Multitool.org Forum
+-

Hello Lurker! Remove this ad and much more by logging in.

Political Advertising...

us Offline WhichDawg

• Absolutely No Life Club
Political Advertising...
on: May 27, 2008, 12:46:09 AM
I have started seeing Political pictures as avatars and wondered why?
are these people so desperate they need to do this everywhere they can/go?

I respect people's rights and views and can get into a mature discussion on any topic
and for the most part we have good people here who are funny and intelligent conversationalist,

but I never did like it jammed down my throat or see graffiti everywhere I look
like some dumb/fake picture of somebody trying to be somebody :twak:

rant over...

us Offline 665ae

• Formerly known as 665ae
  • No Life Club
  • blah blah blah
Re: Political Advertising...
Reply #1 on: May 27, 2008, 02:26:10 AM
First off, let me say that this is something that has been brought to the attention of the moderators of this forum.

One of the things that makes this forum great is the fact that each person can express themselves, their thoughts, and their beliefs with little fear of being reprimanded or banned (like some other forums.)  As long as the discussions are kept civil, and people treat each other with respect, most topics will be allowed.   If something is blatantly offensive, or violates any of the rules of this forum, one of the moderators will take action.  This applies to all pictures, discussions, avatars, signatures, etc.
If you took all the intestines out of your body and stretched them end to end... you would die.

ca Offline jzmtl

Reply #2 on: May 27, 2008, 02:33:39 AM
Every forum I go, the first thing I do is to turn off sig and avatar so I don't have to deal with stuff like this.  :angel:

us Offline WhichDawg

Reply #3 on: May 27, 2008, 02:39:12 AM
lol now if we were at a soccer game, that would be different!~  :D

us Offline Spoonrobot

• No Life Club
Reply #4 on: May 27, 2008, 02:56:35 AM
Eh, it's an election year. Not much one can do about it. I just try to think happy thoughts.  :multi:

Offline bobofish

Reply #5 on: May 27, 2008, 07:05:42 AM
For what it's worth, I feel the same way about religious avatars, religious signatures, etc.

If you wouldn't like me shoving the opposite down your throat, or would be offended if I advertised it, you should keep it to yourself. Enjoy, prosper, live in peace, but keep it to yourself.

At the same time though, I can understand that people think it identifies or represents them; afterall, plenty of people on this forum advertise SOG's, SAK's, or LM's in their avatars and sigs. They feel their brand loyalty defines them somehow. Frankly I think that's more than a little shallow, but that's the way of the world. Myself, I won't advertise for anybody unless they pay me what I consider a reasonable amount. I don't wear clothes with logos on them, and I do my best to cover up logos or remove them whenever possible. If I paid for something, I do not automatically become a brand representative.

But again; in a very real sense, if you don't have a problem with brand advertising, you shouldn't have a problem with political or religious advertising. If you want to keep that advertising relative to the discussion and subject at hand, then you can draw a finer line of keeping unrelated things out, which is very reasonable.

ca Offline Grant Lamontagne

• Head Turd Polisher
  • Administrator
  • Just Bananas
  • Optimum instrumentum est inter aures
Reply #6 on: May 27, 2008, 12:04:36 PM
While I personally don't care for or about most political matters, I do feel that a forum is about personal expression.  I don't care for political or religious signatures, avatars etc, but it's your profile, not mine, and therefore your choice, provided it's not something offensive.

This would be a pretty boring place if we all agreed on everything and folks weren't allowed to let their thoughts and opinions flow.  Rather than be too heavy handed and define what can and cannot be said here (first amendment doesn't apply to internet forums owned by foreigners!) I try to allow folks to say whatever they like.  I hope that everyone here can appreciate that, even when they see something they aren't thrilled with.

Def
Leave the dents as they are- let your belongings show their scars as proudly as you do yours.

us Offline ducktapehero

• No Life Club
  • Plants should be smoked, not eaten.
Reply #7 on: May 27, 2008, 07:01:59 PM
Having a religious or political avatar or signature is not "shoving it down your throat". Please.  ::) ::) ::)
http://ducksrandomthoughts.blogspot.com - or follow me on Twitter- @ducksthoughts

It's hard to say nipple without smirking.

Offline AJ

Reply #8 on: May 27, 2008, 07:22:07 PM
So who you going to vote for?  :pok:

[

us Offline WhichDawg

Reply #9 on: May 27, 2008, 07:24:33 PM
it is too!  :P I'm from chicago and around this time ads and signs and you name it, everywhere!
and you are a "Yank!" by losing the civil war, the south lost all rights to claim other! deal with it already!  :pok:

but I respect what Def said, this forum is great place because of the way he does things,
but I'm still gonna make fun of the wieners! (and the losers) :D

us Offline ducktapehero

• No Life Club
Reply #10 on: May 27, 2008, 08:33:06 PM
and you are a "Yank!" by losing the civil war, the south lost all rights to claim other! deal with it already!
NO!!!!! Never!!!!!  >:( >:( >:( >:( >:(

Actually, we couldn't beat you militarily so we are beating you financially, with Wal-Mart, Coca-Cola and NASCAR.  :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D
http://ducksrandomthoughts.blogspot.com - or follow me on Twitter- @ducksthoughts

us Offline ducktapehero

• No Life Club
Reply #11 on: May 27, 2008, 08:37:08 PM
Actually I heard an interesting thing about "Yanks and Rebels" In the South people deny being Rebels and people from the North are Yankees, the rest of the world considers us ALL Yankees, except for the British who still consider us ALL rebels. So it's all a matter of perspective.

So see, I have deep thoughts occasionally. But I try not to very often, if I go TOO deep I may drown.

us Offline WhichDawg

Reply #12 on: May 27, 2008, 09:04:13 PM
LOL! how's the healing going DTH? feeling better?

us Offline ducktapehero

• No Life Club
Reply #13 on: May 27, 2008, 09:15:49 PM
Yea, I'd doing good. I've been hurting a bit more the last couple of days because I'm cutting back on my pain meds. Sure they help with the pain but the side effects are killing me.

Donations

Operational Funds

Help us keep the Unworkable working!
Donate with PayPal!
April Goal: $300.00
Due Date: Apr 30
Total Receipts: $122.41
PayPal Fees: $6.85
Net Balance: $115.56
Below Goal: $184.44
Site Currency: USD
39%