far far more  :drool:
I don't claim to know it all, but what I do know is right.

es Offline microbe

• No Life Club
Reply #10 on: December 22, 2013, 09:27:21 PM

I'll echo that!!

My enthusiasm isn't quite what it once was, partly because I have most of what I wanted......ahem :facepalm:

However, regret is a painful agony. I'll never sell mine, rather shove 'em in a box in the attic.
If in 5yrs you still feel the same, then reconsider, not only will you be more sure, they'll then be worth far far more  :drool:

Hmm. Many folks do that. They keep their stuff put away. Then, after a considerable amount of time, the bargain hunters will buy your lot for $500 and sell it for 10 grand. I have seen that on TV.
@blackdiamonds_42

gb Offline tosh

• No Life Club
Reply #11 on: December 22, 2013, 10:16:23 PM

I'll echo that!!

Hmm. Many folks do that. They keep their stuff put away. Then, after a considerable amount of time, the bargain hunters will buy your lot for $500 and sell it for 10 grand. I have seen that on TV.

That could be true, except that I intend to catalogue the entire collection in detail to ensure that is not the case.
The fun for me has been the collecting. It's quite unique that one witnesses the rise and fall.
The multitools that began back in the late 80's early 90's - the legendary names such as Shrade, Buck, Bear Jaws, Coleman, SOG, and now Wenger will NEVER return. All gone or gone overseas.
Although we may dismiss them, future collectors will want them.
It won't be me and hopefully not my son, and who knows not even his son that see's the investment grow.

But like I said, to me the fun was being here, amongst the banter, the chase, the score, the pride!!
I don't claim to know it all, but what I do know is right.

us Offline sticktodrum

• Kershaws, Zebralights, SAKs, and Leather Men.
Reply #12 on: December 22, 2013, 10:34:01 PM
That's brilliant... I wish I had started sooner...
"If you put Bacardi in my glass again and try to tell me it's rum, I will burn this bar to the ground!"

-A paraphrase of something I read, to which I related strongly.

es Offline microbe

• No Life Club
Reply #13 on: December 22, 2013, 10:39:00 PM

I'll echo that!!

That could be true, except that I intend to catalogue the entire collection in detail to ensure that is not the case.
The fun for me has been the collecting. It's quite unique that one witnesses the rise and fall.
The multitools that began back in the late 80's early 90's - the legendary names such as Shrade, Buck, Bear Jaws, Coleman, SOG, and now Wenger will NEVER return. All gone or gone overseas.
Although we may dismiss them, future collectors will want them.
It won't be me and hopefully not my son, and who knows not even his son that see's the investment grow.

But like I said, to me the fun was being here, amongst the banter, the chase, the score, the pride!!

Sounds like a plan!
@blackdiamonds_42

us Offline n4vgm

Reply #14 on: December 23, 2013, 01:48:49 AM
Though many of us will be spectators only, we'll see and learn along the way. Best of success!

au Offline Huntsman

• Global Moderator
  • No Life Club
Reply #15 on: December 23, 2013, 03:35:08 AM
Hiya

Sounds like a great collection and a nice project - if not a little sad to part company

Will you sell them via here - Or on the Bay??

Will you be letting us know a username and dates if ebay??

Thanks

us Offline bren10man

Reply #16 on: December 23, 2013, 07:04:05 AM
1. I prefer to sell them here to other collectors.  Those that do not get sold here  I will E-bay them.

2. Most are NIB, some are NIB-OS.  Others are excellent.

3. Some will be sold in sets.  No compromise on this.  Reason: they belong together as a set.

I am NOT going to sell lump sum the entire release to 1 person.  That is not fair to other collectors out there. 

4. No regrets.  I am keeping the ones that I like the most.  The others will be gone.

Reason: see 5 below------

5. For those that DO NOT LIVE in the USA or are caught behind enemy lines in a People's Republik State (such as Kalifornia or New York or Maryland or Illinois or New Jersey): my primary hobby is firearms.  I took up the SAK bug when I discovered that Victorinox shop in Namdaemun Market in downtown Seoul, South Korea.  So, I needed something to keep me going while living in a gun-banned country (it suxed, badly, LONG 3 years, and upon return back to the USA went on gun-buying shopping sprees).  So, absolutely 100% no regrets.  I REGRET I didn't buy and stock up more ammunition (i.e. .22 Long Rifle when it was $15 a brick of 500, now over $100 for a brick of 500). 

6. I DO NOT HAVE black Alox.  I have some red, some silver alox.  You will see.

7. It is a mix of 2-layer up to the Swiss Champ size. 

8. List will be released soon.  I have 98 SAKs to decide what will go.  I have to make pics and the like....so be patient.  I will not release what is going to be released until pics are made so that what you see is what you get.

9. For those outside CONUS (foreign countries): I need to see first how to get items to you. 

Some folks are going to be pleased, I think.
« Last Edit: December 23, 2013, 07:10:44 AM by bren10man »
MOLON LABE!

00 Offline papercut

• No Life Club
Reply #17 on: December 23, 2013, 07:41:41 AM
Dibs on any busted red alox. Also,

Go Dawgs!
Lurking with a large collection of sharp knives!

ca Offline Chako

• Absolute Zombie Club
  • Armed with camera and not afraid to use it.
Reply #18 on: December 23, 2013, 10:46:57 AM
Well I am sorry to hear you are selling your collection, however I will always associate you with this...

:salute:

I will keep watching this thread bren10man.
A little Leatherman information.

Leatherman series articles

us Offline bren10man

Reply #19 on: December 24, 2013, 09:18:26 AM
Well I am sorry to hear you are selling your collection, however I will always associate you with this...

:salute:

I will keep watching this thread bren10man.

The Wenger STG-90 SAK that I have is NOT going to be for sale.

One day, maybe, I will get one of those SIG-550-type rifles (or the "pistol" version) and will need the STG-90 SAK in order to adjust the rear and front sights.   I saw the pistol version last year for sale, and got a VERY GOOD LOOK at the sights, and have a pretty good idea how to use the Wenger SAK.
MOLON LABE!

us Offline bren10man

Reply #20 on: December 24, 2013, 09:28:15 AM
Dibs on any busted red alox. Also,

Go Dawgs!

None of my SAKs are broken. 

To others that have asked via numerous PMs:

1. I have maybe 1 or 2 classics for sale.  None alox.  Nothing out of the ordinary.

2. Alox for sale are Pioneers and First Mates (expect to pay top dollar for the First Mates, both are NIB) and a Soldier or two.  I am keeping the Farmer and maybe one Pioneer.  I was never a big Alox fan. 

3. Again, several will be sold as a set only, i.e. commemorative sets or a set of a series (from early to latest or last version).  I searched high and low to complete some of the sets, and I won't break them up.

4. 97% to be sold are Victorinox.  I have a few, 2-3 that are Wenger.  I am keeping my Cigar cutter deluxe Wenger (I have a humidor full of Cuban Cohiba Cigars from the cigar shop where I bought the knife at...and it gets put to use every now and then...I am HOPING if Gus Malzahn, Tre Mason, Nick Marshall, Dee Ford, Chris Davis, and the rest of the 2013 Auburn Tigers do their job at the BCS National Championship Game, I will be lighting one up at Toomer's Corner in Auburn, AL Monday night, 6 January 2014).  TBH, Wenger never impressed me all that much, hence why so few.

Christmas Eve and Christmas I will be going through the collection (no work that day, just family time), evaluate the going rates of certain ones, take pics, and hopefully have items for sale by that night.   Stay tuned!!!
MOLON LABE!

ca Offline Chako

• Absolute Zombie Club
  • Armed with camera and not afraid to use it.
Reply #21 on: December 24, 2013, 02:58:59 PM
Well I am happy to hear you are not selling it. That would be almost sacrilegious.  :tu:
A little Leatherman information.

Leatherman series articles

us Offline kmanct3

• No Life Club
Reply #22 on: December 26, 2013, 12:27:08 AM
I would love that Woodsman, PM me and Ill buy right now,

us Offline bren10man

Reply #23 on: December 26, 2013, 06:40:36 AM
I just posted items for sale in the Multitools for Sale thread site.

These are the ones I am willing to part with for the time being.....I do not want to do something I might regret later!!!

« Last Edit: December 26, 2013, 06:42:48 AM by bren10man »
MOLON LABE!

us Offline bren10man

Reply #24 on: December 26, 2013, 06:44:04 AM
I would love that Woodsman, PM me and Ill buy right now,

All SAKs I am willing to part with for the time being are up for sale.  Does NOT include the 2x Woodsman I have. 
MOLON LABE!

us Offline kmanct3

• No Life Club
Reply #25 on: December 26, 2013, 07:16:44 AM
That's cool, I wouldn't either !! :)

us Offline bren10man

Reply #26 on: December 26, 2013, 07:23:19 PM
I just posted Lot #2.
MOLON LABE!

Donations