Multitool.org Forum
+-

Hello Lurker! Remove this ad and much more by logging in.

Foursevens Atom AL & A0 Review Videos

us Offline sticktodrum

• Kershaws, Zebralights, SAKs, and Leather Men.
Foursevens Atom AL & A0 Review Videos
on: February 15, 2014, 09:34:51 PM
Hi gents. I spent a fair amount of time with the Atom lights, and put together a couple of review videos of them. The AL and Headlamp kit took the most of my attention, and it's certainly an interesting setup. I compared it to my ZL H502w.

The AL review is fairly long, since it includes the Headlamp kit. The A0 is long for a small light review, but I tend to get chatty. I hope you folks enjoy it.

"If you put Bacardi in my glass again and try to tell me it's rum, I will burn this bar to the ground!"

-A paraphrase of something I read, to which I related strongly.

gb Offline Cupboard

• No Life Club
Re: Foursevens Atom AL & A0 Review Videos
Reply #1 on: February 15, 2014, 11:19:09 PM
Great review  :salute:

Only having 6 and 110lm is quite a big jump on paper, is it actually an issue in real life use?
The headlamp adapter is interesting. You showed it rotating a bit, can you mount it on the front of your head or will it only go on the side?

Including information about the strap tension was really good  :tu: I prefer stretchier ones because it makes it more likely that it will work on my woolly hat without needing adjustments from without-hat wear.

I can see having a magnet in the tail being really useful, I may have to see if I can add one to my H52f.

us Offline Lynn LeFey

• Absolutely No Life Club
  • Any tool is better than nothing. Some not by much
Re: Foursevens Atom AL & A0 Review Videos
Reply #2 on: March 12, 2014, 04:21:42 PM
Thank you for the video reviews!  :tu:

I've had an A0 for a few months now. It's hard to appreciate just how compact that light is without having it in hand. I find the low setting (which I THINK is rated at .25 lm) to be super-useful. I also believe the claim is that the light will run for 5 days on that mode, which could be incredible in emergencies.

As nifty as the little A0 light is, I honestly prefer my P1. I'd like it most if the P1's lowest setting was the same as the ultra-low of the A0, but I can't have everything I want. The A0 is currently getting bed-side duties.

Donations

Operational Funds

Help us keep the Unworkable working!
Donate with PayPal!
April Goal: $300.00
Due Date: Apr 30
Total Receipts: $158.99
PayPal Fees: $9.20
Net Balance: $149.79
Below Goal: $150.21
Site Currency: USD
50%