Multitool.org Forum
+-

Hello Lurker! Remove this ad and much more by logging in.

What did you just get?

pfrsantos · 11973 · 451446

us Offline MadPlumbarian

• Point Of No Return
  • Plumbers Know Their Crap!!
Re: What did you just get?
Reply #8670 on: May 15, 2020, 05:59:58 PM
Have you checked the interwebs for those coins' dates? Maybe you have a rare one, worth some serious money.

:pok: :pok:
There’s a couple good ones but I don’t think anything serious,
JR
"The-Mad-Plumbarian" The Punisher Of Pipes!!! JR
As I sit on my Crapper Throne in the Reading Room and explode on the Commode, thinking, how my flush beat John’s and Jerry’s pair? Jack’s had to run for the Water Closet yet ended up tripping on a Can bowing and hitting his Head on the Porcelain God! 🚽

gb Offline Wspeed

• Just Bananas
Reply #8671 on: May 15, 2020, 06:12:04 PM
Got these today, i wanted really long time Pioneer X and i finally pulled trigger for it. Also got second  dual sharpener.

(Image removed from quote.)

Pioneer X is my first 93mm.

Only Tools Matters
Nice ones Antti  :like: :tu:
fail to prepare prepare to fail

fi Offline Antti Lammi

• No Life Club
  • Only Tools Matters
Reply #8672 on: May 15, 2020, 06:16:57 PM
Thanks SurgeUk and Wspeed.
Played bit with it and noticed that nail nick is on other side than usual, just taking moment to get use to it.

Only Tools Matters

us Offline MadPlumbarian

• Point Of No Return
Reply #8673 on: May 15, 2020, 06:29:34 PM
Well, the Mrs went for a walk by herself yesterday and found another tennis ball, and today we both went for a walk and I spotted two tennis balls so since the other ones dry and these are drying from being washed so the dog got the one from yesterday, idk what we’re up to finding min 5, so maybe 6-7? But he loves them! We want to do that trick where you take as many as you can get and hang them in a net from the ceiling, then have a toy attached at the bottom, so when they tug on the toy it releases ALL the balls in the net on top of them and see what he does..
JR
As I sit on my Crapper Throne in the Reading Room and explode on the Commode, thinking, how my flush beat John’s and Jerry’s pair? Jack’s had to run for the Water Closet yet ended up tripping on a Can bowing and hitting his Head on the Porcelain God! 🚽

us Offline MadPlumbarian

• Point Of No Return
Reply #8674 on: May 15, 2020, 10:37:57 PM
I snooped around and think I found all of his tennis balls, now the orange ones we had along with one of the two older green, so that leaves six others that we found!
JR

us Offline SteveC

• Global Moderator
  • Just Bananas
Reply #8675 on: May 16, 2020, 05:58:07 AM
A new computer  :tu:

us Offline MadPlumbarian

• Point Of No Return
Reply #8676 on: May 16, 2020, 05:59:37 AM
A new computer  :tu:
:woohoo:
Now what are you going to do on it besides come on here? :think:
JR

gb Offline Wspeed

• Just Bananas
Reply #8677 on: May 16, 2020, 02:08:07 PM
None of your business  :rofl:

us Offline MadPlumbarian

• Point Of No Return
Reply #8678 on: May 16, 2020, 05:17:23 PM
None of your business  :rofl:
Your bad
JR

gb Offline Wspeed

• Just Bananas
Reply #8679 on: May 16, 2020, 05:28:54 PM
Sorry JR I couldn’t help myself  :D

us Offline MadPlumbarian

• Point Of No Return
Reply #8680 on: May 17, 2020, 09:38:56 PM
Went for a walk, and look what we found,, :whistle:
So of course brought it home and cleaned it up, the Mrs said I think we should be called “The Tennis Ball Bandits”  :facepalm:
But Dex will be happy come tomorrow when he gets another added to his pile, lol
JR

gb Offline SurgeUk

• Global Moderator
  • Absolutely No Life Club
Reply #8681 on: May 18, 2020, 02:51:50 PM
Afternoon all.
I have just got my "used" Brass GPT (that's all there was within the UK) from the "Bay of Fleas"  :mail:

I say used because that's how it was described and whilst it has some marks, there's no real signs of use.

All it cost me was £20, which is considerably less than new, and as I've never had one before it seemed a good deal for a try-out.

It's a lot smaller than I thought (despite reading the specs) so I might be the market for the XL version if I can find one at reasonable price, which effectively rules out shipping from the US  ::)

Anyway, here's a couple of pic's... :tu: 
GPT 20a.jpg
* GPT 20a.jpg (Filesize: 125.83 KB)
GPT & PX 20a.jpg
* GPT & PX 20a.jpg (Filesize: 170.98 KB)
They don't like it up 'em!

us Offline WECSOG

Reply #8682 on: May 18, 2020, 04:34:15 PM
Ontario 8514. Not here yet but it's on its way!
That is the heavy duty machete with a .188 inch thick, 18 inch blade of 1095 steel. Designed by Blackie Collins, I believe.
That's pretty hard for a machete, most of which are in the range of 1045-1075. So I will have to avoid rocks and such. That's ok though; I have Marble's machetes for applications where it might meet the ground at speed.

us Offline MadPlumbarian

• Point Of No Return
Reply #8683 on: May 22, 2020, 07:05:25 PM
“The Tennis Ball Bandits“ Strike again! Ha ha,, we spotted one in the court but then saw on the outside, but as I was walking the court, there was another on the inside of the track, which meant we had to walk allll around the fields then I had to walk back to the other end where the court was, and grabbed the one ball but then spotted another, and as I was walking out, spotted another, so I believe this makes a total of 16!
JR

za Offline Max Stone

Reply #8684 on: May 26, 2020, 04:43:37 PM
Knipex Cobra 125mm. Joins my 180mm version which was already small. 180mm lives in my lightweight home/car toolbox and 125mm will be EDC. But I need to find (or make) a suitable belt sheath.  :think:

Amazing capability for such a small size...only 85g makes it even lighter than my Explorer, which is 100g.  :salute:
Education is a journey that starts when you realize that knowing a little about something opens the door to the universe.

nl Offline Reinier

• Zombie Apprentice
  • \o/
Reply #8685 on: May 26, 2020, 04:48:07 PM
Knipex Cobra 125mm. Joins my 180mm version which was already small. 180mm lives in my lightweight home/car toolbox and 125mm will be EDC. But I need to find (or make) a suitable belt sheath.  :think:

Nice Cobra Max. I really like them, you can't go wrong with a Knipex.

Amazing capability for such a small size...

Show content

:facepalm:

You should seriously visit vicfan.com. All the hoopy froods are doing it.

gb Offline Wspeed

• Just Bananas
Reply #8686 on: May 26, 2020, 04:56:22 PM
 :rofl: :facepalm:

us Offline ChopperCharles

• No Life Club
Reply #8687 on: May 26, 2020, 08:08:35 PM
I'm really enjoying my SOG PowerAccess. I do believe it will be replacing my Gerber Octane for my lightweight EDC. But I dunno, I do love that Octane, so maybe I'll split the time once the shine wears off the new tool. This is the first SOG I've had where I don't feel like the design was stupid or in some way compromised. The tool load-out makes sense, and everything works as it should. The cutters are amazing, the compound leverage is really slick, the pocket clip is great, and the file works well. It's not the most comfortable tool in the hand, but it's loads better than the Gerber Suspension NXT, which is actually painful to use. The compound leverage pliers I thought were just a gimmick, same with the bitdriver in the backside of the plier jaw. But... damn if i haven't used and loved both of those features regularly in just the week I've owned it. The compound leverage does limit the size of the nut I can grab, but they can put so much force onto a workpiece that I will forgive them that. To compare with my Octane, the splay is *just* within the usable range when the SOG is opened the same distance as the Octane's max opening. So, I'm not really losing much. Lightweight tools like this aren't meant to grip anything too large, so I think this is acceptable. The bit driver... just genius. I pair it with a cheap extension to get a little more reach, and it's really useful. Unlike reviews for other tools, I don't feel like I have to bear down with all my might to keep the bit from spinning in the tool. It's just a comfortable, easy use. It's no Center Drive, but it's actually supremely useful, and takes up ZERO handle space. That is worth a lot to me.

I liked this tool so much, I decided to give a larger SOG a try. I snagged a brand new PowerPlay for $30 on eBay, and it should be here friday.

Charles.

za Offline Max Stone

Reply #8688 on: May 27, 2020, 12:00:05 AM
Thanks Reinier, Wim.  :D and nice score Charles.  :like:
Education is a journey that starts when you realize that knowing a little about something opens the door to the universe.

us Offline Sos24

Reply #8689 on: May 29, 2020, 05:23:49 AM
“The Tennis Ball Bandits“ Strike again! Ha ha,, we spotted one in the court but then saw on the outside, but as I was walking the court, there was another on the inside of the track, which meant we had to walk allll around the fields then I had to walk back to the other end where the court was, and grabbed the one ball but then spotted another, and as I was walking out, spotted another, so I believe this makes a total of 16!
JR

Only fair if people are going to leave them that Dex gets to enjoy them.

Amazing capability for such a small size...only 85g makes it even lighter than my Explorer, which is 100g.  :salute:

Nice tool addition
I'm really enjoying my SOG PowerAccess. I do believe it will be replacing my Gerber Octane for my lightweight EDC. But I dunno, I do love that Octane, so maybe I'll split the time once the shine wears off the new tool. This is the first SOG I've had where I don't feel like the design was stupid or in some way compromised. The tool load-out makes sense, and everything works as it should. The cutters are amazing, the compound leverage is really slick, the pocket clip is great, and the file works well. It's not the most comfortable tool in the hand, but it's loads better than the Gerber Suspension NXT, which is actually painful to use. The compound leverage pliers I thought were just a gimmick, same with the bitdriver in the backside of the plier jaw. But... damn if i haven't used and loved both of those features regularly in just the week I've owned it. The compound leverage does limit the size of the nut I can grab, but they can put so much force onto a workpiece that I will forgive them that. To compare with my Octane, the splay is *just* within the usable range when the SOG is opened the same distance as the Octane's max opening. So, I'm not really losing much. Lightweight tools like this aren't meant to grip anything too large, so I think this is acceptable. The bit driver... just genius. I pair it with a cheap extension to get a little more reach, and it's really useful. Unlike reviews for other tools, I don't feel like I have to bear down with all my might to keep the bit from spinning in the tool. It's just a comfortable, easy use. It's no Center Drive, but it's actually supremely useful, and takes up ZERO handle space. That is worth a lot to me.

I liked this tool so much, I decided to give a larger SOG a try. I snagged a brand new PowerPlay for $30 on eBay, and it should be here friday.

Charles.

Glad your enjoying the PowerAccess and nice score on the PowerPlay

us Offline Sos24

Reply #8690 on: May 29, 2020, 05:26:39 AM
The mailman was kind today.  I got a new flashlight (Lumitop E05C) and a Case Canoe

us Offline SteveC

• Global Moderator
  • Just Bananas
Reply #8691 on: May 29, 2020, 05:44:26 AM
Nice new toys !   :like: :tu:

gb Offline Wspeed

• Just Bananas
Reply #8692 on: May 29, 2020, 02:01:25 PM
 :iagree: :like: :tu:

us Offline SteveC

• Global Moderator
  • Just Bananas
Reply #8693 on: May 29, 2020, 06:14:57 PM
Looks like you'll break 80k today Wim   :o

gb Offline Wspeed

• Just Bananas
Reply #8694 on: May 29, 2020, 06:22:59 PM
Won’t be long  :D

nl Offline Reinier

• Zombie Apprentice
  • \o/
Reply #8695 on: May 29, 2020, 06:45:11 PM
9000 posts in one day is roughly one every 10 seconds which the software doesn't allow :)

gb Offline Wspeed

• Just Bananas
Reply #8696 on: May 29, 2020, 07:19:21 PM
 :rofl:

nl Offline Reinier

• Zombie Apprentice
  • \o/
Reply #8697 on: May 29, 2020, 07:27:48 PM
Maybe Steve read 79,984 instead of 70,984 :)

gb Offline Wspeed

• Just Bananas
Reply #8698 on: May 29, 2020, 09:15:18 PM
Could be  :tu:

us Offline MadPlumbarian

• Point Of No Return
Reply #8699 on: May 30, 2020, 06:38:21 AM
“The Tennis Ball Bandits” strike again! Ha ha,, there was a 2nd but it was popped so a no go,,
I kinda find it funny cause since it’s been hot out I haven’t worn my work shirt and we haven’t found any, yet today it was a little chilly and I put the shirt on and low and behold look what we come home with.. :think:
JR

Donations

Operational Funds

Help us keep the Unworkable working!
Donate with PayPal!
April Goal: $300.00
Due Date: Apr 30
Total Receipts: $152.99
PayPal Fees: $8.68
Net Balance: $144.31
Below Goal: $155.69
Site Currency: USD
48%