Multitool.org Forum
+-

Hello Lurker! Remove this ad and much more by logging in.

Knight's Multitool Pliers

us Offline Yadda

• No Life Club
  • Lifelike and remarkably self similar
Knight's Multitool Pliers
on: January 30, 2014, 07:23:05 PM
This one is mine.  This is a photo snagged off of the web, but I should receive these early next week.  Manufactured by Schillhorn(?).  Patented by a guy named Knight.

Holes in handle so it can be used as a gas wrench and a unique looped end for pulling cotter pins.  The other handle is a screw driver. 

Knight multi.jpg
* Knight multi.jpg (Filesize: 96.25 KB)
"It didn't hurt, flirt, blood squirt, stuffed shirt, hang me on a tree
After I count down three rounds, in Hell I'll be in good company" -  The Dead South

us Offline J-sews

• Admin Team
  • Absolute Zombie Club
Re: Knight's Multitool Pliers
Reply #1 on: February 07, 2014, 05:19:36 AM
A fine multi-purpose tool indeed, very nice! Do you have it yet?

Edit: Maybe the maker was Schollhorn? They are most famous for their Bernard parallel pliers, but they also made a lot of other fine tools. :)
« Last Edit: February 07, 2014, 05:21:50 AM by J-sews »
In order to be certain of having the right tool for every job.........one must first acquire a lot of tools

us Offline Yadda

• No Life Club
Reply #2 on: February 07, 2014, 08:29:25 PM
A fine multi-purpose tool indeed, very nice! Do you have it yet?

Edit: Maybe the maker was Schollhorn? They are most famous for their Bernard parallel pliers, but they also made a lot of other fine tools. :)

I do have it now.  I'll try to get a couple of updated photos online tonight. 

You are correct.  The maker is Schollhorn.  Fat fingered the  spelling and didn't spell check before hitting post.

This was the second time I've seen this tool.  I let the first one go, but the pull was too strong this time and I ponied up and bought it. 
After I count down three rounds, in Hell I'll be in good company" -  The Dead South

Offline Ray S

• No Life Club
Reply #3 on: February 07, 2014, 09:27:46 PM
Nice one!Here is a picture of one I got some years ago.A slightly more modern version that came in a leather pouch advertising a savings bank.Probably a promotional tool.
MultiTool99 001.jpg
* MultiTool99 001.jpg (Filesize: 52.14 KB)
MultiTool99 002.jpg
* MultiTool99 002.jpg (Filesize: 45.75 KB)
Plierwrench2 001.jpg
* Plierwrench2 001.jpg (Filesize: 51.12 KB)
Plierwrench2 002.jpg
* Plierwrench2 002.jpg (Filesize: 57.28 KB)

us Offline Yadda

• No Life Club
Reply #4 on: February 07, 2014, 10:08:12 PM
Very Nice!  The pictures you included are Handyboy pliers.  The older ones and similar ones are from Diamalloy, Crescent and a few other companies.  To further complicate matters there is a least one or more chinese companies pouring copies into the market so lots of shiny new ones can be purchased and they are often sold under the description "Handyboy". 

Offline Ray S

• No Life Club
Reply #5 on: February 08, 2014, 12:56:01 AM
Very Nice!  The pictures you included are Handyboy pliers.  The older ones and similar ones are from Diamalloy, Crescent and a few other companies.  To further complicate matters there is a least one or more chinese companies pouring copies into the market so lots of shiny new ones can be purchased and they are often sold under the description "Handyboy".

If you look closely at the second picture you will note the Diamalloy logo just above where it says Handyboy.I'm not sure exactly how old these are;I've had them for at least 25 years and the phone number would indicate it was after they stopped using letters and numbers but before area codes were used.

us Offline J-sews

• Admin Team
  • Absolute Zombie Club
Reply #6 on: February 08, 2014, 05:07:00 AM
I looked at pictures of Diamalloy Handyboy tools for years before finally pulling the trigger on one a few months ago. When it arrived, I was surprised at how small it was. Guess I'd just always assumed they were bigger. :P
In order to be certain of having the right tool for every job.........one must first acquire a lot of tools

us Offline J-sews

• Admin Team
  • Absolute Zombie Club
Reply #7 on: February 12, 2014, 08:55:23 PM
Just stumbled across this one yesterday while browsing "combination tools" on Datamp.org :)

Donations

Operational Funds

Help us keep the Unworkable working!
Donate with PayPal!
April Goal: $300.00
Due Date: Apr 30
Total Receipts: $158.99
PayPal Fees: $9.20
Net Balance: $149.79
Below Goal: $150.21
Site Currency: USD
50%