Multitool.org Forum
+-

Hello Lurker! Remove this ad and much more by logging in.

Smurfing auction site!!!!! Warning... Rant!

us Offline Yadda

• No Life Club
  • Lifelike and remarkably self similar
Smurfing auction site!!!!! Warning... Rant!
on: January 30, 2014, 05:52:47 AM
I've seen dozens of a specific knife I like posted for sale.... most of the time I lose out because people really like them.  I had the top bid, I was set to pay a little more and I get notified the listing has been pulled with no specific reason other than rule violation and my bid has been cancelled. What the smurf!!! :rant: :rant: :rant:  Come on....this time you pull the listing????  Why this one now!  What about all the others across the last few years including the 6 I purchased 3 years ago??  Be consistent!!  This item doesn't violate any rules or laws! >:( :rant: :rant: 

I now know if I see this knife again to save a search on the seller.  I'll back door the process.

Unbelievable!
« Last Edit: January 30, 2014, 05:55:09 AM by Yadda »
"It didn't hurt, flirt, blood squirt, stuffed shirt, hang me on a tree
After I count down three rounds, in Hell I'll be in good company" -  The Dead South

us Offline sticktodrum

• Kershaws, Zebralights, SAKs, and Leather Men.
Re: Smurfing auction site!!!!! Warning... Rant!
Reply #1 on: January 30, 2014, 07:09:54 AM
Hmmmmm...details?
"If you put Bacardi in my glass again and try to tell me it's rum, I will burn this bar to the ground!"

-A paraphrase of something I read, to which I related strongly.

us Offline Yadda

• No Life Club
  • Lifelike and remarkably self similar
Re: Smurfing auction site!!!!! Warning... Rant!
Reply #2 on: January 30, 2014, 01:19:03 PM
Executive edge "Grande" pocket knife.   This one was the black lacquered one.  :(
The description wasn't spelled correctly so no one had found it so far except me.   :D or at least I was the only bidder or watcher. 

Listed at $24.99.  This was older stock so the price could have gone up to $70+ if people found it.   With less than a full day left poof, gone, nothing, but an annoying apology e-mail.  <sigh>

"It didn't hurt, flirt, blood squirt, stuffed shirt, hang me on a tree
After I count down three rounds, in Hell I'll be in good company" -  The Dead South

Donations

Operational Funds

Help us keep the Unworkable working!
Donate with PayPal!
March Goal: $300.00
Due Date: Mar 31
Total Receipts: $379.86
PayPal Fees: $19.62
Net Balance: $360.24
Above Goal: $60.24
Site Currency: USD
120%