Multitool.org Forum
+-

Hello Lurker! Remove this ad and much more by logging in.

My TK10 finally

Offline Airman

My TK10 finally
on: May 25, 2008, 02:55:31 AM
I just received my TK10  :mail: and it looks quite like a tank bigger and bit heavier than my p3d,very solid,and very powerful.Just playing around with it and happy like a kid.Allen wrench that comes with it don't fit well onto small allen screws,and the clip is too small,don't use it anyway.Nice flashlight so far.I'd like to post some pics but my camera is somewhere at the bottom of a lake along with car keys (not my car :angel:)>:D.Will keep testing , but I think it worth the money,also arrived my new fenix l0d and first test was a fall of about 1 meter just out of the box the light roll and fell to hard floor,not a single scratch and works niiiiceeee.         
« Last Edit: May 25, 2008, 02:57:20 AM by Airman »

ph Offline edap617

• No Life Club
Re: My TK10 finally
Reply #1 on: May 25, 2008, 03:24:01 AM
Airman, congrats on your brightest new toy. Very soon I will also order a TK10, I'm still saving enough money.

I have 2 questions. Can the TK10 remember the last mode before you turn it off? Is it much brighter than the L2D Q5?

Thank you and hope to see some pix of your TK10 soon.

Offline Airman

Reply #2 on: May 25, 2008, 07:06:19 AM
Thank you. How you doing? well yes it remembers since it has just two modes turbo and general so when you turn it on again it will be the same(unless you've turn the head and change the mode).About L2d don't know because I have P3d and L0d ,but L2d is about 180 lumens so there should be some noticeable difference.Hope you get it soon,it definetly worth the money,did you chose which one to get black or olive?

ph Offline edap617

• No Life Club
Reply #3 on: May 25, 2008, 07:45:59 AM
Airman,

I'm planning to get the black TK10. What about yours, is it also black? I have one L2D Q5 and I'm very happy with it, and I think it is the brightest 2AA light. I also think that the TK10 and T1 are the brightest in 2CR123 class.

I heard Surefire will soon be introducing a 400 lumens light, the Invictus. SF are very expensive so I'll just be contented to own a TK10 soooooon. :salute:

« Last Edit: May 25, 2008, 07:53:49 AM by edap617 »

Offline Airman

Reply #4 on: May 25, 2008, 08:28:05 PM
I wasn't sure about the color but the 1st I found was an olive so I get it,yeah SR is so nice but too expensive too,I'm just fine with the TK10(olive),also have a P3D(black) and L0D (black)which I enjoy every time I use them.I haven't try other torches recently but think fenix are doing things well we'll see next LED generation is promising.Hope you get yours soon.Check www.fenixtactical.com and www.fenix-store.com also ebay maybe you can get good bargains over there.Got mine from ebay little less than fenix's stores so just see which one offers you best shipping option.j2led seems to be good dealer bought from them once and is good too.Good luck with your search :salute:.Leo.

ph Offline edap617

• No Life Club
Reply #5 on: May 26, 2008, 12:55:43 AM
Leo, thanks for the link. I prefer to order from Fenix Store because all their prices already include international shiping cost. I got my L2D from Finex Store.

I wish Fenix will come up with their own version of the Invictus soon.

Eddie

Offline Airman

Reply #6 on: May 26, 2008, 04:14:13 AM
 :gimme:Oh my! That thing will go to around $400 to 500.00 for sure,let's see Fenix response,for a while let's enjoy the TK10 and maybe start to save some pennies ,at least to get the Optimus possible MSRP $279.00.It seems like I will have to assault my wallet in a near future or look for some rich uncle to ask for a good Xmas gift  :cheers:

Offline RichardMT

Reply #7 on: May 26, 2008, 06:37:34 PM
Congrats on the TK10. It is really an excellent light...and so much fun to take out at night.

Donations

Operational Funds

Help us keep the Unworkable working!
Donate with PayPal!
April Goal: $300.00
Due Date: Apr 30
Total Receipts: $152.99
PayPal Fees: $8.68
Net Balance: $144.31
Below Goal: $155.69
Site Currency: USD
48%