Multitool.org Forum
+-

Hello Lurker! Remove this ad and much more by logging in.

New Acquisition Plierench Multitool

Yadda · 10 · 2620

us Offline Yadda

• No Life Club
  • Lifelike and remarkably self similar
New Acquisition Plierench Multitool
on: February 28, 2014, 09:53:15 PM
I recently purchased a new "old" multitool off of the 'bay.  It is a Plierench Corporation Multi tool.  It is a third version of the tool that I have never seen before.

I will take better pictures, but this is what I have so far and a little history behind these tools.

The original tool is called the E-F Angle Screwdriver.  I do not own one yet, but I snagged a picture of one for sale to put here.  The tool is basically a 4 or 5 way screwdriver although the merchandising literature show it can also be used to flip the caps off of bottles.  The E-F Angle screwdriver was manufactured between 1923 and 1932 give or take a few years.

The second tool is the Eifel Multitool.  I posted this one before.  It has all the bells and whistles.  Screwdriver, bottle opener, and nail remover in the middle. The Eifel Multitool was manufactured roughly between 1932 and probably around 1940(?)

The last one is the Plierench Corporation multi tool.  It doesn't have any tool title imprinted like the other two, just the company name and the year it was made 1940. It has the screwdrivers and the bottle opener, but no nail puller hole.  Before purchasing this one from a vendor in Australia, I had never seen one before. From the dating we know the Plierench Corp. multi tool was manufactured at least in 1940.

It is really cool to see the evolution of the tool. 

Please excuse the poor picture quality.  For those counting I have three of the Eifel Multitools and one of the Plerench Corporation tools.

EF.jpg
* EF.jpg (Filesize: 102.56 KB)
"It didn't hurt, flirt, blood squirt, stuffed shirt, hang me on a tree
After I count down three rounds, in Hell I'll be in good company" -  The Dead South

us Offline Yadda

• No Life Club
Re: New Acquisition Plierench Multitool
Reply #1 on: February 28, 2014, 09:57:14 PM
This is the Plierench Corp Multitool.
PR.jpg
* PR.jpg (Filesize: 77.06 KB)
After I count down three rounds, in Hell I'll be in good company" -  The Dead South

us Offline Yadda

• No Life Club
Reply #2 on: February 28, 2014, 09:59:58 PM
This is my Eifel Multitools with the Plierench Corp Multitool
EMPR.jpg
* EMPR.jpg (Filesize: 141.99 KB)

us Offline David

• Absolutely No Life Club
Reply #3 on: March 01, 2014, 05:04:03 AM
That's a neat collection!    :tu:     :)
What? Enablers! Are you serrrrious? Where? I dont see any.
Hold Fast

us Offline J-sews

• Admin Team
  • Absolute Zombie Club
Reply #4 on: March 06, 2014, 01:58:55 AM
How exciting! It's always great to complete a "set", especially with a version that you never knew existed! :D

Do any of the other versions have a date stamp on them? My "Eifel Multitool" does not, but it does have a 15-cent price stamped on it. 
In order to be certain of having the right tool for every job.........one must first acquire a lot of tools

us Offline Yadda

• No Life Club
Reply #5 on: March 06, 2014, 02:31:20 AM
None of the others have dates.

gb Offline Sparky415

• Zombie Apprentice
Reply #6 on: March 06, 2014, 09:02:00 AM

Cool little tools  :tu:
Everything’s adjustable

gb Offline ryan1835

• Absolutely No Life Club
  • buh
Reply #7 on: March 06, 2014, 07:40:09 PM
have to say i was expecting an absurd pair of pliers with an adjustable wrench attached  :facepalm:
I

us Offline J-sews

• Admin Team
  • Absolute Zombie Club
Reply #8 on: March 07, 2014, 05:05:37 AM
have to say i was expecting an absurd pair of pliers with an adjustable wrench attached  :facepalm:

What, you got something against absurd pliers with adjustable wrenches attached? :P

In order to be certain of having the right tool for every job.........one must first acquire a lot of tools

us Offline Yadda

• No Life Club
Reply #9 on: March 07, 2014, 07:43:57 PM

What, you got something against absurd pliers with adjustable wrenches attached? :P

I don't know Bob, sounds like you might need to hit him with a couple more.    :twak:

I do love the Handy Boy plier/adjustable wrench combo the shiny new ones look like they belong in the trunk of a '57 triple black Chevy.  And the Matthews Never Stall... never climb a windmill without one.

Remember, pliery multitools are like a box of chocolates.... you never know what you're going to get. :D
« Last Edit: March 07, 2014, 07:47:39 PM by Yadda »

Donations

Operational Funds

Help us keep the Unworkable working!
Donate with PayPal!
April Goal: $300.00
Due Date: Apr 30
Total Receipts: $158.99
PayPal Fees: $9.20
Net Balance: $149.79
Below Goal: $150.21
Site Currency: USD
50%