Multitool.org Forum
+-

Hello Lurker! Remove this ad and much more by logging in.

Sunday was a great day!

ca Offline Chako

• Absolute Zombie Club
  • Armed with camera and not afraid to use it.
Sunday was a great day!
on: November 30, 2021, 11:09:47 AM
Ever get a day you wished you hadn't gotten out of bed for? Well Sunday was that day for me. When I woke up, I was highly unsuspecting of the fun that would ensue. While driving out of my driveway, the battery warning light turned on. That was a first as I have never seen that one before. Odd as the Jeep started very well and strong. I saw no electrical issues. We decided to risk going to our destination, seeing as I have CAA just a call away. I drove to Burger King to get our breakfast with 1 eye on how the vehicle was doing. We got there with no excitement. I shut the Jeep off to go give and bring back our order. When back inside the vehicle, the moment of truth was upon us. Would it start, or not? I turned the key and it purred to life...with no battery warning light either. I shut the vehicle a few time and could never replicate the issue again. Weird.

later that morning, we needed to get to Walmart. Everything was ok, that is until leaving the parking lot. Two of the largest wide bucket bulldozers were cleaning the parking lot of snow. As we left, I was forced to drive through a two foot high snow bank left by one. As I drove through that, my dash lite up like a Christmas Tree. My ABS brakes, traction control, and 4W Drive warning lights all turned on. I pulled over and re-started the Jeep a few times, but these lights did not go away. I really noticed the lack of traction control the most. The Jeep was slipping and sliding all over the place. I decided to cut our outing short and get home without further incidents. On the way home however, my partner got the idea to stop in at the Dollarama store to get some essential items she needed for making tie plates. We stop, got the items, and gingerly nurse the Jeep back home. Once inside safe and sound, I notice that an essential key is missing from my D ring. I no longer have my work master key that allows me entry to the building, my classroom, and the staff washrooms. We tear the place apart, even taking a broom outside to see if the key fell in the freshly snowed driveway. No luck. We decide to backtrack, meaning I now have to take the limping Jeep out once again. Seeing that the last place was the Dollar store, we go there. I use the telescoping car brush to clean the section of the parking lot where we had previously parked in. Happy for me, the partner finds the key hidden in snow under another parked car. Whew...disaster averted. When I gave her the keys to open the vehicle and sit in it while I finished my shopping, she somehow got the key off the D ring. That could have been a real messy thing for me. Still forced me to drive the Jeep out.

Since we were not that far away from Canadian Tire...I gingerly drove it there to see if I could get it looked after. I was promptly told that there were no mechanics working on a Sunday, and to bring it in on Monday at 7am when they open. Long story short, I now have the Jeep fixed including the rear breaks they told me needed replacing a few months ago when I installed the new tires. Cost me an unexpected 812 Canadian. It just amazes me how much traction control does for you in the winter time. Like night and day. I also figured that the battery warning light was related and was warning me of what would enfold. Now all it good...for now.  :D

« Last Edit: November 30, 2021, 11:15:38 AM by Chako »
A little Leatherman information.

Leatherman series articles

gb Offline Tasky

• Galaxy-hopping garbage-man
Re: Sunday was a great day!
Reply #1 on: November 30, 2021, 12:10:36 PM
Yeah, I get days like that sometimes... Sounds like you took it pretty much in your stride though, didn't panic, got on with it and came out on top, so well done for that.

I do have to ask - What are these 'tie plates' you mentioned? Last I heard, they're things used to hold railway tracks to the sleepers?

pt Offline pfrsantos

• Absolute Zombie Club
  • Oxygen and magnesium toghether?! OMg!
Reply #2 on: November 30, 2021, 03:29:10 PM
Well, that sounds like a pretty good day, in the end.

:cheers: :salute:

I don't have OCD, I have OCDEFGHIJKLMNOPQRSTUVWXYZ.

I'd give my right arm to be ambidextrous.

Eff the ineffable, scrut the inscrutable.

IYCRTYSWTMTFOT

ca Offline Grant Lamontagne

• Head Turd Polisher
  • Administrator
  • Just Bananas
  • Optimum instrumentum est inter aures
Reply #3 on: November 30, 2021, 03:53:09 PM
Typical Jeep problem- brakes are shot so the battery light comes on.

I know mine is burning oil when the traction control light is on.   :facepalm:

Glad you have it sorted.  If it helps, I am over 250,000kms on mine now and still haven't had any major problems.

Def
Leave the dents as they are- let your belongings show their scars as proudly as you do yours.

ca Offline Chako

• Absolute Zombie Club
Reply #4 on: December 01, 2021, 12:15:27 AM
Oops my bad. Meant tye plates lol. Otherwise know as Pizzelle.

I think my luck is changing. Got a set of limited edition Leatherman Collector coins in today after that package went on a trip to purgatory for a week. I was sure I would never get that package in.

scotland Offline Gareth

• Admin Team
  • Point Of No Return
Reply #5 on: December 01, 2021, 02:26:43 AM
Sorry to hear about the bill mate. :-\

You have however reminded me that I need to book my car in for it's MOT.  :D
Be excellent to each other and always know where your towel is.

ca Offline Chako

• Absolute Zombie Club
Reply #6 on: December 01, 2021, 11:20:10 AM
 :tu:

us Offline SteveC

• Global Moderator
  • Just Bananas
Reply #7 on: December 08, 2021, 02:54:36 PM
Feeling a bit anxious   :ahhh   Heading out in a few to drop Cassie off at my vet. Today's the big day when she gets spayed.

us Offline Aloha

• Global Moderator
  • Point Of No Return
Reply #8 on: December 08, 2021, 03:47:13 PM
We'll be here Cassie when you get back. 
Esse Quam Videri

Donations

Operational Funds

Help us keep the Unworkable working!
Donate with PayPal!
March Goal: $300.00