Multitool.org Forum
+-

Hello Lurker! Remove this ad and much more by logging in.

what is your favorite juice, what else do you do with a cs?

spam Offline scrappy

• Turd Bucket
  • No Life Club
what is your favorite juice. mine is the xe6. the pro has more but i like the thunder purple and i have used it for years. I stopped carrying it every day because the pliers would bend on the big stuff but it never broke.
does any one have any other uses for the corkscrew on the juice models? I keep a vic eyeglass screwdriver in there! makes it useful.

england Offline Benner

• Global Tuffy
  • Absolute Zombie Club
  • Just Awesome! And a Slayer of Polar Bear!
Mine is the KF4.  I really like the tool selection.
I'm back!!

us Offline NeitherExtreme

• No Life Club
  • Marsh-wiggle
Mine is the KF4.  I really like the tool selection.
Agreed. :)

us Offline J-sews

• Admin Team
  • Absolute Zombie Club
I don't like the corkscrew. Its too big and in-the-way for how little it gets used. I wish there was an option like many Swiss Army Knife models, where you can substitute a phillips screwdriver for the corkscrew. (Yah, I know the Juice already has a phillips, but think how much better a long length one would be)

My favorite  juices are the KF4 and the S2.
In order to be certain of having the right tool for every job.........one must first acquire a lot of tools

spam Offline scrappy

• Turd Bucket
  • No Life Club
the kf4 would really be a tie for my favorite. it is in the sheath of my RD9. i don't understand why it was discontinue?

us Offline BIG-TARGET

• No Life Club
  • "Survival must be earned"-Klingon Proverb
I like the Xe6.  Does everything, and I like purple :multi:
"Some rise by sin, and some by virtue fall;
 Some run from breaks of ice, and answer none:
 And some condemned for a fault alone." -William Shakespeare, King Lear (1608), Act IV, scene 6, line 169

Offline ultimaonliner

what is your favorite juice. mine is the xe6. the pro has more but i like the thunder purple and i have used it for years. I stopped carrying it every day because the pliers would bend on the big stuff but it never broke.
does any one have any other uses for the corkscrew on the juice models? I keep a vic eyeglass screwdriver in there! makes it useful.

I have an S2 and think it's great for EDC.

But, I have an SC2 on its way, and I'm really looking forward to EDC'ing it.  On paper, the SC2 seems pretty good.

"

us Offline Stormdrane

• No Life Club
  • Be Prepared
The Juice Pro is my favorite of the Juice line.  As for the corkscrew, I've used it to pick at knots, hold the Victorinox mini screwdriver, and one of my brother-in-laws borrowed it to open a bottle of wine.

Offline silentio

Mine would be watermelon, with half a cup of ice. Really cools the body in the tropics. :P

Stormdrane, nice picture there. is that a gaming mousepad the juice is on?

us Offline Viking

• J-sews Fan Club-- Member #0001
I only have one Juice - the CS4.  It doesn't get used much.  I think my wife uses it more than me.

ca Offline Grant Lamontagne

• Head Turd Polisher
  • Administrator
  • Just Bananas
  • Optimum instrumentum est inter aures
Re: what is your favorite juice, what else do you do with a cs?
Reply #10 on: May 26, 2008, 08:10:45 PM
I really liked the CS4 and the Kf4.  I traded away my CS4 and don't really know why.  I suppose I'll have to get another one eventually...

Def
Leave the dents as they are- let your belongings show their scars as proudly as you do yours.

Offline Leatherman123

• Absolutely No Life Club
Reply #11 on: May 27, 2008, 03:18:21 AM
I like the Kf4 the best. The tool selection is perfect!
B

us Offline 665ae

• Formerly known as 665ae
  • No Life Club
  • blah blah blah
Reply #12 on: May 27, 2008, 04:13:59 AM
I've never been a fan of the Juice series.  What about it appeals to you all? 

Maybe I'd get one if it came with one of Stormdrane's lanyards!  :D
If you took all the intestines out of your body and stretched them end to end... you would die.

us Offline Stormdrane

• No Life Club
  • Be Prepared
Reply #13 on: May 27, 2008, 05:07:31 AM
Mine would be watermelon, with half a cup of ice. Really cools the body in the tropics. :P

Stormdrane, nice picture there. is that a gaming mousepad the juice is on?

It's a mousepad with a lamp, but since I've been using a Logitech Marble Mouse for years, I don't actually use the mousepad part, but the lamp on it is serves it's purpose daily.  :)

I've never been a fan of the Juice series.  What about it appeals to you all? 

Maybe I'd get one if it came with one of Stormdrane's lanyards!  :D

The Juice Pro is a chunky tool compared to most of the other Juice models, but the appeal for me is the utility I get from a smaller sized multitool that almost disappears in the front pocket, compared to others I have like the Wave or Spirit.

Start playing around with a few knots and before you know it, you'll be putting lanyards on everything.  I still gotta figure out if I can safely drill a hole in a TV remote for one.   :D

spam Offline scrappy

• Turd Bucket
  • No Life Club
Reply #14 on: May 27, 2008, 05:28:32 AM
the juice line fits in places others won't. my ranger rd7 has a survival sheath with scalpel, bandades, fish line, hooks ...,flashlight, fire steel, lighter, and a kf4. the spirit is just slightly to big for the velcrow to close well.

us Offline Tsquare

Reply #15 on: May 27, 2008, 05:32:45 AM
     Okay the real reason the kf4 was discontinued:  It was the only model that had even thickness scales and made the other models look bad because anyone that owned a kf4 first would look at the others and say "why are the scales uneven?"  It is obvious but sales may have played a part but I must confess it is my favorite also.

Offline Leatherman123

• Absolutely No Life Club
Reply #16 on: May 28, 2008, 12:47:38 AM
Really? If so, that is pretty unbelievable!
B

us Offline NeitherExtreme

• No Life Club
  • Marsh-wiggle
Reply #17 on: May 28, 2008, 02:18:35 AM
     Okay the real reason the kf4 was discontinued:  It was the only model that had even thickness scales and made the other models look bad because anyone that owned a kf4 first would look at the others and say "why are the scales uneven?"  It is obvious but sales may have played a part but I must confess it is my favorite also.
:D :D :D
 I've always wondered why they found it so hard to think of models with even thicknesses. It's a nitpicky little annoyance, but don't like the uneven scales on the other models. ::)

ph Offline duckman1975

• No Life Club
  • Naked without my multitool!
Reply #18 on: June 01, 2008, 01:34:23 PM
I own a charge Ti and a surge, I needed something smaller,elegant for outside of work. So looked into juice ordered the CS4 from marc at edcdepot :salute: and sent it to my friend in CA (shipping to asia very expensive) too bad have to wait till augs to get it. Anyways way CS4 instead of Xe6, well it seem to me based on the forums Xe6 is very beefy. Anyone else share the same sentiments, and by the way is the CS4 any good whats its pros and cons?
Multitools are the best thing that happened to mankind since the invention of the wheel!

ph Offline Teofilo

• No Life Club
Reply #19 on: June 01, 2008, 02:43:19 PM
Scrappy, I like Tang better than 8'o clock.Kiddin.., I have no Juice. I don't know, it has no appeal on me. For me, it looks more on the feminine side, rather, less masculine compared to other LM's.
« Last Edit: June 01, 2008, 02:44:54 PM by Teofilo »

us Offline J-sews

• Admin Team
  • Absolute Zombie Club
Reply #20 on: June 01, 2008, 03:55:45 PM
I own a charge Ti and a surge, I needed something smaller,elegant for outside of work. So looked into juice ordered the CS4 from marc at edcdepot :salute: and sent it to my friend in CA (shipping to asia very expensive) too bad have to wait till augs to get it. Anyways way CS4 instead of Xe6, well it seem to me based on the forums Xe6 is very beefy. Anyone else share the same sentiments, and by the way is the CS4 any good whats its pros and cons?

The CS4 has a good selection of blades, although as stated earlier I'm no fan of the corkscrew. You will want to sharpen the tip of the awl blade on a grinder as soon as you get it - Leatherman leaves the awl tip rounded for some reason.
In order to be certain of having the right tool for every job.........one must first acquire a lot of tools

Offline raptor

Reply #21 on: June 08, 2008, 11:34:27 AM
i have no juice ,but i think S2 is the best one.

Donations

Operational Funds

Help us keep the Unworkable working!
Donate with PayPal!
April Goal: $300.00
Due Date: Apr 30
Total Receipts: $158.99
PayPal Fees: $9.20
Net Balance: $149.79
Below Goal: $150.21
Site Currency: USD
50%