Multitool.org Forum
+-

Hello Lurker! Remove this ad and much more by logging in.

Victorinox airport store advice

ro Offline Corwyn

• No Life Club
Victorinox airport store advice
on: January 22, 2014, 05:16:47 PM
Around here you can only find ridiculously expensive Victorinox stuff in 3 malls, and there only old, common, red cellidor models.
There are also two distributors, quite expensive too, with limited models low stock, and insane shipping fees (two to three times the cost of the sak) and.. well.. it's online so you can't really feel it in your hand and touch it.

Next week I'm going to Norway via Zurich, where I will stay for 4 hours. I understood that Zurich Transfer Terminal has one of Europe's largest Victorinox stores. I also understood that you could get a sak through Swiss security, but I can't take hull luggage with me so I wont be able to take it back from Norway on my return flight anyway.

So.. probably saks are out (unless you guys have another suggestion). What other Vic goodies could I buy there that I couldn't find here, aren't too expensive and can be carried on a plane? I was thinking a belt clip, a sharpener, sak oil, some sexy scales, a polar shirt, a bag, a usb ... something like that. My budget isn't that big.. about 100 E, but I have my card on me if I fall in love with a shiny.  :drool:

Any tips or suggestions? If you have links to the products I should look out for, I'd appreciate it...
Corwyn of Multitool, the First of His name, King of Victorinox, King of Leatherman, Gerber and the First Generation SOG, Lord of the Seven Wrenches, Protector of the Forum, Khal of the Bushes, called Corwyn Toolborn, the Unsharpened, Father of SAKs.

ch Offline Etherealicer

• Admin Team
  • Zombie Apprentice
Re: Victorinox airport store advice
Reply #1 on: January 22, 2014, 05:24:38 PM
First, many SAKs you can carry on the plain when flying in Europe therefore I think many things you can buy in the Victorinox shop at the airport you can bring on the plain (just ask, they will know at the store).

Alternatively:
Webers World, they usually have quite good conditions.
It wouldn't be the internet without people complaining.

scotland Offline gardenvalley

Reply #2 on: January 22, 2014, 05:46:37 PM
Buy whatever you want (can afford) and post it to your home in a Jiffy bag if you can`t take it on the plane.
Thi`s signature contain`s no superfluou`s apostrophe`s

hr Offline enki_ck

• Global Moderator
  • Absolute Zombie Club
  • I may get older but I refuse to grow up.
Reply #3 on: January 22, 2014, 09:19:35 PM
Buy whatever you want (can afford) and post it to your home in a Jiffy bag if you can`t take it on the plane.

+1

Buy what you like. Buy SAKs. Then, once in Norway, go to the post office and mail it to yourself. :tu: 

ro Offline Corwyn

• No Life Club
Reply #4 on: February 01, 2014, 02:14:46 PM
Thank you all for the tips. I found an excuse to get Baggage drop so I got them home safe (leaving Zurich there were no questions asked).

Take a look at my purchases: http://forum.multitool.org/index.php?topic=21658.msg839049#msg839049

All in all prices were a tad higher than my regular supplier, but I just fell in love when seeing the Silvertech in reality (pictures can't express how pretty it really is), Also all the bonuses added up to about 20 Euros, plus no courier fees so all in all a good deal... plus I got to Vic heaven and was able to buy stuff instead of just drooling over them...

PS: I really wanted a Nomad, but they aren't allowed to sell anything larger than 91 mm in the airport.
PPS: She said they received the Delemont catalogue and that they are expecting to get the Nail Clippers in the start of February.
Corwyn of Multitool, the First of His name, King of Victorinox, King of Leatherman, Gerber and the First Generation SOG, Lord of the Seven Wrenches, Protector of the Forum, Khal of the Bushes, called Corwyn Toolborn, the Unsharpened, Father of SAKs.

Donations

Operational Funds

Help us keep the Unworkable working!
Donate with PayPal!
April Goal: $300.00
Due Date: Apr 30
Total Receipts: $152.99
PayPal Fees: $8.68
Net Balance: $144.31
Below Goal: $155.69
Site Currency: USD
48%