Multitool.org Forum

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length
+-

Hello Lurker! Remove this ad and much more by logging in.

CyberTool owners thread 43460

Newbie Posts: 7
Re: CyberTool owners thread
« Reply #90 on: January 14, 2015, 06:07:22 PM »
The bits are 4mm.

Nate

Thanks Nate. Unfortunately all I can find for a drum key bit is a 1/4" hex drill bit.

My Youtube drumset covers - www.youtube.com/RedeyeSPR
OCD Squad Leader Admin Team Zombie Apprentice Posts: 11,865
« Reply #91 on: January 14, 2015, 06:47:23 PM »
The bits are 4mm.

Nate

Thanks Nate. Unfortunately all I can find for a drum key bit is a 1/4" hex drill bit.
Try Wiha, Wera or Kraftwerk. Those three brands have lots of bits in 4mm (They are commonly referred to as precision bits).

Emergency Kit: Ovo Sport, chocolate, cheese, crispbread and a coin
No Life Club Posts: 3,478 It is what it isn't.
« Reply #92 on: January 14, 2015, 07:00:32 PM »
Still have my custom one.  It is a CT 34 with an added mag glass/inline philips layer!  :)
« Reply #93 on: January 14, 2015, 08:30:27 PM »
The bits are 4mm.

Nate

Try Wiha, Wera or Kraftwerk. Those three brands have lots of bits in 4mm (They are commonly referred to as precision bits).

Thanks for the leads. I checked, and unfortunately none of those companies make a drum key at all. It's kind of a specialized tool which I've never seen a non-music producing company make, so I'm not surprised. I'm looking onto having Bob Lessard just replace a corkscrew with a key I have made - as soon as I find someone that can make one first.

Thanks for the help gentlemen.

No Life Club Posts: 1,760
« Reply #94 on: January 14, 2015, 08:32:31 PM »
The bits are 4mm.

Nate

Thanks for the leads. I checked, and unfortunately none of those companies make a drum key at all. It's kind of a specialized tool which I've never seen a non-music producing company make, so I'm not surprised. I'm looking onto having Bob Lessard just replace a corkscrew with a key I have made - as soon as I find someone that can make one first.

I think I might have concerns about the torque needed for those drum keys, as a back tool.  I suppose if it's not a marching snare or something, that you should be ok, just something to think about.  Good luck, and welcome to MTO!
« Reply #95 on: January 14, 2015, 08:54:09 PM »
The bits are 4mm.

Nate

I think I might have concerns about the torque needed for those drum keys, as a back tool.  I suppose if it's not a marching snare or something, that you should be ok, just something to think about.  Good luck, and welcome to MTO!

This would be mainly for my bass drum pedal and occasional snare and tom adjustments. I have a hi-torque key for marching applications.

Thanks for the welcome - I've been lurking a while and will get involved as much as I can with the discussions.

No Life Club Posts: 1,760
« Reply #96 on: January 14, 2015, 09:34:47 PM »
The bits are 4mm.

Nate

This would be mainly for my bass drum pedal and occasional snare and tom adjustments. I have a hi-torque key for marching applications.

Thanks for the welcome - I've been lurking a while and will get involved as much as I can with the discussions.

Good deal, that would be nice to keep one on a SAK for quick usage on the kick drum pedal.
Hero Member Posts: 935
« Reply #97 on: January 16, 2015, 04:43:56 AM »
OK..... I gotta ask..... Is everyone that owns a Cyber Tool an IT worker of some type, and/or a computer geek?  Clearly this is a great tool for that trade, but I think it's a great SAK in general and could be very handy in other trades or (God forbid) just around the homestead....

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
Absolute Zombie Club Posts: 23,891 "Spending all of my money and time Oh, ho ho...'"
« Reply #98 on: January 16, 2015, 05:42:59 AM »
OK..... I gotta ask..... Is everyone that owns a Cyber Tool an IT worker of some type, and/or a computer geek?  Clearly this is a great tool for that trade, but I think it's a great SAK in general and could be very handy in other trades or (God forbid) just around the homestead....

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Nope. Use it for various stuff/projects around the farm. Used it last on a desk fan that needed oiling and a coffeemaker that shorted out. A cool SAK!

Added: Just realized I tightened a clip on a Schrade folding knife with it last night.   :facepalm:
« Last Edit: January 16, 2015, 05:55:20 AM by SAK Guy »

- Robert

Vox Clamantis in Deserto
Quo Fata Ferunt
"It's sad that governments are chiefed by the double tongues." - Ten Bears
I aim to misbehave.
No Life Club Posts: 1,374
« Reply #99 on: January 16, 2015, 07:02:49 AM »

So your question got me thinking. I looked at one of my drum keys, and despite most people calling them 1/4 square drive, they're actually a little smaller (mine measure 7/32 or 5.5mm). Here's a quick, cheap, ok-but-not-great solution:

This is just a 4mm, 1/4" drive socket on the end of the 4mm hex bit from the CT34 upside down. Epoxy the two together to make it easier to deal with. So you use the part of the socket that normally goes on the ratchet to drive the drum key. Since it's slightly oversized, there is a chance it'll slip if you torque too hard. This might actually be a good thing - I'd rather the wrench slip than tear the knife up.

Newbie Posts: 10
« Reply #100 on: January 20, 2015, 04:28:02 AM »
I am thinking of adding a CyberTool to my collection. For EDC pocket carry would recommend the 29 or 34?
Absolute Zombie Club Posts: 20,789 What's the matter, kid? Don't ya like clowns?
« Reply #101 on: January 20, 2015, 04:36:52 AM »
I am thinking of adding a CyberTool to my collection. For EDC pocket carry would recommend the 29 or 34?

Its hard to say. Everyone's personal preference on what they can carry in pocket comfortably is different. I can carry a 34 with keys and lighter and a folder clipped to my pocket without a problem. Others might drop a 34 in their pocket by itself and think it is uncomfortable or to thick.

I'm the milk man!
No Life Club Posts: 3,478 It is what it isn't.
« Reply #102 on: January 20, 2015, 04:43:50 AM »
It would also depend if you want the extra tools that the CT 34 has.  If you dont need them or carry another sak or multitool, then the CT 29 might work best.  :)
Absolutely No Life Club Posts: 7,426
« Reply #103 on: January 20, 2015, 06:30:09 AM »

No chance you would try out a sheath?

My CT Lite fits in the sheath for my Wave perfectly and once there I do not even notice it.

Oh and once I post up a pic of mine I am so in this club.

Leatherman:
Wave, Surge, Skeletool, PST I,  Squirt S4, Micra, Rebar,

Victorinox:
Explorer, Super Tinker, CyberTool, Yeoman, Champion Plus, Red Shield Syph Custom, Pioneer, Ranger, Workchamp, Classic, Vagabond, Swisschamp, OH GAK

Wenger:
Handyman, Pocket Tool Chest

Spyderco:
Southard, Dragonfly 2, Para Military 2, Native Tan, Sage 3, Endura, Delica, Manix 2, Military
Absolute Zombie Club Posts: 23,891 "Spending all of my money and time Oh, ho ho...'"
« Reply #104 on: January 21, 2015, 05:18:47 AM »
Another pic of mine...

- Robert

Vox Clamantis in Deserto
Quo Fata Ferunt
"It's sad that governments are chiefed by the double tongues." - Ten Bears
I aim to misbehave.
Newbie Posts: 22
« Reply #105 on: January 24, 2015, 02:45:47 AM »
I have a personalized ruby red CT 41 with leather sheath purchased in 2000 in Switzerland.
No Life Club Posts: 1,285
« Reply #106 on: January 24, 2015, 10:20:18 AM »
I just ordered a CT34! Should have it in my hands very soon! :)

darren
« Reply #107 on: January 24, 2015, 11:21:05 AM »
So I am pretty sure I do not like the light on my CT-Lite.

Thinking about removing the Mag Glass/Light layer when I get home.

Pondering if it would be best to just remove the layer or remove the layer and add a File and Saw.

CT-41 or CT-34? That is the question.

Leatherman:

Victorinox:
Explorer, Super Tinker, CyberTool, Yeoman, Champion Plus, Red Shield Syph Custom, Pioneer, Ranger, Workchamp, Classic, Vagabond, Swisschamp, OH GAK

Wenger:

Spyderco:
Southard, Dragonfly 2, Para Military 2, Native Tan, Sage 3, Endura, Delica, Manix 2, Military
Absolutely No Life Club Posts: 9,745 You're amongst friends.
« Reply #108 on: January 24, 2015, 12:05:37 PM »

Pondering if it would be best to just remove the layer or remove the layer and add a File and Saw.

I avoid the "Lite" versions like the plague. CT41 is the easy answer for me as for nearly the same size as a champ you get everything kitchen sink included. I vote for adding the saw and file or at least a file :tu:

SAW
« Reply #109 on: January 24, 2015, 12:43:06 PM »

I avoid the "Lite" versions like the plague. CT41 is the easy answer for me as for nearly the same size as a champ you get everything kitchen sink included. I vote for adding the saw and file or at least a file :tu:

Got a smoking deal on the Lite so figured it would be a chance to find out once and for all if it was worth having. The light I mean as I very much like the CT.

Just a file sounds like a pretty good idea too. So many options.  :think:

Leatherman:

Victorinox:

Wenger:

Spyderco:
Full Member Posts: 128
« Reply #110 on: January 24, 2015, 02:00:20 PM »
I also been wanting to add a saw and file to a cybertool 29, one to the right and left of the bit driver so driver stays nice and centered.  Only problem is I am not much of a SAK modder  :facepalm: 
« Last Edit: January 24, 2015, 03:30:40 PM by Jetbo »
No Life Club Posts: 1,439
« Reply #111 on: January 24, 2015, 02:57:42 PM »
After this  reading this thread I guess I have to break out my CT  :)
« Reply #112 on: January 25, 2015, 07:35:26 AM »
After this  reading this thread I guess I have to break out my CT  :)

Picture or it didn't happen.

Which CT do you have KM3?

Leatherman:

Victorinox:

Wenger:

Spyderco:
No Life Club Posts: 4,788
« Reply #113 on: January 25, 2015, 03:32:12 PM »

My CT Lite fits in the sheath for my Wave perfectly and once there I do not even notice it.

Does this statement indicate that the US Army postal system is not as bad as some say?
I´m delighted!
« Reply #114 on: January 25, 2015, 04:58:50 PM »

Does this statement indicate that the US Army postal system is not as bad as some say?
I´m delighted!

Yep somehow your package slipped through the cracks and actually made it here.

Thanks again man, really dig the CT.

Leatherman:

Victorinox:

Wenger:

Spyderco:
Absolutely No Life Club Posts: 9,745 You're amongst friends.
« Reply #115 on: January 25, 2015, 05:16:30 PM »
Some CT41's available here for a price. About double what I paid for mine.

SAW
« Reply #116 on: January 25, 2015, 05:20:54 PM »
Some CT41's available here for a price. About double what I paid for mine.

Good find Sawman, that is less then what you would pay for a CT-Lite.

I am just going to mod mine since I got it for a great deal. Well Tattoosteve will.  :tu:

Leatherman:

Victorinox:

Wenger:

Spyderco:
No Life Club Posts: 4,788
« Reply #117 on: January 25, 2015, 06:22:58 PM »

I´m delighted!

[/quote]

:tu:  Great it made it there! I am looking forward to see it in its next incarnation.
Newbie Posts: 14
« Reply #118 on: January 26, 2015, 03:31:49 AM »
I have a a few 29s, a 34 or two and a Lite. Don't think I ever picked up a 41.  I EDC the Lite mostly or a 29. Need to get some pics to add...
« Reply #119 on: January 26, 2015, 07:09:16 AM »

I´m delighted!

:tu:  Great it made it there! I am looking forward to see it in its next incarnation.
[/quote]

I am leaning to doing it up as a 41 and getting Mile to hook it up with some wood scales. Will not be for a few months though.

Leatherman:

Victorinox:

Wenger:

Spyderco:

Donations

Operational Funds

Help us keep the Unworkable working!
Donate with PayPal!
September Goal: $300.00
Due Date: Sep 30
Total Receipts: $96.10
PayPal Fees: $5.60
Net Balance: $90.50
Below Goal: $209.50
Site Currency: USD
30%