Multitool.org Forum
+-

Hello Lurker! Remove this ad and much more by logging in.

What did you just get?

pfrsantos · 11973 · 451602

pt Offline pfrsantos

• Absolute Zombie Club
  • Oxygen and magnesium toghether?! OMg!
Re: What did you just get?
Reply #11550 on: March 03, 2023, 06:48:51 PM
It was quite hard to stop it in the right moment..
No, you got the scissors as back tools.

I don't have OCD, I have OCDEFGHIJKLMNOPQRSTUVWXYZ.

I'd give my right arm to be ambidextrous.

Eff the ineffable, scrut the inscrutable.

IYCRTYSWTMTFOT

us Offline BIG-TARGET

• No Life Club
  • "Survival must be earned"-Klingon Proverb
Reply #11551 on: March 03, 2023, 07:28:44 PM
The custom mini composition notebooks are done and on there way..
JR
Nice😉👍
"Some rise by sin, and some by virtue fall;
 Some run from breaks of ice, and answer none:
 And some condemned for a fault alone." -William Shakespeare, King Lear (1608), Act IV, scene 6, line 169

se Offline kottskrapa

• No Life Club
Reply #11552 on: March 03, 2023, 07:45:06 PM
No, you got the scissors as back tools.

(Image removed from quote.)

:facepalm: I was so happy I manage to buy it I didn't event think about that  :oops:

us Offline Aloha

• Global Moderator
  • Point Of No Return
Reply #11553 on: March 03, 2023, 09:17:45 PM
Very cool.  The younger you would be so impressed.  You made it happen.   :salute: 
Esse Quam Videri

fr Offline m47mu74nt

• No Life Club
Reply #11554 on: March 05, 2023, 09:31:47 AM
 :like: :like: :like: :like: :like:
Meet me also on youtube & instagram for mostly knives (and multitools) content

fr Offline m47mu74nt

• No Life Club
Reply #11555 on: March 05, 2023, 09:36:24 AM
bought a 3rd Signal, but hey, it's for a gift to a good friend.. so does that really count?

* LM_Signal (3).jpg (Filesize: 193.8 KB)
Meet me also on youtube & instagram for mostly knives (and multitools) content

us Offline HarleyXJGuy

• Absolutely No Life Club
Reply #11556 on: March 05, 2023, 07:32:39 PM
Nope.

fi Offline old Lefty

• No Life Club
  • Brick Bradford of multitool universe
Reply #11557 on: March 08, 2023, 06:19:38 PM
Not a tool I would use but more look at. Where I live there are a hardware store that has been around for 111 years and has been run by the same family the whole time. But I saw an ad about a week ago that they are closing and they would sell everything with discount starting Wednesday this week. I had previously been in there trying to buy a victorinox display knife but at the time they didn't want to sell it. The reason I was in there asking about it was that they had removed it from the window and I gave it a shot if they wasn't using it anymore

I grew up looking at this huge knife always wanted one of my own and now when they where closing down I asked them again and gave a bid. They said they would think about it and today they called me up and said ok. After talking to them for a bit I don't think it was any problem selling it other than finding where they had put it

It's working as it should. Now I just have to convince my wife where it should sit in the house

[ Quoting of attachment images from other messages is not allowed ]
That is great! You must put it on display in your living room. Failing that, bedroom!

Lähetetty minun SM-T515 laitteesta Tapatalkilla

by this axe I rule

se Offline kottskrapa

• No Life Club
Reply #11558 on: March 09, 2023, 12:30:46 AM
That is great! You must put it on display in your living room. Failing that, bedroom!

Lähetetty minun SM-T515 laitteesta Tapatalkilla

I wanted to put it in the kitchen window but sadly got a no.. So know it's upstairs on some bookshelves and I can live with that.

us Offline MadPlumbarian

• Point Of No Return
  • Plumbers Know Their Crap!!
Reply #11559 on: March 09, 2023, 04:20:35 AM
I just got a custom dinner a little bit ago, the Mrs said I could have anything I wanted because today is my bday, so I thought long and hard and said a grilled cheese! Of course I get the dumbest look as if I’m nuts but I said that’s wright, one of your special grilled cheeses! And well here’s a pic, no that’s not butter like most people use it’s mayo, but not your fridge door mayo, a very unique one called Gourmaise, it’s mayo but with chipotle in it! Waaaaay back the day after I first met the Mrs she asked me if I wanted anything and she’d make it, she threw a few ideas out and I heard grilled cheese, and I was like yeah yeah, I like them, yet she said to me I make them totally diff I don’t use butter I use mayo! Mayo, eww I’m not going to eat that eww sick! She was like don’t knock it till you’ve tried it, if you don’t like it I’ll eat it and make you something diff, so I was like ok, I’m opening up so whip one up, OMG that was the best grilled cheese I had ever had, and she knew it with the look on my face, and without me saying anything she said “I’ll make you another”, like they say “the way to a man’s heart is through his stomach”! Heck yeah, so tonight I had her make me a little something old school and simple since she’s a little rough, and that mayo is my mayo, it’s great, and just like on a grilled cheese it adds flavor but doesn’t it gives a little kick with it! Perfect! So that’s what I just got, oh besides the huge box of Swedish fish candy that came in today and I’m sure the kid will be trying to attempt on bringing me home something, we’ll see,,
JR
"The-Mad-Plumbarian" The Punisher Of Pipes!!! JR
As I sit on my Crapper Throne in the Reading Room and explode on the Commode, thinking, how my flush beat John’s and Jerry’s pair? Jack’s had to run for the Water Closet yet ended up tripping on a Can bowing and hitting his Head on the Porcelain God! 🚽

se Offline kottskrapa

• No Life Club
Reply #11560 on: March 09, 2023, 01:34:22 PM
Happy birthday JR!

ie Offline McStitchy

• Global Moderator
  • Zombie Apprentice
Reply #11561 on: March 09, 2023, 03:01:14 PM
Happy Birthday JR  :drink:

us Offline pa_strunk

• No Life Club
  • MAJ/APA
Reply #11562 on: March 09, 2023, 03:45:25 PM
Happy BDday  :tu:
"Every generation has the obligation to free men's minds for a look at new worlds, to look out from a higher plateau than the last generation." Ellison Onizuka

us Offline MadPlumbarian

• Point Of No Return
Reply #11563 on: March 09, 2023, 03:54:01 PM
Thanks guys,
JR
As I sit on my Crapper Throne in the Reading Room and explode on the Commode, thinking, how my flush beat John’s and Jerry’s pair? Jack’s had to run for the Water Closet yet ended up tripping on a Can bowing and hitting his Head on the Porcelain God! 🚽

gb Offline SurgeUk

• Global Moderator
Reply #11564 on: March 09, 2023, 04:16:19 PM
Happy birthday JR. Hope you're having a great day  :cheers: :drink:
They don't like it up 'em!

se Offline kottskrapa

• No Life Club
Reply #11565 on: March 09, 2023, 04:38:28 PM
So my wife asked me to buy a pink classic sd because her coworker borrows my wife's at least once every week to fix her nails. This coworker are supposed to start working somewhere else after the spring and wanted to gift her one of her own. Said and done it arrived today. Can't miss a chance to spread the SAK love

20230309_154943.jpg
* 20230309_154943.jpg (Filesize: 309.89 KB)

pt Offline pfrsantos

• Absolute Zombie Club
Reply #11566 on: March 09, 2023, 06:32:12 PM
Happy birthday, JR! Those look  :drool: :drool: :drool: :drool:

:cheers: :salute:

IYCRTYSWTMTFOT

pt Offline pfrsantos

• Absolute Zombie Club
Reply #11567 on: March 09, 2023, 06:32:40 PM
So my wife asked me to buy a pink classic sd because her coworker borrows my wife's at least once every week to fix her nails. This coworker are supposed to start working somewhere else after the spring and wanted to gift her one of her own. Said and done it arrived today. Can't miss a chance to spread the SAK love

[ Quoting of attachment images from other messages is not allowed ]

Nice gift!

:tu: :tu:

IYCRTYSWTMTFOT

us Offline Farmer X

• Master of the unexciting
Reply #11568 on: March 10, 2023, 10:52:55 AM
Today is my bday...
Hope you had a great one. That grilled cheese sounds amazing!

I recently fished a Camillus 27 out of a shallow spot in the Bay. It's gonna be a project. I haven't decided if the screwdriver will be turned into a Wharncliffe blade or deleted. But the Delrin is going to be replaced with Micarta. As for the rust..well, it is a Michigan knife. :D

27 Received 8 March 2023 (1).jpg
* 27 Received 8 March 2023 (1).jpg (Filesize: 120.16 KB)

27 Received 8 March 2023 (2).jpg
* 27 Received 8 March 2023 (2).jpg (Filesize: 92.91 KB)

27 Received 8 March 2023 (3).jpg
* 27 Received 8 March 2023 (3).jpg (Filesize: 113.38 KB)

27 Received 8 March 2023 (4).jpg
* 27 Received 8 March 2023 (4).jpg (Filesize: 111.16 KB)
USN 2000-2006

Afflicted with Alox-Pox and seeking the cure: more Alox!

us Offline Farmer X

Reply #11569 on: March 10, 2023, 10:54:29 AM
Some photos of the damage to the new 27's screwdriver...

27 Received 8 March 2023 (5).jpg
* 27 Received 8 March 2023 (5).jpg (Filesize: 108.97 KB)

27 Received 8 March 2023 (6).jpg
* 27 Received 8 March 2023 (6).jpg (Filesize: 93.81 KB)
USN 2000-2006

pt Offline pfrsantos

• Absolute Zombie Club
Reply #11570 on: March 10, 2023, 01:23:10 PM

:ahhh :ahhh :ahhh :ahhh

IYCRTYSWTMTFOT

us Offline MadPlumbarian

• Point Of No Return
Reply #11571 on: March 10, 2023, 03:18:09 PM
Hope you had a great one. That grilled cheese sounds amazing!

I recently fished a Camillus 27 out of a shallow spot in the Bay. It's gonna be a project. I haven't decided if the screwdriver will be turned into a Wharncliffe blade or deleted. But the Delrin is going to be replaced with Micarta. As for the rust..well, it is a Michigan knife. :D
Thanks and it was,
Nice find, going to need a little work but a nice clean up and it will turn into a nice pocket knife!
JR

us Offline Aloha

• Global Moderator
  • Point Of No Return

ie Offline McStitchy

• Global Moderator
  • Zombie Apprentice
Reply #11573 on: March 11, 2023, 10:23:21 AM
That Camillus looks like a good find for a project. The knife blade is in great shape and I think some new micarta covers in blue would be nice.

But then there is the screwed driver! Usually my first thought is to shape it into an awl. Although, if you remove just that horribly ground area you could shape it into a package opener too  :think:

I'm loking forward to your workings there....

:popcorn:

us Offline ToolJoe

• No Life Club
Reply #11574 on: March 12, 2023, 03:16:18 PM
Happy Birthday JR!
I knew my wife was a keeper when she transitioned from calling it a knife thingy to a multi-tool.

I might be crazy but it's kept me from going insane- Waylon Jennings

us Offline MadPlumbarian

• Point Of No Return
Reply #11575 on: March 12, 2023, 03:41:41 PM

us Offline GA1dad

• No Life Club
Reply #11576 on: March 12, 2023, 07:10:19 PM
I just got a custom dinner a little bit ago, the Mrs said I could have anything I wanted because today is my bday, so I thought long and hard and said a grilled cheese! Of course I get the dumbest look as if I’m nuts but I said that’s wright, one of your special grilled cheeses! And well here’s a pic, no that’s not butter like most people use it’s mayo, but not your fridge door mayo, a very unique one called Gourmaise, it’s mayo but with chipotle in it! Waaaaay back the day after I first met the Mrs she asked me if I wanted anything and she’d make it, she threw a few ideas out and I heard grilled cheese, and I was like yeah yeah, I like them, yet she said to me I make them totally diff I don’t use butter I use mayo! Mayo, eww I’m not going to eat that eww sick! She was like don’t knock it till you’ve tried it, if you don’t like it I’ll eat it and make you something diff, so I was like ok, I’m opening up so whip one up, OMG that was the best grilled cheese I had ever had, and she knew it with the look on my face, and without me saying anything she said “I’ll make you another”, like they say “the way to a man’s heart is through his stomach”! Heck yeah, so tonight I had her make me a little something old school and simple since she’s a little rough, and that mayo is my mayo, it’s great, and just like on a grilled cheese it adds flavor but doesn’t it gives a little kick with it! Perfect! So that’s what I just got, oh besides the huge box of Swedish fish candy that came in today and I’m sure the kid will be trying to attempt on bringing me home something, we’ll see,,
JR

Dang cool presentation of the grilled cheese!!! Clearly your wife is a special woman!  :tu:  I too use mayo on grilled sammiches.

And most of all,,, Happy Belated Birthda :salute:y!!
Jason - N4RBZ- A Harley can get you through times of no money better than money can get you through times of no Harley____O~`o__

us Offline MadPlumbarian

• Point Of No Return
Reply #11577 on: March 12, 2023, 08:04:51 PM
Dang cool presentation of the grilled cheese!!! Clearly your wife is a special woman!  :tu:  I too use mayo on grilled sammiches.

And most of all,,, Happy Belated Birthda :salute:y!!
Well, you just got a smile from her,,
Thanks..
JR

us Offline nate j

• No Life Club
Reply #11578 on: March 12, 2023, 11:02:47 PM
I recently fished a Camillus 27 out of a shallow spot in the Bay. It's gonna be a project. I haven't decided if the screwdriver will be turned into a Wharncliffe blade or deleted.

I wonder if the screwdriver is hard enough to make a suitable knife blade?  I would expect it to be hardened, but probably to a lower hardness than the knife blade…

us Offline Farmer X

Reply #11579 on: March 13, 2023, 03:02:43 AM
Nice find, going to need a little work but a nice clean up and it will turn into a nice pocket knife!
Thanks! :cheers:

I'm loking forward to your workings there....
I think I've worked out everything except what sort of Micarta to use and who's gonna do the work.

I wonder if the screwdriver is hard enough to make a suitable knife blade?  I would expect it to be hardened, but probably to a lower hardness than the knife blade…
I don't know what the screwdriver's hardness is, nor how I'd test it. But they have been turned into sheepsfoot/Wharncliffe blades (sort of like the electrician's blade you see on a few SAKs), punches, and even cap lifters.
USN 2000-2006

Donations

Operational Funds

Help us keep the Unworkable working!
Donate with PayPal!
April Goal: $300.00
Due Date: Apr 30
Total Receipts: $152.99
PayPal Fees: $8.68
Net Balance: $144.31
Below Goal: $155.69
Site Currency: USD
48%