Multitool.org Forum
+-

Hello Lurker! Remove this ad and much more by logging in.

What did you just get?

pfrsantos · 11973 · 451880

se Offline RF52

• Absolutely No Life Club
Re: What did you just get?
Reply #3900 on: December 20, 2017, 07:58:39 PM

Nix's gift arrived!   :woohoo:

(Image removed from quote.)

This ZT truly is machined perfection, all the things you hear about them are now obviously true!
It feels wonderful in the hand, like tailor made... and in the pocket, this clip is so well done  ::)

opens as if it were on glass, smoothness only achievable by all that engineering going on and moving with the precision of a Swiss watch. It locks with a satisfying clack, engaging the RIL without any gap and with a feel of authority.  :o
This one won't fail on you, unlike most budget frame/linerlocks you may find out there.

textured scales, made so grippy and still so pretty, not tearing your skin but reassuring your grip.
The rounded flipper tab makes for a comfortable guard apart from being a simply clever -and very fun- opening method. It gets addicting, you'll know it when you have a flipper so well built on your hand.  :cheers:
The blade shape is an ideal jack of all trades, and while it won't be a Opinel in slicing capabilities and finesse cutting,  :D  the cleverly designed grind and  high technology Elmax steel will lend themselves to do most tasks and cover your cutting needs, be them tactical, practical or fantastical

and yes, yes "don't use your knife as a prybar...", but I assure you this blade, grind and stock... :ahhh
ZTs are often touted as heavy duty folders, and by the feel and materials on this one, in addition to the way it's built... :2tu:

and all that was given to me without asking me anything in return. Nix, you pulled off an unexpected and incredible one with this   :drink:
You rule!!!!  :clap:

Have a very nice day you all!  :salute:
That is one great gift!

Sent fra min FRD-L09 via Tapatalk

es Offline ThePeacent

• Zombie Apprentice
  • Firm believer of Sturgeon's Law
Reply #3901 on: December 21, 2017, 04:59:09 PM
first walk outside with the pretty new guy    :multi:

My toys:

MTs: Surge (2x), Skeletool CX, Rebar, Blast, Fuse, Micra, Squirt (3x), Wave, Crunch, Mini, Spirit (2x), Pro Scout, MP700 (2x), Diesel, Powerlock, PowerPlier (2x), PocketPowerPlier, Blacktip , ST6 (2x), 5WR, A100

SAKs: Bantam, Executive, Ambassador, Minichamp, Classic Alox, Champion, Farmer, Explorer, Swisschamp, Golf Tool, Wenger Champ, EVO 52, Pocket Tool Chest

us Offline MadPlumbarian

• Point Of No Return
  • Plumbers Know Their Crap!!
Reply #3902 on: December 22, 2017, 12:10:51 AM
More like give rather then get, we’re doing a gift exchange this year, everybody makes a little something then puts it in a gift pile, then everyone grabs a number to go in order to pick a gift, first one grabs one and unwrap it, then the second one either unwraps another or steals the one the first got, and so on, but, the same gift can only be stolen twice than it stays, and if you get stolen from you get to go get another or steal another, anyway I made a Rx of chill pills, I think it was a jar of cheese dip, anyway I painted the lid, and dumped some candy in..
JR

Let me know what you think?
"The-Mad-Plumbarian" The Punisher Of Pipes!!! JR
As I sit on my Crapper Throne in the Reading Room and explode on the Commode, thinking, how my flush beat John’s and Jerry’s pair? Jack’s had to run for the Water Closet yet ended up tripping on a Can bowing and hitting his Head on the Porcelain God! 🚽

us Offline Douglas

• No Life Club
Reply #3903 on: December 22, 2017, 02:40:38 AM
 :climber:
More like give rather then get, we’re doing a gift exchange this year, everybody makes a little something then puts it in a gift pile, then everyone grabs a number to go in order to pick a gift, first one grabs one and unwrap it, then the second one either unwraps another or steals the one the first got, and so on, but, the same gift can only be stolen twice than it stays, and if you get stolen from you get to go get another or steal another, anyway I made a Rx of chill pills, I think it was a jar of cheese dip, anyway I painted the lid, and dumped some candy in..
JR

:like:
We call that a "White Elephant" gift exchage here.  I could use a whole palett of those Chill Pills.  Got any more.  :rofl:
"LOGIC!  My God, the man's talking about logic!  We're talking about Universal Armageddon!"
Dr.  McCoy

MTo...The BEST place on Earth!

us Offline MadPlumbarian

• Point Of No Return
Reply #3904 on: December 22, 2017, 02:46:21 AM
JR

We call that a "White Elephant" gift exchage here.  I could use a whole palett of those Chill Pills.  Got any more.  :rofl:
Yeah that’s what it’s called, I didn’t remember what it’s called, and I’m sure not everyone on here knows what it is. But sorry that’s all the chill pills I got, why you need a chill pill or want what they really are?
JR
As I sit on my Crapper Throne in the Reading Room and explode on the Commode, thinking, how my flush beat John’s and Jerry’s pair? Jack’s had to run for the Water Closet yet ended up tripping on a Can bowing and hitting his Head on the Porcelain God! 🚽

us Offline Douglas

• No Life Club
Reply #3905 on: December 22, 2017, 02:51:33 AM
Just got a very special package, from a very special person, with very special contents, from a very special place on the other side of the Globe.
20171221_191517[7944].jpg
* 20171221_191517[7944].jpg (Filesize: 215.28 KB)
20171221_191600_001[7943].jpg
* 20171221_191600_001[7943].jpg (Filesize: 257.61 KB)
"LOGIC!  My God, the man's talking about logic!  We're talking about Universal Armageddon!"
Dr.  McCoy

us Offline MadPlumbarian

• Point Of No Return
Reply #3906 on: December 22, 2017, 02:52:52 AM
Nice :tu:
JR

us Offline Douglas

• No Life Club
Reply #3907 on: December 22, 2017, 02:56:54 AM
JR

Yeah that’s what it’s called, I didn’t remember what it’s called, and I’m sure not everyone on here knows what it is. But sorry that’s all the chill pills I got, why you need a chill pill or want what they really are?
JR
They would be for my customers.  Most are restaraunt Managers.  Managing people is bad enough, try the average restaraunt employee.  Some are truely spectacular and those are not the ones I am refering to.  If we have any Food Service Managers on here they can elaborate.  Some of the stories might be entertaining. 
Dr.  McCoy

us Offline MadPlumbarian

• Point Of No Return
Reply #3908 on: December 22, 2017, 03:03:08 AM
JR

JR
They would be for my customers.  Most are restaraunt Managers.  Managing people is bad enough, try the average restaraunt employee.  Some are truely spectacular and those are not the ones I am refering to.  If we have any Food Service Managers on here they can elaborate.  Some of the stories might be entertaining.
I think that would go for any manager! No matter what field, plumbing electrical, food, or store! The heck with a chill pill they need a baseball bat, lol..
JR

us Offline Douglas

• No Life Club
Reply #3909 on: December 22, 2017, 03:05:28 AM
 :tu:  :like:  :twak:  :rofl: :rofl:
Dr.  McCoy

us Offline MadPlumbarian

• Point Of No Return
Reply #3910 on: December 22, 2017, 03:27:04 AM

pt Offline pfrsantos

• Absolute Zombie Club
  • Oxygen and magnesium toghether?! OMg!
Reply #3911 on: December 22, 2017, 02:11:49 PM
Just got a very special package, from a very special person, with very special contents, from a very special place on the other special side of the Globe.

FTFY...

:whistle:

I don't have OCD, I have OCDEFGHIJKLMNOPQRSTUVWXYZ.

I'd give my right arm to be ambidextrous.

Eff the ineffable, scrut the inscrutable.

IYCRTYSWTMTFOT

pt Offline pfrsantos

• Absolute Zombie Club
  • Oxygen and magnesium toghether?! OMg!
Reply #3912 on: December 22, 2017, 02:14:00 PM
I just got myself something fidgety. Just a few bicycle chain links. Been trying to get one for some time but only recently did I manage to get it. Pretty cool, still trying to decide if I'll leave it at work or carry it with me as EDC.

:think: :think:

Nitecore for size reference.
Fidget 1.jpg
* Fidget 1.jpg (Filesize: 323.13 KB)
Fidget 2.jpg
* Fidget 2.jpg (Filesize: 94.56 KB)

I don't have OCD, I have OCDEFGHIJKLMNOPQRSTUVWXYZ.

I'd give my right arm to be ambidextrous.

Eff the ineffable, scrut the inscrutable.

IYCRTYSWTMTFOT

id Offline jaya_man

• Global Moderator
Reply #3913 on: December 23, 2017, 04:03:31 PM
OC+ Black Pioneer

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

00 Offline MTG

Reply #3914 on: December 23, 2017, 09:23:00 PM
I'm having some technical difficulties  :whistle:

Thank you Z.
« Last Edit: December 23, 2017, 09:53:19 PM by MTG »

nz Offline zoidberg

• Global Moderator
  • Point Of No Return
Reply #3915 on: December 23, 2017, 09:48:09 PM
« Last Edit: December 23, 2017, 09:50:27 PM by zoidberg »

00 Offline WWW

• No Life Club
Reply #3916 on: December 24, 2017, 01:48:33 AM
I just snagged this off Ebay and I dun even know what this is! But I am excited for it to arrive. Looks like a SOG Q3 concept! And it just about $10 shipping included!

Nice find! Very interesting, when it arrive post some pics and your opinions about it.

us Offline gregpost

Reply #3917 on: December 24, 2017, 01:54:36 AM
 RangerGrip79 in red. I like that it's basically the same knife but just different enough that it compliments the other I already have. Also like the red over the green.

Also got the Mora heavy duty companion. Really like the bright orange. Still prefer the old style Robust which seems to be the same knife as these but had a blue/grey color.

« Last Edit: December 24, 2017, 01:55:44 AM by gregpost »

england Offline Kev D

Reply #3918 on: December 25, 2017, 09:02:00 PM
No multi's for xmas. Lots of scotchbrite wheels for my dremel, and a new walking stick, the cold steel lucky dragon

wales Offline Smashie

• Smurf it!
Reply #3919 on: December 25, 2017, 10:03:18 PM
No multi's for xmas. Lots of scotchbrite wheels for my dremel, and a new walking stick, the cold steel lucky dragon

Nice stick "snigger"  :ahhh :rofl:
“Strong minds discuss ideas, average minds discuss events, weak minds discuss people.” - Socrates
"I'm not feeling very talky today, off you smurf". - Smashie
Complaining is mental preparation for failure.
Si vis pacem, para bellum

us Offline MadPlumbarian

• Point Of No Return
Reply #3920 on: December 25, 2017, 10:47:55 PM

Nice stick!
JR

us Offline MadPlumbarian

• Point Of No Return
Reply #3921 on: December 25, 2017, 11:53:18 PM
The older kid bought mom two candles and a bath bomb? Just drop it in the water? But he bought me a smaller multitool form Cabela’s :D
JR

us Offline MusicMen

• No Life Club
  • 21 Badges for Eagle
Reply #3922 on: December 26, 2017, 01:07:54 AM
The older kid bought mom two candles and a bath bomb? Just drop it in the water? But he bought me a smaller multitool form Cabela’s :D
JR
You have a great family. Make sure you take time to enjoy being with them. 
BUCK: X-Tract, 360
GERBER: Clutch, Shortcut, Dime*, DimE*, Octane & Crucial FAST
MP600 NN, CentreDrive, Grappler
Diesel*, Nickle*, Bullrush, MP600 BN, Flik & MP600DET* all in BO
LEATHERMAN: Skeletool, Style PS, CS, ES* & Style*, Juice S2(X2), SC2, C2, Pro, XE6
Crunch, MTO Style CS, Sideclip, BO Kick*
SOG: PowerAccess, Blacktip*, HD PPP
VICTORINOX: SwissTool Std, X(CS), & RS all with red logo, Spirit XBS
*=mod

us Offline MadPlumbarian

• Point Of No Return
Reply #3923 on: December 26, 2017, 03:17:14 AM
JR
You have a great family. Make sure you take time to enjoy being with them.
Thank you, this little family is very tight! With all the problems that we’ve encountered it’s just brought us closer..

I’m going to guess but you like music? What type and do you play any? The older son got into 6string, but just ordered a sax. That has always been one of my fav and now he’s going to be trying his hand at it. I myself would like to try harmonica, I have one with a few books but just don’t know..
JR

us Offline G-Dizzle

• No Life Club
Reply #3924 on: December 26, 2017, 07:33:32 AM
Among other amazing Christmas presents

es Offline ThePeacent

• Zombie Apprentice
Reply #3925 on: December 26, 2017, 12:59:02 PM
small, cheap SAK at the last flea market of the Year in town

My toys:

MTs: Surge (2x), Skeletool CX, Rebar, Blast, Fuse, Micra, Squirt (3x), Wave, Crunch, Mini, Spirit (2x), Pro Scout, MP700 (2x), Diesel, Powerlock, PowerPlier (2x), PocketPowerPlier, Blacktip , ST6 (2x), 5WR, A100

SAKs: Bantam, Executive, Ambassador, Minichamp, Classic Alox, Champion, Farmer, Explorer, Swisschamp, Golf Tool, Wenger Champ, EVO 52, Pocket Tool Chest

es Offline ThePeacent

• Zombie Apprentice
Reply #3926 on: December 26, 2017, 03:57:05 PM

and the latest, these Chinese $2 folder and $4 screwdriver set that arrived in the mail, also unexpectedly (I ordered them 62 days ago)  :ahhh

My toys:

us Offline G-Dizzle

• No Life Club
Reply #3927 on: December 26, 2017, 04:36:54 PM

us Offline cody6268

Reply #3928 on: December 26, 2017, 06:39:52 PM

and the latest, these Chinese $2 folder and $4 screwdriver set that arrived in the mail, also unexpectedly (I ordered them 62 days ago)  :ahhh

Good luck with that knife. I had one that I bought in Scouts, and it didn't last long (provided, it was $1.50).

us Offline MadPlumbarian

• Point Of No Return
Reply #3929 on: December 26, 2017, 11:12:46 PM
The Mrs jacket just came in, she’s been wearing layers cause it got cold but also since she lost weight her other one is way too big. She just wanted something heavy duty and that would keep her warm, so I got her one that would do it’s job, a military M65 field jacket.. has the liner and I got the extreme hood! I buttoned it in and had her try it on so I could adjust it and well, after about 2min she was complaining, not about it but that she was getting HOT. I guess I got the right one then, lol..
JR

Donations

Operational Funds

Help us keep the Unworkable working!
Donate with PayPal!
April Goal: $300.00
Due Date: Apr 30
Total Receipts: $158.99
PayPal Fees: $9.20
Net Balance: $149.79
Below Goal: $150.21
Site Currency: USD
50%