Multitool.org Forum
+-

Hello Lurker! Remove this ad and much more by logging in.

Unusual multi-tool...........

Ray S · 12 · 1838

Offline Ray S

• No Life Club
Unusual multi-tool...........
on: January 07, 2014, 07:36:37 AM
Picked this up a couple years ago at a flea market.Only markings on it are the tang of the master blade which says,"Stainless Steel".Looks to be possibly German rather than Japanese or Chinese.Blades consist of a spear point master blade;a fish scaler/hook disgorger with scale graduated in centimeters;can opener and cap lifter/screwdriver blades very similar to Swiss Army Knife tools;a small compartment that holds fish hooks and a length of line;a magnifying lens that is connected to the battery box lid;a flashlight;and a compass that also uses a sighting tool that pops up.Oh and I almost forgot;there is an emergency whistle built into one end.
Just an unusual piece I thought the members would get a kick out of seeing.Sorry for the picture quality;I think my camera is on a downhill slide.
UnusualMultiBlades1 003.jpg
* UnusualMultiBlades1 003.jpg (Filesize: 63.17 KB)
UnusualMultiBlades1 004.jpg
* UnusualMultiBlades1 004.jpg (Filesize: 58.85 KB)

cy Offline dks

• Absolute Zombie Club
  • Bored
Re: Unusual multi-tool...........
Reply #1 on: January 07, 2014, 08:19:52 AM
Very interesting  :D

All I can say is that the tools look similar to the ones you find on Chinese made multitools, SAK type knives. (the fish scaler and the can opener especially)

Thank you for sharing.
« Last Edit: January 07, 2014, 08:22:11 AM by dks »
Kelly: "Daddy, what makes men cheat on women?
Al : "Women!"

[ Knife threads ]  [ Country shopping guides ]  [ Battery-Charger-Light threads ]  [ Picture threads ]

Offline koenfm

• New User
Reply #2 on: January 07, 2014, 08:33:30 AM
I had this as a kid. It was marketed as a survival-knife and even contained a fishing kit in a little drawer, and a monocular.
Funny to see it again.
« Last Edit: January 07, 2014, 08:35:03 AM by koenfm »

nl Offline bmot

• No Life Club
  • Don't judge a tool by it's brand
Reply #3 on: January 07, 2014, 07:47:48 PM
 :ahhh

I just realised -this- was my first MT ever.... Got it when I was 8 or something I think...

:D :D
A knife-carrying guide for the international traveller. : http://forum.multitool.org/index.php/topic,47532.0.html

us Offline J-sews

• Admin Team
  • Absolute Zombie Club
Reply #4 on: January 12, 2014, 04:56:53 AM
Wow, that's a pretty neat old contraption you got there Ray! :tu: Sounds like it has about everything built in but the kitchen sink. :D

So in your first photo, what is the purpose of the gray circular area near the left hand end?
In order to be certain of having the right tool for every job.........one must first acquire a lot of tools

cy Offline dks

• Absolute Zombie Club
  • Bored
Reply #5 on: January 12, 2014, 06:21:32 PM
Wow, that's a pretty neat old contraption you got there Ray! :tu: Sounds like it has about everything built in but the kitchen sink. :D

So in your first photo, what is the purpose of the gray circular area near the left hand end?

YOU do not have one ??   :ahhh

Hell must be freezing   :ahhh    :ahhh
Kelly: "Daddy, what makes men cheat on women?
Al : "Women!"

[ Knife threads ]  [ Country shopping guides ]  [ Battery-Charger-Light threads ]  [ Picture threads ]

us Offline J-sews

• Admin Team
  • Absolute Zombie Club
Reply #6 on: January 13, 2014, 03:59:00 AM

YOU do not have one ??   :ahhh

Hell must be freezing   :ahhh    :ahhh

:D :D

It's cool, but its not pliery enough for me :multi: :D

In order to be certain of having the right tool for every job.........one must first acquire a lot of tools

Offline Ray S

• No Life Club
Reply #7 on: January 16, 2014, 07:11:09 PM

Not sure what you are referring to;if you are talking about the circle on the top that is about the size of a dime there is a corresponding one on the opposite side and it's only function seems to be to serve as a finger grip when opening the blades. The small circle at the bottom looks to be for a lanyard loop.

scotland Offline Gareth

• Admin Team
  • Point Of No Return
Reply #8 on: January 16, 2014, 08:23:38 PM
I have a feeling I've seen one of those before somewhere.  I don't think it was on here though. :think:

Anyway, it's an interesting piece Ray thanks for taking the time. :cheers:
Be excellent to each other and always know where your towel is.

us Offline J-sews

• Admin Team
  • Absolute Zombie Club
Reply #9 on: January 16, 2014, 09:28:09 PM

Not sure what you are referring to;if you are talking about the circle on the top that is about the size of a dime there is a corresponding one on the opposite side and it's only function seems to be to serve as a finger grip when opening the blades. The small circle at the bottom looks to be for a lanyard loop.

Yes, sounds like the finger grip area is what I was referring to. I couldn't tell what it was from the photo. Thanks! :salute:

nl Offline bmot

• No Life Club
  • Don't judge a tool by it's brand
Reply #10 on: January 17, 2014, 07:47:16 PM

Yes, sounds like the finger grip area is what I was referring to. I couldn't tell what it was from the photo. Thanks! :salute:

It looks a bit like a little speaker.... :facepalm:
A knife-carrying guide for the international traveller. : http://forum.multitool.org/index.php/topic,47532.0.html

us Offline J-sews

• Admin Team
  • Absolute Zombie Club
Reply #11 on: January 18, 2014, 03:26:51 AM
I wasn't going to admit it, but that crossed my mind too! :D

Donations

Operational Funds

Help us keep the Unworkable working!
Donate with PayPal!
April Goal: $300.00
Due Date: Apr 30
Total Receipts: $158.99
PayPal Fees: $9.20
Net Balance: $149.79
Below Goal: $150.21
Site Currency: USD
50%