Multitool.org Forum
+-

Hello Lurker! Remove this ad and much more by logging in.

a question for you gadget folks.

us Offline rescue4500

a question for you gadget folks.
on: April 30, 2015, 01:36:50 PM
im looking for a portable small power supply for charging my wifes phone while hiking... she takes lots of pictures with it and often kills the battery on the trail.. any input would be greatly appreciated.
If you do things right, people wont be sure you've done anything at all. -Unknown Author

ro Offline Corwyn

• No Life Club
Re: a question for you gadget folks.
Reply #1 on: April 30, 2015, 01:43:13 PM
I've got 3 PowerBanks, but the best one is by far XIAOMI 5000: http://www.[url=http://forum.multitool.org/index.php/topic,55947.0.html]SPAMCORP.com/Original-XIAOMI-5000mAh-Ultra-thin-9_9mm-Power-Bank-For-Mobile-Phone-p-957081.html[/url]

Got it as a prize from SPAMCORP and it's great.. good looking, light and thin, great quality, cables are really well made (usually Power Bank cables break in a few weeks).
It charges my phone (Samsung Galaxy S4 Mini) about 2 and a half times on a full charge... ow and it's blistering fast.. charges far faster than directly from the power plug.

Highly recommended.. only thing I did not like was the gritty finish... feel like an old blackboard.. but still it's grippy and others like the finish...
Corwyn of Multitool, the First of His name, King of Victorinox, King of Leatherman, Gerber and the First Generation SOG, Lord of the Seven Wrenches, Protector of the Forum, Khal of the Bushes, called Corwyn Toolborn, the Unsharpened, Father of SAKs.

gb Offline Zed

• Zombie Apprentice
Reply #2 on: April 30, 2015, 02:09:11 PM
I have a similar one to above,charges my android phone 4 times,plus charges my galaxy tab 3 tablet  :tu:

us Offline rescue4500

Reply #3 on: May 01, 2015, 06:50:41 PM
thanks for the input ill have to check it out
If you do things right, people wont be sure you've done anything at all. -Unknown Author

fr Offline Whoey

• Administrator
  • Zombie Apprentice
  • I am geek, hear me code
Reply #4 on: May 02, 2015, 01:03:22 AM
makes you wonder why those batteries/systems aren't part of the gadgets in the first place...  :facepalm:
The difficult we do immediately, the impossible takes a little longer.

us Offline powernoodle

• Absolutely No Life Club
Reply #5 on: May 02, 2015, 03:04:51 AM
I have 2x of the Anker brand portable batteries from Amazon (10,000 mAh and 16,000 mAh) as well as the "Amazon Basics" brand battery (10,000 mAh).  They rock.  I carry one in my Man Sack, and they come in handy for charging the cell phone. Depending on the phone, and when factoring in the losses inherent in this kind of thing, 10,000 mAh will charge a phone maybe 3-5 times.  The ones I'm talking about run in the $30 range.  Good stuff. 

nl Offline Serena

• No Life Club
Reply #6 on: May 30, 2015, 07:26:22 AM
I love my Xtorm. Can charge my iPhone 3 to 5 times…

es Offline El Rago

• I shot the sherrif...
Reply #7 on: May 30, 2015, 10:59:08 AM
I got one as a price at my job. it is rated at 10.000mha and has 2 conectors, 1.0a and 2.1a. Also a smal torch.

used it during a 10 hr flight to keep my phone and PSvita charged. Never got below 2 lights from 5. All in all a great gift. the only down side  is the size. that might be an issue. mine is a tad bigger than a pack of smokes

us Offline rescue4500

Reply #8 on: May 31, 2015, 04:57:29 AM
I ended up buying a travex power bank at eddie bauer bc it was on sell for $15 seems to work fine

Donations

Operational Funds

Help us keep the Unworkable working!
Donate with PayPal!
April Goal: $300.00
Due Date: Apr 30
Total Receipts: $152.99
PayPal Fees: $8.68
Net Balance: $144.31
Below Goal: $155.69
Site Currency: USD
48%