Multitool.org Forum
+-

Hello Lurker! Remove this ad and much more by logging in.

What did you just get?

pfrsantos · 11973 · 451393

gb Offline SurgeUk

• Global Moderator
  • Absolutely No Life Club
Re: What did you just get?
Reply #8700 on: May 30, 2020, 03:33:10 PM
Finally.. :mail: :woohoo:

The FX arrives  :D

FX 20a.jpg
* FX 20a.jpg (Filesize: 139.06 KB)
They don't like it up 'em!

gb Offline Wspeed

• Just Bananas
Reply #8701 on: May 30, 2020, 03:34:58 PM
Nice one SurgeUk  :like: :tu:
fail to prepare prepare to fail

gb Offline SurgeUk

• Global Moderator
Reply #8702 on: May 30, 2020, 03:58:44 PM
They don't like it up 'em!

it Offline SirVicaLot

Reply #8703 on: May 31, 2020, 03:32:20 AM
Finally.. :mail: :woohoo:

The FX arrives  :D

Looking good, glad it made it!  :tu:

pr Offline Juan el Boricua

• No Life Club
Reply #8704 on: May 31, 2020, 04:32:31 AM
Received today (or yesterday, depending on your TZ) my new replacement sheath; Gerber CS is wonderfully out of this time! (This is not my first time requesting for warranty/replacements).

Although I had asked for a Gerber 07510G (blunt nose with bit kit) replacement sheath back in April, I received a regular sheath mid May. I immediately sent an email explaining that I needed one that could hold a bit kit, and that  it would be the same as for the Gerber 45200 Tool Kit as an example. Well, today I received this; it is the standard nylon Center Drive sheath, and it holds my blunt nose, bit kit and saw blades perfectly. I like that the material appears to be stronger, a bit more compact, and is less bulky than the original was; reminds me of the newer gen. of Leatherman sheaths, but without the snap. I like that the logo's embroidered directly (as opposed to the MP's which is on a panel and then sewn onto the sheath), and the option to carry either vertically or horizontally. Speaking of which, my only dislike is that the horizontal carry loops are wider than the sheath and are "offcenter" to the sheath's right side, allowing it to "dangle" lower than the belt's edge; I prefer mine "to hug" the belt and be parallel to it.

For now, I'm pleased and happy with it, and wanted to put it here as an alternative for someone looking for a good sheath for a blunt nose... and keeping it all Gerber!

EDIT- oooh, and as a sidenote, they allowed me to keep the first-sent sheath!; Thanks Gerber CS!
20200530_215813_copy_800x794.jpg
* 20200530_215813_copy_800x794.jpg (Filesize: 211.18 KB)
20200530_220145_copy_768x1024.jpg
* 20200530_220145_copy_768x1024.jpg (Filesize: 233.51 KB)
20200530_215720_copy_768x1024.jpg
* 20200530_215720_copy_768x1024.jpg (Filesize: 261.49 KB)
20200530_215651_copy_768x1005.jpg
* 20200530_215651_copy_768x1005.jpg (Filesize: 228.66 KB)
« Last Edit: May 31, 2020, 04:43:47 AM by Juan el Boricua »

gb Offline Wspeed

• Just Bananas
Reply #8705 on: May 31, 2020, 02:07:49 PM
Nice one Juan  :like: :tu:

us Offline Yadda

• No Life Club
  • Lifelike and remarkably self similar
Reply #8706 on: May 31, 2020, 10:04:56 PM
I bought two Woodriver rolling tool bases to put on my table saw and my radial arm saw. One installed the other will be installed next week.
"It didn't hurt, flirt, blood squirt, stuffed shirt, hang me on a tree
After I count down three rounds, in Hell I'll be in good company" -  The Dead South

us Offline MadPlumbarian

• Point Of No Return
  • Plumbers Know Their Crap!!
Reply #8707 on: June 01, 2020, 02:11:42 AM
A little off subject but I got me a recumbent trike, I’ve been after one for idk how long, I was going to build one but I don’t have a welder and can’t because of my seizures thus why I was after the low trike, cause if I was to have one, well, I wouldn’t fall! So this lady remembered me posting a while back and she had one she wasn’t using sitting in her shed and she looked me up and contacted the Mrs, and she skied how much she wanted for it and she said oh no, we want to give it to him, so they dropped it off, needs a little tlc, but we already went for a ride and I had no problems, besides you got to peddle 3 times faster! And since the steering is the rear wheels it’s opposite, so it’s kinda goofy, but fun! Going to have to get one of those milk crates and mount it to the back, or something like that, I can make this work!! Got my cool little flag too, need a MTO flag, lol..
JR
"The-Mad-Plumbarian" The Punisher Of Pipes!!! JR
As I sit on my Crapper Throne in the Reading Room and explode on the Commode, thinking, how my flush beat John’s and Jerry’s pair? Jack’s had to run for the Water Closet yet ended up tripping on a Can bowing and hitting his Head on the Porcelain God! 🚽

• No Life Club
Reply #8708 on: June 01, 2020, 03:46:17 AM
Nice one, MP, looks solid and relatively comfy! By any chance, do you happen to know if it is a Mobo Triton? If you can't get the flag, how about a couple of decals/stickers from  :MTO:!?!?
 All kidding aside, hope you enjoy it, and that it helps you keep in shape. Ride on.

:like:

• No Life Club
Reply #8709 on: June 01, 2020, 03:53:52 AM
Looking at it again, it brings back some very good memories; when my friends were riding their Big Wheels, I was ridding my Green Machine!!! It was also rear-wheel-steering, and since somewhat longer, made a good "drag racing machine"!!

Thanks!!!  :tu: :cheers:

Edit- added picture for the "younger" MT.O'ers to have a reference point. ( and no, I don't have picture of me on it :facepalm: :rofl:)
20200531_215034_copy_900x1000.jpg
* 20200531_215034_copy_900x1000.jpg (Filesize: 221.12 KB)

us Offline MadPlumbarian

• Point Of No Return
Reply #8710 on: June 01, 2020, 04:59:02 AM
Yes it’s a MOBO TRITON PRO, and thanks for the pics because I had one of those above your green machine when was a kid, that was my go everywhere big wheel, only prob was that big wheel and not being free, cause I’d go up to the top of the hill the peddle as fast as I cold then lock my legs, thus wearing the wheel down, over time thump, thump, thump.. my mother ended up having to call the company and they sent a new wheel, all for me to wear it down again :whistle:
But my grandfather made me a box and mounted and it to the back so I could store ad carry stuff around, now I do have a pic but it’s packed away :(
JR
As I sit on my Crapper Throne in the Reading Room and explode on the Commode, thinking, how my flush beat John’s and Jerry’s pair? Jack’s had to run for the Water Closet yet ended up tripping on a Can bowing and hitting his Head on the Porcelain God! 🚽

us Offline SteveC

• Global Moderator
  • Just Bananas
Reply #8711 on: June 01, 2020, 05:41:28 AM
Great score JR !    :like: :tu:

au Offline ReamerPunch

• Thread Killer 2017
  • Zombie Apprentice
  • Born to multitask.
Reply #8712 on: June 01, 2020, 06:48:25 AM
 :mail:
NexTool Mini Flagship! This guy is tiny! :dd:

• No Life Club
Reply #8713 on: June 01, 2020, 08:34:20 AM
Yes it’s a MOBO TRITON PRO, and thanks for the pics because I had one of those above your green machine when was a kid, that was my go everywhere big wheel, only prob was that big wheel and not being free, cause I’d go up to the top of the hill the peddle as fast as I cold then lock my legs, thus wearing the wheel down, over time thump, thump, thump.. my mother ended up having to call the company and they sent a new wheel, all for me to wear it down again :whistle:
But my grandfather made me a box and mounted and it to the back so I could store ad carry stuff around, now I do have a pic but it’s packed away :(
JR

Hahahahaha...those were good memories; and those big wheels were also good as drifters!!
I'd guess that by having the box, you had your first "city/shopper bike!" Congrats again on your Mobo, and enjoy.  :tu:

• No Life Club
Reply #8714 on: June 01, 2020, 08:39:01 AM
That mini looks all business, ReamerPunch, congrats! It's almost a clone to the full size tool.
 :tu:

au Offline ReamerPunch

• Thread Killer 2017
  • Zombie Apprentice
  • Born to multitask.
Reply #8715 on: June 01, 2020, 08:59:45 AM
That mini looks all business, ReamerPunch, congrats! It's almost a clone to the full size tool.
 :tu:

It's so cute! And it only took ten days to arrive! :like:

us Offline Sos24

Reply #8716 on: June 01, 2020, 09:58:07 AM
Looking at it again, it brings back some very good memories; when my friends were riding their Big Wheels, I was ridding my Green Machine!!! It was also rear-wheel-steering, and since somewhat longer, made a good "drag racing machine"!!

Thanks!!!  :tu: :cheers:

Edit- added picture for the "younger" MT.O'ers to have a reference point. ( and no, I don't have picture of me on it :facepalm: :rofl:)

The Green Machine was what I thought of when I saw how the Recumbent Trike steers.  One brother had a Big Wheel and the other had a Green Machine.

us Offline Sos24

Reply #8717 on: June 01, 2020, 09:59:39 AM
:mail:
NexTool Mini Flagship! This guy is tiny! :dd:
(Image removed from quote.)

Compared to the 91mm SAK, It looks even smaller than I thought.

gb Offline Wspeed

• Just Bananas
Reply #8718 on: June 01, 2020, 01:53:22 PM
Nice ones JR and RP :like: :tu:

za Offline Max Stone

Reply #8719 on: June 01, 2020, 04:26:33 PM
A pair of Loki keys for my OG Wave.  :tu:
Education is a journey that starts when you realize that knowing a little about something opens the door to the universe.

gb Offline Wspeed

• Just Bananas
Reply #8720 on: June 01, 2020, 05:56:00 PM
Nice one Max  :like: :tu:

us Offline MadPlumbarian

• Point Of No Return
Reply #8721 on: June 01, 2020, 05:58:02 PM
Hahahahaha...those were good memories; and those big wheels were also good as drifters!!
I'd guess that by having the box, you had your first "city/shopper bike!" Congrats again on your Mobo, and enjoy.  :tu:
Thanks, I got to get a milk crate or something and mount it to the back and hopefully the wheels as they go to turn won’t hit it, mount a water bottle holder smack dab right on that front fender, maybe put some lights and other cool things on it to make it more, cool! 8)
JR

za Offline Max Stone

Reply #8722 on: June 01, 2020, 10:14:48 PM
Education is a journey that starts when you realize that knowing a little about something opens the door to the universe.

us Offline ChopperCharles

• No Life Club
Reply #8723 on: June 01, 2020, 10:19:34 PM
Today I got a Gerber Flick and a Gerber Fit. I like the Fit a lot. It's a cool knife, and I think it will be really useful. Locking 1/4" bit driver with dual-sided bits. Ball-retention for bits, but no magnet (So won't work with the excellent WiHa dual-ended bit selection, but will work with Klein Tools bits and Milwaukee bits with ball retention). Blade is narrow but sharp and long, scissors will cut paracord if I stretch it out, and the micro drivers are cool. This would be a great IT tool, the flashlight (AA battery!!) points down the deployed bitdriver, making this perfect for messing around with a PC chassis or server rack. The only thing it's missing for EDC is a pocket clip. I also prefer plastic scales vs anodized aluminum, as the aluminum shows wear quickly and becomes ugly in short order. Overall, this is a great tool. I'm going to mod a pocket clip to it and be a happy man.

I also snagged a black oxide Gerber Flick off of eBay. I'm less enamored with this tool. I thought I'd love an MP600 with outside opening blades. I was wrong. I prefer the handling and robustness of the MP600. The flick, though bigger than the MP600, is actually less capable. The pliers are actually light duty pliers, closer in construction to the Gerber Octane plier head. They open a little larger than the Octane at the tips, but because the nut jaws are smaller, they actually have less capacity overall. The Octane can turn a larger nut.  Deploying these is annoying, it's not just a flick. It's a flick, and then another flick to get the head to deploy correctly.

The black oxide appears to be only for the frame, and maybe the saw. The rest of the tools appear to either be painted or titanium coated. The scissors in particular are shedding paint, and I can easily scrape more off. It comes off in little flakes. Same with the plier head. It's definitely not black oxide except for the handles.

Overall... I think the Fit is a definite keeper, and the flick is going in the trade bait pile. At least I didn't pay a lot for it.

Charles.

us Offline MadPlumbarian

• Point Of No Return
Reply #8724 on: June 02, 2020, 03:24:04 AM
Quote from: Juan el Boricua
Hey this brought back some good memories! The only thing missing was the block of wood and the sheet of plywood! Weeeeee
JR

us Offline pa_strunk

• No Life Club
  • MAJ/APA
Reply #8725 on: June 02, 2020, 04:08:28 AM
  :iagree:
"Every generation has the obligation to free men's minds for a look at new worlds, to look out from a higher plateau than the last generation." Ellison Onizuka

us Offline SteveC

• Global Moderator
  • Just Bananas
Reply #8726 on: June 02, 2020, 01:35:12 PM
Congrats on the bike JR !

• No Life Club
Reply #8727 on: June 02, 2020, 01:45:02 PM
Quote from: Juan el Boricua
Hey this brought back some good memories! The only thing missing was the block of wood and the sheet of plywood! Weeeeee
JR

:rofl: :rofl: :rofl:  :iagree:  :like:

gb Offline Wspeed

• Just Bananas
Reply #8728 on: June 02, 2020, 02:09:01 PM
 :rofl: :like:

us Offline MadPlumbarian

• Point Of No Return
Reply #8729 on: June 03, 2020, 12:43:43 AM
He he got another,,
JR

Donations

Operational Funds

Help us keep the Unworkable working!
Donate with PayPal!
April Goal: $300.00
Due Date: Apr 30
Total Receipts: $152.99
PayPal Fees: $8.68
Net Balance: $144.31
Below Goal: $155.69
Site Currency: USD
48%