Multitool.org Forum
+-

Hello Lurker! Remove this ad and much more by logging in.

Victorinox warranty experiences

Crow · 101 · 16570

Offline nedc

• New User
Re: Victorinox warranty experiences
Reply #90 on: March 16, 2021, 12:23:36 PM
Ok, I'll wait some more, thanks!

us Offline cody6268

• Absolutely No Life Club
Reply #91 on: March 17, 2021, 05:11:39 PM
One word of advice--MARK YOUR KNIFE AS SENTIMENTAL!!!! That will guarantee they'll repair, instead of replace it (even though you'll get the old one back). I sent three off a couple years ago--an 84mm Craftsman (damaged scissors, scratched blade, dull saw, oxidized liners). a 1990s SwissTool (number of abused and badly damaged tools, severely tight tools on one handle--should have been returned to seller due to them lying about "good" condition), and a 1980s Pioneer (broken awl, bent blade tip). Only the Craftsman was marked sentimental, and all issues marked were rectified, with new scissors, liners, and main blade (pen still had original owner markings), and the whole tool was given new scales and scale tools and polished (and I got all the parts that were replaced back) . Pioneer got returned with a new in box silver one; SwissTool was sent back with a new in box modern version.

us Offline Aloha

• Global Moderator
  • Point Of No Return
Reply #92 on: March 17, 2021, 05:23:49 PM
In a word, outstanding.  To think they can and will in many cases sort your knife out or replace is terrific.  I also understand IF they charge its not ransom to get your knife back. 

:hatsoff:  Victorinox. 
Esse Quam Videri

us Offline Barry Rowland

• Absolute Zombie Club
  • Bon Journee!!
Reply #93 on: March 19, 2021, 12:09:53 PM
I can't say enough about Victorinox's customer service.   :iagree: with Aloha!
Barry

Offline DannyM

• New User
Reply #94 on: March 22, 2021, 11:11:20 PM
My country Ireland isn't listed in the warranty process and it doesn't seem I can return my knives directly. I could mark my Explorer as sentimental as it's the old type, but I wonder what they'd do with a Swissbianco Yeoman. I returned (through a shop in Dublin) a Deluxe Tinker years ago which came back looking like new but was actually repaired after looking at the pins and bushes.

Offline carioti8

• New User
Reply #95 on: May 24, 2022, 11:43:53 PM
I just recently bought a Spirit MX Clip and the screw that attaches the clip broke with 10 minutes of opening it.  It was clearly a manufacturing issue.  I submitted an online claim and was told that they do not have parts for this tool.  They suggested that I return it to the retailer, but the retailer said they do not have any more and refused to allow me to return it.  I am shocked that they don't have any parts for these products.  I guess they don't stand behind their "lifetime warranty".  I will try to post a screenshot of the email I received. 

* Picture1.jpg (Filesize: 61.64 KB)

br Offline Golivio

Reply #96 on: May 25, 2022, 04:40:45 AM
I recently sent two saks for repair in Victorinox Brazil:

1- Executive 2- Signature. Both was with broken scissors spring. They repaired both, included changing the scales. I was charged a small amount of money for the repair and shipping costs.

Cheers.

pt Offline pfrsantos

• Absolute Zombie Club
  • Oxygen and magnesium toghether?! OMg!
Reply #97 on: May 25, 2022, 12:03:33 PM
A few years ago, I sent some SAKs for cleaning/repair, through the portuguese representative. Paid very little, some times nothing. They were sent with other SAKs, in "bulk", hence the low/no cost.

Since then, they've stopped being Victorinox's representative, the closest one now is in Spain. Haven't sent any knives through them, yet.

I don't have OCD, I have OCDEFGHIJKLMNOPQRSTUVWXYZ.

I'd give my right arm to be ambidextrous.

Eff the ineffable, scrut the inscrutable.

IYCRTYSWTMTFOT

it Offline SirVicaLot

Reply #98 on: May 25, 2022, 01:16:55 PM
Sorry about the experience you had. It is a known problem that the first series of screws that come with the clips have issues, which is unfortunate but can happen. Other people here have reported similar occurrences  but they got their screws replaced without issues.

I can understand that the issues with the first badge of screws created a supply backlog, but they should at least offer to sent you a screw once they receive the new ones. Maybe they thought it would take a while until they receive them in the US, so the customer rep suggested to return it to your place of purchase for a faster solution. I would reply to Victorinox and let them know that your place of purchase is refusing to take it back (send them the email traffic) and I am sure they will have a different solution.

My experiences with Vics customer service and repair are outstanding, which is why I continue to buy their products  :)

us Offline FolderBeholder

Reply #99 on: May 26, 2022, 04:13:50 AM
I've had excellent customer service from Victorinox.  One time I asked if they could replace the red LED with a white one in my Midnite Manager that was in for a different issue and they did!
Another company with excellent customer service is Zippo.  :hatsoff:
Rest in peace ColoSwiss, you will always be remembered.

kr Offline ROKMC MSgt John

Reply #100 on: June 06, 2022, 03:45:40 AM
First of all, I'm sorry that my writing isn't natural.
 I have Victorinox repair experience in Korea
 It was Swisstool and XAVT.
 Time and $35 wasted in 3 months
 XVAT has an electronic function error, and Victorinox has only 2 years of warranty for electronic products
 So I paid about $25

I think the Swiss Tool Warranty is really my best experience.
 The fixed spring on the knife side went backwards on this (of course it was my mistake)
 The old one had rust on the lock and was not in very good condition.
 But I invested $10 and it came back to me in about 3 months

And this is the old body and the new Flyer configuration.
 I've never seen anything like this anywhere

* 1654479898300.jpg (Filesize: 247.29 KB)

* 1654479899484.jpg (Filesize: 269.65 KB)

Donations

Operational Funds

Help us keep the Unworkable working!
Donate with PayPal!
April Goal: $300.00
Due Date: Apr 30
Total Receipts: $152.99
PayPal Fees: $8.68
Net Balance: $144.31
Below Goal: $155.69
Site Currency: USD
48%