Multitool.org Forum
+-

Hello Lurker! Remove this ad and much more by logging in.

Road Rage?

Offline Leatherman123

• Absolutely No Life Club
Road Rage?
on: May 28, 2008, 01:45:43 AM
So, have any of you guys ever gotten in some serious road rage?

B

us Offline hawkchucker

• No Life Club
  • I miss Benner
Re: Road Rage?
Reply #1 on: May 28, 2008, 01:48:31 AM
Absolutly not! However my company does not allow me to carry Mag lites in my truck anymore.
S

us Offline ducktapehero

• No Life Club
  • Plants should be smoked, not eaten.
Reply #2 on: May 28, 2008, 01:48:32 AM
Only when people in the PASSING LANE don't do just that. They just stay there. I wish cops would ticket those people because them backing up traffic for miles has got to be dangerous.
http://ducksrandomthoughts.blogspot.com - or follow me on Twitter- @ducksthoughts

It's hard to say nipple without smirking.

Offline Leatherman123

Reply #3 on: May 28, 2008, 01:55:55 AM
Yeah, I know what you mean.. BTW, I hate when people drive 45 in the FAST LANE!
B

gb Offline Mike, Lord of the Spammers!

• Chief of the Absolutely No Life Club!
  • Abandon All Hope Ye Who Enter Here...
  • Why haven't you got a Farmer yet!
Reply #4 on: May 28, 2008, 08:54:45 AM
Used to, and to a spectacularly violent degree :D

I cycle now ;)
Give in, buy several Farmer's!!!!!!

Offline jock1

• No Life Club
Reply #5 on: May 28, 2008, 11:27:26 AM
Only in a professional capacity it does seem to effect the most surprising folk not just your usual knucle dragging trog

england Offline Benner

• Global Tuffy
  • Absolute Zombie Club
  • Just Awesome! And a Slayer of Polar Bear!
Reply #6 on: May 28, 2008, 12:20:21 PM
I have been known to get a little peeved behind the wheel.  But only with those that deserve it!  :P
I'm back!!

Offline nezza33

Reply #7 on: May 28, 2008, 12:40:53 PM
This little snotty 19 year old was driving in a smart car the WRONG way down a ONE way street theres no room for us to pass so what does he do. He gets out the car and starts walking towards me.I wasnt exactly scared but so many teenagers carry knives in the UK. Mind you so do i and a lot of the people in the forum ::).He gets to the car and starts kicking my front leftwing swearing at me and telling me to back up. when i got out he came across and punched me in the shoulder. I could have easily stopped him he was pencil thin.Not an ounce of mucsle on him well after he punched me he went to do it again.Well self defense right? I didnt get much more trouble from him i just got back in my car and watched as he reversed away. :D
« Last Edit: May 28, 2008, 12:43:03 PM by nezza33 »
J

england Offline Dunc

• Admin Team
  • Zombie Apprentice
  • Aggressive in defence
Reply #8 on: May 28, 2008, 12:53:28 PM
This little snotty 19 year old was driving in a smart car the WRONG way down a ONE way street theres no room for us to pass so what does he do. He gets out the car and starts walking towards me.I wasnt exactly scared but so many teenagers carry knives in the UK. Mind you so do i and a lot of the people in the forum ::).He gets to the car and starts kicking my front leftwing swearing at me and telling me to back up. when i got out he came across and punched me in the shoulder. I could have easily stopped him he was pencil thin.Not an ounce of mucsle on him well after he punched me he went to do it again.Well self defense right? I didnt get much more trouble from him i just got back in my car and watched as he reversed away. :D

Nezza how hard did you hit him ?  :D

I suffer from carpark rage  :-[ I really can be ruthless ,some people can be such t*ssers in car parks . A few years ago when my girls were very young I was about to reverse into a parent and toddler parking space when this guy drove straight in there , it was obvious I was going into that space  >:( What made it worse he didnt have any kids with him  >:( >:( I shouted every name under the sun and asked him where his effing kids were  >:D When I went to get out of my car he got out of his as fast as he could and ran into the store ,he was a huge guy ( not so much muscle rather fat ) . Not wanting to cause a scene or anything I took his registration number down and went to the stores reception and told them that this car had left its lights on , they put the vehicle reg over the tannoy and when lard arse got to his car he found a note saying ' Ha HA FAT BOY ' and a message telling him exactly what I thought of him  >:D Cant say I'm proud of the way I acted but it was funny .
  But car parks really wind me up .

Dunc

england Offline Benner

• Global Tuffy
  • Absolute Zombie Club
  • Just Awesome! And a Slayer of Polar Bear!
Reply #9 on: May 28, 2008, 12:59:02 PM
Nice one Dunc!  :D
I'm back!!

us Offline NutSAK

• Admin Team
Reply #10 on: May 28, 2008, 01:49:18 PM
 :cheers:

Well thought out!
- Terry

Offline nezza33

Reply #11 on: May 28, 2008, 02:11:16 PM

Nezza how hard did you hit him ?  :D

I suffer from carpark rage  :-[ I really can be ruthless ,some people can be such t*ssers in car parks . A few years ago when my girls were very young I was about to reverse into a parent and toddler parking space when this guy drove straight in there , it was obvious I was going into that space  >:( What made it worse he didnt have any kids with him  >:( >:( I shouted every name under the sun and asked him where his effing kids were  >:D When I went to get out of my car he got out of his as fast as he could and ran into the store ,he was a huge guy ( not so much muscle rather fat ) . Not wanting to cause a scene or anything I took his registration number down and went to the stores reception and told them that this car had left its lights on , they put the vehicle reg over the tannoy and when lard arse got to his car he found a note saying ' Ha HA FAT BOY ' and a message telling him exactly what I thought of him  >:D Cant say I'm proud of the way I acted but it was funny .
  But car parks really wind me up .

Dunc
Well done Dunc i wish i could have seen his face. I didnt realy hit him but when he tryed to hit me again i simply side stepped and got him in an arm lock. Then he started crying and bagging so i let go of him. He simply got back in his car driving away shouting at me and swearing again i simple laughed. :D
J

Reply #12 on: May 28, 2008, 07:44:15 PM
Well I used to be a Biker, a proper biker! I'll leave it to your imaginations what I used to get up to when cut up >:D

us Offline CQC-7

• No Life Club
  • Right Wing Psychopath!
Reply #13 on: May 29, 2008, 01:38:49 AM
I dont get road rage anymore.  I just usually stare at them like a madman and they usually back off, shut up or quickly put their middle finger away.  I am not really a big guy but I have been told that my stare would stop a clock.  I dont consider myself scary but I have had a lot of people tell me that I am downright terrifying. :)

Offline bobofish

Reply #14 on: May 29, 2008, 06:25:59 AM
Life's too short to get truly mad at idiots.

If all else fails, I bite my thumb at them and move on.

One guy almost killed me though, I was driving to Vegas in the middle of the night, the road was a complete mess from construction, so you really couldn't drive more than 45 safely. Actually add to that there were hundreds of posted signs saying the limit was 40 because of construction.
So anyway, the right lane was the one that was less chewed up, so I spent most of my time driving in it, and the road was pretty clear, only a few cars. After a while, I came up on a Semi and had to pass him, so I moved over to the left lane gradually before I got to the truck, and kathunkajunkarumblerumble kathunk kathunk rumble it was hard enough keeping a straight line, much less driving any faster. I saw this SUV scream up to me probably going 100mph, and when he got RIGHT on my bumper, he turned his hi-beams on. Mind you I was about to pass the Semi in about 10 seconds.
I turned on my signal light, so the idiot would know that I didn't intend to hog the left lane, and started to move over to the right. He started to flash his hi-beams on and off at me, I guess to get me to hurry up, but of course I had to pass the bumper of the Semi before I could do that, right? Well I moved over, and he decided to cut off the truck and get behind me and flash his hi-lights off and on for a few more seconds, following RIGHT on my bumper. I heard the Semi slam on his brakes not to hit the guy, and I had enough and held up my middle finger so he could see it. The prick then swerved around my car, then swerved so close to my front bumper that I had to swerve not to hit him. Then he sped up a little, hit his brake lights three times I guess to tell me I was a jerk, and disappeared into the desert going probably the same 100mph.

I fumed a little, but what was there to do? The guy was obviously off his nut. Add to that he didn't have a license plate for me to call in. Jerk.

england Offline Dunc

• Admin Team
  • Zombie Apprentice
  • Aggressive in defence
Reply #15 on: May 29, 2008, 11:44:56 AM
I dont get road rage anymore.  I just usually stare at them like a madman and they usually back off, shut up or quickly put their middle finger away.  I am not really a big guy but I have been told that my stare would stop a clock.  I dont consider myself scary but I have had a lot of people tell me that I am downright terrifying. :)

You have so got to post a pic  :o

Dunc

england Offline Dunc

• Admin Team
  • Zombie Apprentice
  • Aggressive in defence
Reply #16 on: May 29, 2008, 11:46:23 AM
Life's too short to get truly mad at idiots.

If all else fails, I bite my thumb at them and move on.

One guy almost killed me though, I was driving to Vegas in the middle of the night, the road was a complete mess from construction, so you really couldn't drive more than 45 safely. Actually add to that there were hundreds of posted signs saying the limit was 40 because of construction.
So anyway, the right lane was the one that was less chewed up, so I spent most of my time driving in it, and the road was pretty clear, only a few cars. After a while, I came up on a Semi and had to pass him, so I moved over to the left lane gradually before I got to the truck, and kathunkajunkarumblerumble kathunk kathunk rumble it was hard enough keeping a straight line, much less driving any faster. I saw this SUV scream up to me probably going 100mph, and when he got RIGHT on my bumper, he turned his hi-beams on. Mind you I was about to pass the Semi in about 10 seconds.
I turned on my signal light, so the idiot would know that I didn't intend to hog the left lane, and started to move over to the right. He started to flash his hi-beams on and off at me, I guess to get me to hurry up, but of course I had to pass the bumper of the Semi before I could do that, right? Well I moved over, and he decided to cut off the truck and get behind me and flash his hi-lights off and on for a few more seconds, following RIGHT on my bumper. I heard the Semi slam on his brakes not to hit the guy, and I had enough and held up my middle finger so he could see it. The prick then swerved around my car, then swerved so close to my front bumper that I had to swerve not to hit him. Then he sped up a little, hit his brake lights three times I guess to tell me I was a jerk, and disappeared into the desert going probably the same 100mph.

I fumed a little, but what was there to do? The guy was obviously off his nut. Add to that he didn't have a license plate for me to call in. Jerk.

Glad you came out of it alright , he was playing a dangerous game  :(

Dunc

Offline cryptrick

Reply #17 on: May 29, 2008, 08:34:17 PM
I've never really had any major pieces of Raod Rage, I do a bit of swearing if people cut me up / drive as if there car doesn't go into 3rd gear etc when I'm in a rush, but most of the time I'm not too bad ;)
[

us Offline Pacu

Reply #18 on: May 30, 2008, 12:10:01 AM
Being 6'4 250lbs AND redheaded i try to control my rage. Also as i get older the idea of me getting shot or stabbed for some stupid incident is always hovering about. Of course if it comes right down to it i have a hatchet and shovel ready to go and Texas is a big place!
:like:    :MTO:

Reply #19 on: May 30, 2008, 12:29:01 AM
Of course if it comes right down to it i have a hatchet and shovel ready to go and Texas is a big place!
I like your line of thinking mate >:D

us Offline CQC-7

• No Life Club
  • Right Wing Psychopath!
Reply #20 on: June 01, 2008, 01:56:21 AM

You have so got to post a pic  :o

Dunc

I have been looking for a picture with my "death stare" and I cannot find one.  I am usually smiling in pictures but behind the happy exterior there lies a "put that freakin camera back where it belongs" look. :)

us Offline ducktapehero

• No Life Club
  • Plants should be smoked, not eaten.
Reply #21 on: June 01, 2008, 11:50:51 PM
Only when people in the PASSING LANE don't do just that. They just stay there. I wish cops would ticket those people because them backing up traffic for miles has got to be dangerous.

Yeah, I know what you mean.. BTW, I hate when people drive 45 in the FAST LANE!
Aren't you a cop? Pull their asses over.
http://ducksrandomthoughts.blogspot.com - or follow me on Twitter- @ducksthoughts

It's hard to say nipple without smirking.

Offline Leatherman123

Reply #22 on: June 02, 2008, 01:21:34 AM
Yeah, it happens a lot when I'm off duty.. But, I still carry my badge!  >:D
B

au Offline MultiMat

• The MTO handshake.
Reply #23 on: June 02, 2008, 03:06:11 AM
I heard on the radio a delivery driver , normally the maddest drives out their, dealt with bad drivers by having yellow & red cards , like a soccer/football  ref. If some one cut him off he would show them a yellow card & for serious offenses he would show a red card (the send off card in soccer) bit of a  :D I rekon . By the by I was picking some pizza up the other night & driving past the local supermarket there was quite a hullabaloo 3 cop cars & a fire engine , the cause a car on its roof , how the hell do you flip a car in a car park :o :D 

"Downunder Mod (that sounds dirty, doesn't it?)"
Yeh Baby :P >:D >:D

Offline jock1

• No Life Club
Reply #24 on: June 02, 2008, 07:04:19 PM
I heard on the radio a delivery driver , normally the maddest drives out their, dealt with bad drivers by having yellow & red cards , like a soccer/football  ref. If some one cut him off he would show them a yellow card & for serious offenses he would show a red card (the send off card in soccer) bit of a  :D I rekon . By the by I was picking some pizza up the other night & driving past the local supermarket there was quite a hullabaloo 3 cop cars & a fire engine , the cause a car on its roof , how the hell do you flip a car in a car park :o :D 
Believe I have found that there is no end to human stupidity most nights I finish my shift go home and lmfao at the levels of chronic stupidity some folk display and surprisingly enough they live to tell the tale

Reply #25 on: June 02, 2008, 07:24:18 PM
and surprisingly enough they live to tell the tale
I'm never sure if thats a good thing or not :D

Offline jock1

• No Life Club