Multitool.org Forum
+-

Hello Lurker! Remove this ad and much more by logging in.

Kershaw A100 Multi-Tool

za Offline Max Stone

• Absolutely No Life Club
Kershaw A100 Multi-Tool
on: May 15, 2020, 10:07:30 PM
Just a few pictures showing off the A100.  :cheers:
Education is a journey that starts when you realize that knowing a little about something opens the door to the universe.

za Offline Max Stone

Re: Kershaw A100 Multi-Tool
Reply #1 on: May 15, 2020, 10:09:38 PM
...and some details.
Education is a journey that starts when you realize that knowing a little about something opens the door to the universe.

us Offline parnass

• No Life Club
  • 4x4 since '74
Reply #2 on: May 16, 2020, 02:35:06 AM
Cool tool.  :tu:
Retired engineer, author.

A man with one multitool always knows exactly which to use. A man with many multitools is never quite sure. - parnass

us Offline cody6268

Reply #3 on: May 16, 2020, 02:39:18 AM
Nice one!

Every time I find one in intact, and affordable (which to me, the sweet spot is picking up one in the $50-75 range), I am almost always broke at that very point in time.

I am still on the fence between this and the Schrade Tough Grip. I want to use it a bit, so the Tough Grip in that regard is better.  The Tough Grip uses actual Vise-Grip components, from the people that made Vise Grips (and actually, the plant has reopened under Malco produciton, making Eagle Grip locking pliers as opposed to Vise-Grips)  and sturdy components from the Tough Tool. Some variants even have a bit driver.  A100 has the OHO blade and a hacksaw.  For the most part, neither have a really good and solid Philips screwdriver. That thing Irwin came out with recently is a pile of garbage.  My 6LN version is in the bottom of my toolbox as a plan B when I misplace my USA 6LN Vise Grips. The 5WR is upstairs, mostly as backup.  Blade steel might as well be cheese. It cannot hold an edge.

za Offline Max Stone

Reply #4 on: May 16, 2020, 08:25:21 AM
Thanks parnass, cody  :hatsoff:

I was lucky to find this example, especially as it’s unused. They never sold in any numbers where I live and they rarely pop up for sale.

I’ve checked every month or so on progress with the Eagle Grip launch. Looks like they have made good progress, dedicated plant, new staff, new web landing page, posts on SM. Now we just need product!  :popcorn:

Donations

Operational Funds

Help us keep the Unworkable working!
Donate with PayPal!
April Goal: $300.00
Due Date: Apr 30
Total Receipts: $152.99
PayPal Fees: $8.68
Net Balance: $144.31
Below Goal: $155.69
Site Currency: USD
48%