Multitool.org Forum
+-

Hello Lurker! Remove this ad and much more by logging in.

Is it normal to have wiggle or blade play on a Swisstool Spirit?

us Offline mrynnr

• SAK Addict
  • No Life Club
Ordered the Swisstool Spirit on Amazon and decided to return it due to wiggle in the tools and blade play. Received a replacement from Amazon and it has the same issue. Is this normal? My RT has always been solid.

us Offline Aloha

• Global Moderator
  • Point Of No Return
I have 5 Swisstools and none have any play in what you mention.  2 were bought used and those are loose when I open the tool to use pliers but not the blades or other implements.  I have one spirit and its solid all the way around.  Good you sent it in I would have done the same. 
Esse Quam Videri

us Offline Lynn LeFey

• Absolutely No Life Club
  • Any tool is better than nothing. Some not by much
I have a Spirit X and every tool locks up rock solid. Sounds maybe like a bad batch?

hr Offline enki_ck

• Global Moderator
  • Absolute Zombie Club
  • I may get older but I refuse to grow up.
Nope, mine still locks up like a vault after much use.

us Offline NutSAK

• Admin Team
  • Absolutely No Life Club
All the Swisstools I've owned (Spirit or otherwise) have had a bit more play in the plier pivot than I would like, but none have had any more than just a minute wiggle in the other tools.  Most of them have been good and tight.
- Terry

us Offline sticktodrum

• Kershaws, Zebralights, SAKs, and Leather Men.
One of my Spirit Xs has a bit of play in the tools as well as the plier pivot. The pivot is fairly wobly, and the rivets on the joints seem a bit loose and I find the entire bunch of tools moving when it wiggle the file or main blade.

If it bothers you, return or exchange it. Vic may or may not fix it for you. I sent back two Spirits (X & RT) for loose pliers and joints, and they sent them back without any fix.

If you keep getting loose tools, it may very well be a bad batch as Lynn said, at which point consider either calling Amazon or buying from a different dealer. If Amazon finds that a batch of items are bad, they'll remove them and send them back.
"If you put Bacardi in my glass again and try to tell me it's rum, I will burn this bar to the ground!"

-A paraphrase of something I read, to which I related strongly.

Donations

Operational Funds

Help us keep the Unworkable working!
Donate with PayPal!
April Goal: $300.00
Due Date: Apr 30
Total Receipts: $168.99
PayPal Fees: $9.87
Net Balance: $159.12
Below Goal: $140.88
Site Currency: USD
53%