Multitool.org Forum
+-

Hello Lurker! Remove this ad and much more by logging in.

CyberTool owners thread

sawman · 447 · 59740

wales Offline magentus

• Admin Team
  • Absolute Zombie Club
  • mmmmm SAKrelicious
Re: CyberTool owners thread
Reply #240 on: September 27, 2016, 12:21:31 PM
What's stopping you? :pok: :pok:
What's stopping me is the astronomical price on a brand new one and the lack of availability in the second hand market...

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
How many kidneys do you have J Man?
'Use the force Harry' - Gandalf

id Offline jaya_man

• Global Moderator
  • Absolutely No Life Club
CyberTool owners thread
Reply #241 on: September 27, 2016, 12:28:00 PM
What's stopping me is the astronomical price on a brand new one and the lack of availability in the second hand market...

Hahaha... Don't think I'd go to the extent of selling my kidneys Mags... :cheers:

wales Offline magentus

• Admin Team
  • Absolute Zombie Club
  • mmmmm SAKrelicious
Reply #242 on: September 27, 2016, 12:30:47 PM

Hahaha... Don't think I'd go to the extent of selling my kidneys Mags... :cheers:

Just trying to help. I'm getting by perfectly well with one kidney and a smashing new Spirit. Excuse me, I have to rest a bit now and look at my lovely Spirit.

id Offline jaya_man

• Global Moderator
Reply #243 on: September 27, 2016, 12:32:15 PM

Just trying to help. I'm getting by perfectly well with one kidney and a smashing new Spirit. Excuse me, I have to rest a bit now and look at my lovely Spirit.
Ah. Ah. Ah... wait til you feast your eyes on my newly acquired solo red OC+... :pok: :pok:

wales Offline magentus

• Admin Team
  • Absolute Zombie Club
  • mmmmm SAKrelicious
Reply #244 on: September 27, 2016, 12:52:10 PM

Ah. Ah. Ah... wait til you feast your eyes on my newly acquired solo red OC+... :pok: :pok:

:woohoo:
 :popcorn:

gb Offline Little Tinker

Reply #245 on: September 27, 2016, 07:43:02 PM
Is it correct that the best tools to remove the kidney are Compact for easy slicing, with Huntsman Lite to provide illumination, saw for the tough bits, etc?

And can you use the awl to put stiches in?

id Offline jaya_man

• Global Moderator
Reply #246 on: September 27, 2016, 07:44:01 PM

:woohoo:
 :popcorn:
:cheers:

id Offline jaya_man

• Global Moderator
Reply #247 on: September 27, 2016, 07:49:51 PM
Is it correct that the best tools to remove the kidney are Compact for easy slicing, with Huntsman Lite to provide illumination, saw for the tough bits, etc?

That would be correct in theory... provided no specialized tools are available... And don't forget the hook... need tools to hold incissions wide open and pull out the kidney...

Maybe Mags can confirm this... :pok:

id Offline jaya_man

• Global Moderator
Reply #248 on: September 27, 2016, 07:57:09 PM
Wait, been commenting in this thread. It's only appropriate that I share a pic of my CT34 taken a while back along with the rest of my initial collection of SAKs... Though the Handyman (my first SAK) is not in there... :facepalm:

wales Offline magentus

• Admin Team
  • Absolute Zombie Club
  • mmmmm SAKrelicious
Reply #249 on: September 27, 2016, 08:14:33 PM

That would be correct in theory... provided no specialized tools are available... And don't forget the hook... need tools to hold incissions wide open and pull out the kidney...

I can indeed confirm this. It's one of the few times where the in-line awl is no good. It's also why I fitted Pikachu with a back spring awl as well. Pikachu is my 'go to' knife for organ removal, but it wasn't cheap.

Altogether now, it cost me an arm and a leg!  :facepalm:

id Offline jaya_man

• Global Moderator
Reply #250 on: September 27, 2016, 08:31:31 PM

I can indeed confirm this. It's one of the few times where the in-line awl is no good. It's also why I fitted Pikachu with a back spring awl as well. Pikachu is my 'go to' knife for organ removal, but it wasn't cheap.

Altogether now, it cost me an arm and a leg!  :facepalm:
May Cthulhu reward you well for your sacrifices... :cheers:

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

wales Offline magentus

• Admin Team
  • Absolute Zombie Club
  • mmmmm SAKrelicious
Reply #251 on: September 27, 2016, 10:41:20 PM
you'd think so wouldn't you? All I get is this:
via Imgflip Meme Generator

gb Offline Oxford_Guy

Reply #252 on: September 29, 2016, 12:38:14 AM
Thinking I might actually get a belt pouch for my Cybertool 29, would the standard leather 2-4 layer leather Victorinox pouches be a good fit, not too loose, not too tight? Can't decide on the black or the brown (or even the red...), though am quite attracted to the "distressed" look of the brown pouch:

Brown:

Black:

Or there's this funky red one with a popper rather than velco, but apparently the back of the popper rivet inside the pouch scratches the knife, which is a bit of a fail:

"We broke into Mir using a Swiss Army knife. Never leave the planet without one." - Chris Hadfield, Astronaut

gb Offline Oxford_Guy

Reply #253 on: September 29, 2016, 01:41:08 PM
Thinking I might actually get a belt pouch for my Cybertool 29, would the standard leather 2-4 layer leather Victorinox pouches be a good fit, not too loose, not too tight? Can't decide on the black or the brown (or even the red...), though am quite attracted to the "distressed" look of the brown pouch:

Or maybe this version of the balck pouch, that has side pockets, as could put the extra 3 or 4 bits (from the Swisschamp XLT model) in a zip lock bag in one pocket, and maybe a small AAA torch (US: flashlight) in the other? It looks like that pouch is a little larger, though, with a bigger flap, and it's almost double the price of the standard black pouch...

"We broke into Mir using a Swiss Army knife. Never leave the planet without one." - Chris Hadfield, Astronaut

gb Offline Little Tinker

Reply #254 on: March 27, 2017, 01:43:20 AM
Couldn't think quite where I'd left my normal small screwdriver set today when I needed to open up a laptop to tinker with the insides.  CyberTool Lite to the rescue  :D.  Not the easiest thing to spin to unscrew them, but definitely a win overall.  It has reinforced my view that I'd rather the CT was in a slimmer overall configuration, so will be working on that as time permits  ;).

And I finally slimmed it down to make the Cyber Climber  :D.

us Offline SAK Guy

• Absolute Zombie Club
  • "Spending all of my money and time Oh, ho ho...'"
Reply #255 on: March 27, 2017, 03:13:14 AM
Glad this thread popped up...was digging through a bag and found my (kinda) long lost Cybertool 41. Don't think I've ever posted it...or if I did, here's a better pic.

- Robert

Quo Fata Ferunt
"It's sad that governments are chiefed by the double tongues." - Ten Bears

us Offline The Lone Wanderer

• High Octane Gasoline
Reply #256 on: March 27, 2017, 06:45:24 AM
I need to get my hands on a Cybertool 41!
Last of the V8 Interceptors

00 Offline Mechanickal

• Zombie Apprentice
Reply #257 on: March 27, 2017, 07:40:46 AM
Glad this thread popped up...was digging through a bag and found my (kinda) long lost Cybertool 41. Don't think I've ever posted it...or if I did, here's a better pic.

(Image removed from quote.)
:ahhh
I don't wanna know what it feels like to displace my CT41 :dwts:
You do!

us Offline SAK Guy

• Absolute Zombie Club
Reply #258 on: March 27, 2017, 08:02:30 AM

:ahhh
I don't wanna know what it feels like to displace my CT41 :dwts:
You do!

:rofl: It happens to me....a lot!  :facepalm:
- Robert

Quo Fata Ferunt

nl Offline Mactire404

• There's a SAK for that!
Reply #259 on: March 27, 2017, 11:00:59 AM
Aaand another club I can join!

I've bought a Sapphire scaled CT29 on sale just for the heck of it.
When I had to send in my Handyman for warranty I carried the CT29 for a short while.
I missed my Handyman so much I didn't send it in but that's another story.

I messed up the tweezers when I bent them to make a tension wrench i norder to pick my doorlock. We managed to lock outselves out.
In the end the rusty hairpin I found wasn't sturdy enough to pick the lock. I disassembled the window (which was cracked open) with the CT29.
Also the small hex bits work wonders on the machines at work. Saves me a call to IT every now and then.

However, I missed the pliers and scissors in my Handyman. So I tracked down a second hand CT34. Apart from the butchered scales it's in good condition. I still need to get new scales, but I'm low on funds right now :-[.

In retrospect getting a CT34 was kind a stupid. I carry Handyman anyway, so I always have scissors and pliers at hand. I already missed the chisel on the CT34 once. So now the CT34 rides in my backpack, I use the bits regularly.
I'll post picks later.  ;)
My SAK collection and more: http://pocketknives.home.blog

gb Offline Little Tinker

Reply #260 on: March 27, 2017, 09:37:06 PM
Couldn't think quite where I'd left my normal small screwdriver set today when I needed to open up a laptop to tinker with the insides.  CyberTool Lite to the rescue  :D.  Not the easiest thing to spin to unscrew them, but definitely a win overall.  It has reinforced my view that I'd rather the CT was in a slimmer overall configuration, so will be working on that as time permits  ;).

And I finally slimmed it down to make the Cyber Climber  :D.

Whoops, got in a bit of a tangle there.  I meant to link to the modding thread for it.  And to include the pic:

openCCb.jpg
* openCCb.jpg (Filesize: 192.25 KB)

00 Offline Mechanickal

• Zombie Apprentice
Reply #261 on: March 29, 2017, 08:29:37 PM
Anybody know why the Cyber layer uses 2 backsprings instead of 1?
The pliers use 1 wide backspring too so it's not like it's impossible to make it wider?

gb Offline Little Tinker

Reply #262 on: March 29, 2017, 09:31:42 PM
Anybody know why the Cyber layer uses 2 backsprings instead of 1?
The pliers use 1 wide backspring too so it's not like it's impossible to make it wider?

I assumed it was so they could machine them from plate / bar that is already used for other springs, or because the machines have a cutting depth to suit that (shallower) stock.

us Offline NorCalJim

• No Life Club
Reply #263 on: March 29, 2017, 10:40:49 PM
Aaand another club I can join!

I've bought a Sapphire scaled CT29 on sale just for the heck of it.
When I had to send in my Handyman for warranty I carried the CT29 for a short while.
I missed my Handyman so much I didn't send it in but that's another story.

I messed up the tweezers when I bent them to make a tension wrench i norder to pick my doorlock. We managed to lock outselves out.
In the end the rusty hairpin I found wasn't sturdy enough to pick the lock. I disassembled the window (which was cracked open) with the CT29.
Also the small hex bits work wonders on the machines at work. Saves me a call to IT every now and then.

However, I missed the pliers and scissors in my Handyman. So I tracked down a second hand CT34. Apart from the butchered scales it's in good condition. I still need to get new scales, but I'm low on funds right now :-[.

In retrospect getting a CT34 was kind a stupid. I carry Handyman anyway, so I always have scissors and pliers at hand. I already missed the chisel on the CT34 once. So now the CT34 rides in my backpack, I use the bits regularly.
I'll post picks later.  ;)

I can sympathize with the 20/20 hindsight regret.  I set out to get a new in box CT-34 and a used excellent CT-34.  The new CT-34 that I purchased did not have a box and the used in excellent condition CT-34 had a company logo.  I was initially so glad to have a CT-34 that I jumped on a great deal for another used in excellent condition CT-34 with a Leica logo.  Now, I wish that I had only picked up a single CT-34.  All three CT-34s have ruby scales.  I purchased  sapphire scales to replace one of the logo scales and I will probably sell the other logo scale CT-34.  If I had it to do over again, I would get a CT-29, CT-34 & CT-41 and skip the CT Lite and multiple copies.

Well, we live and learn.

nl Offline Mactire404

Reply #264 on: March 30, 2017, 06:33:59 PM
I can sympathize with the 20/20 hindsight regret...

...Well, we live and learn.

Exactly, live and learn.

I also jumped at what I thought was a nice offer. I actually got a couple of SAKs back then. But the Traveller I got didn't have the right backscales unfortunately. I still have to contact Victorinox about this, I really want the propers cales in place, but I can't get them anywhere.
And as mentioned, the scales of CT34 need replacing.
Both knives were very dirty and needed a very good scrub to get them in perfect working order. Luckily, all tools are in pristine condition.

Moral of the story is to think twice before you jump on an offer. We can only spend our money once!

us Offline SAK Guy

• Absolute Zombie Club
Reply #265 on: April 09, 2017, 08:21:31 PM
Probably posted before but I'll bump the thread...

My 125th Anniversary Jubilee Series Cybertool
- Robert

Quo Fata Ferunt

nl Offline glenfiddich1983

• aka "G-Fiddle" and "Glen-Fizzle"
Reply #266 on: May 10, 2017, 01:47:12 PM
Handing in my notice. No longer a member of the CT owners club :whistle:

[--- arms length ---] (-.-) 

^-- where the cat sits

nl Offline Mactire404

Reply #267 on: May 10, 2017, 04:03:33 PM

Aww, did you drop it? They don't make them like they used to do they  :rofl:

nl Offline glenfiddich1983

• aka "G-Fiddle" and "Glen-Fizzle"
Reply #268 on: May 10, 2017, 04:32:38 PM

Aww, did you drop it? They don't make them like they used to do they  :rofl:

No they don't. After the CyberTool fell apart I dropped three more SAKs, just as a test. And guess what happened?

[--- arms length ---] (-.-) 

^-- where the cat sits

nl Offline Reinier

• Zombie Apprentice
  • \o/
Reply #269 on: May 10, 2017, 04:49:26 PM
Wow and the scales and brass parts just disappeared?

Another thread taken over by the Dutch :D
You should seriously visit vicfan.com. All the hoopy froods are doing it.

Donations

Operational Funds

Help us keep the Unworkable working!
Donate with PayPal!
April Goal: $300.00
Due Date: Apr 30
Total Receipts: $152.99
PayPal Fees: $8.68
Net Balance: $144.31
Below Goal: $155.69
Site Currency: USD
48%