Multitool.org Forum
+-

Hello Lurker! Remove this ad and much more by logging in.

Anyone into models? If so what kind? Wood, plastic, metal?

us Offline MadPlumbarian

• Point Of No Return
  • Plumbers Know Their Crap!!
Re: Anyone into models? If so what kind? Wood, plastic, metal?
Reply #30 on: April 01, 2014, 03:31:41 PM
Sorry idk what scale they are, it comes as a kit but it doesn't have any info as to scale, I didn't build them from scratch if that's what your thinking, I might good at blueprints and scaling but I ain't that good, lol! Here, here's a site to give you any info as to that aircraft that I did. It's about 20" but doesn't have it's true size so I can't even give it a round about.. JR
http://www.amazon.com/Puzzled-Inc-1603-Aircraft-Carrier/dp/B000HWS4SG/ref=pd_sim_t_13?ie=UTF8&refRID=004RDFT6NSDECJ67366M
"The-Mad-Plumbarian" The Punisher Of Pipes!!! JR
As I sit on my Crapper Throne in the Reading Room and explode on the Commode, thinking, how my flush beat John’s and Jerry’s pair? Jack’s had to run for the Water Closet yet ended up tripping on a Can bowing and hitting his Head on the Porcelain God! 🚽

gr Offline kkokkolis

• Absolutely No Life Club
  • Τετραφάρμακος
Reply #31 on: April 01, 2014, 04:18:28 PM
I build some Airfix and Revell myself, about 30 years ago and tried it with my son 10 years ago. I remember a Tornado IDS, a Panzer II, a Chinook, a Bucaneer from those days. There's a half finished Kiev and an unopened Mirage 2000 in my modeling box.
It would be nice to start again and build a Dassault Rafale. But not much time unfortunately.

de Offline RT1969

• No Life Club
  • Straight Silver!
Reply #32 on: April 01, 2014, 04:49:46 PM
Thanks JR, it is a rewarding project nonetheless!

I tried some scratch-built addons with my WH40K stuff, it is not nearly as complicated as you would think. As I said before, have to dust them off and get some pictures!  :whistle:

us Offline MadPlumbarian

• Point Of No Return
Reply #33 on: April 01, 2014, 06:06:51 PM

I tried some scratch-built addons with my WH40K stuff, it is not nearly as complicated as you would think. As I said before, have to dust them off and get some pictures!  :whistle:
That you do, get some pics! I still don't know what the 40k thing is, except people. If there is one thing I would like to do with people in it would be famous war posses, but I don't think I'm to good at painting that small.. JR
As I sit on my Crapper Throne in the Reading Room and explode on the Commode, thinking, how my flush beat John’s and Jerry’s pair? Jack’s had to run for the Water Closet yet ended up tripping on a Can bowing and hitting his Head on the Porcelain God! 🚽

ca Offline Chako

• Absolute Zombie Club
  • Armed with camera and not afraid to use it.
Reply #34 on: April 01, 2014, 07:14:20 PM
That is where a steady hand and one of those Jeweler's hat magnifyers come in.
A little Leatherman information.

Leatherman series articles

pt Offline pfrsantos

• Absolute Zombie Club
  • Oxygen and magnesium toghether?! OMg!
Reply #35 on: April 01, 2014, 07:19:05 PM

Yup, that's what I use with the models I'm into...

victoria-secret-fashion-show-models.jpg
* victoria-secret-fashion-show-models.jpg (Filesize: 211.53 KB)

I don't have OCD, I have OCDEFGHIJKLMNOPQRSTUVWXYZ.

I'd give my right arm to be ambidextrous.

Eff the ineffable, scrut the inscrutable.

IYCRTYSWTMTFOT

us Offline MadPlumbarian

• Point Of No Return
Reply #36 on: April 01, 2014, 09:09:59 PM

Steady hand :think: yeah at times, at others, no! I want to get one of those model/jewelry things with the alligator arms and 2" magnifying glasses and steady heavy bases! Another little trick I saw was taking the alligator clips and attaching them to skewer sticks, this way you can bite the littler parts with the clip and make it easy to paint. Anyway, I finished the second model, the titanic! Gotta stretch the back from being hunched over, but now I gotta find something else to work on, either metal or plastic, don't get me wrong the wood ones were ok, but, not my thing, yet still better then nothing! I'll tell you what, that farmer came in handy for cleaning out some of the holes to get the other parts to fit! JR
 :think: know what, I think the kids have one of those 3d puzzles of the earth, the one when your finished it has some type of stand that turns it into a good globe to use for school, but they've had it now for like, forever yet, probably never do it..

us Offline MadPlumbarian

• Point Of No Return
Reply #37 on: April 01, 2014, 09:40:39 PM
He he, found the puzzle, the box is still wrapped in the plastic, it's not a model but it's 3D and still better then nothing! Found out that we bought it two xmas ago, so I guess they have no plans to ever do it! Here's info on it.. JR
http://www.amazon.com/Ravensburger-The-Earth-Piece-Puzzleball/dp/B000UEL05U

us Offline ducttapetech

• Zombie Apprentice
  • Whiskey Tango Foxtrot, over.
Reply #38 on: April 02, 2014, 03:01:51 PM

That you do, get some pics! I still don't know what the 40k thing is, except people. If there is one thing I would like to do with people in it would be famous war posses, but I don't think I'm to good at painting that small.. JR
Warhammer 40k is a tabletop war game. And later for PC. You have an army or maybe just a squad and you take turns duking it out. They are tons of figurines and models you make and paint for the game. Kinda like Battletech mechs.

that's us mobile

Nate

SEND IT!

us Offline MadPlumbarian

• Point Of No Return
Reply #39 on: April 02, 2014, 03:34:12 PM

Warhammer 40k is a tabletop war game. And later for PC. You have an army or maybe just a squad and you take turns duking it out. They are tons of figurines and models you make and paint for the game. Kinda like Battletech mechs.

that's us mobile
Ahh, gotcha! So kinda like a old school dungeons and dragons but with different figurines? JR

us Offline ducttapetech

• Zombie Apprentice
  • Whiskey Tango Foxtrot, over.
Reply #40 on: April 02, 2014, 04:25:50 PM
Yeah, instead of one character, you will control a squad or bigger. But yeah, a lot like D&D.

that's us mobile

Nate

SEND IT!

ca Offline derekmac

• Zombie Apprentice
  • Little to the right...
Reply #41 on: April 02, 2014, 05:02:16 PM
A guy I work with has thousands of dollars invested in Warhammer.  He doesn't play too much anymore, but he still loves building models and armies.  He loves the Orks and has scratch built some pretty sweet mechs and tanks!!

de Offline RT1969

• No Life Club
  • Straight Silver!
Reply #42 on: April 02, 2014, 05:43:04 PM
A guy I work with has thousands of dollars invested in Warhammer.  He doesn't play too much anymore, but he still loves building models and armies.  He loves the Orks and has scratch built some pretty sweet mechs and tanks!!

:worthless:
 :D And this from the one sitting in the SiO2(amorph) building.  :whistle:

fr Offline Whoey

• Administrator
  • Zombie Apprentice
  • I am geek, hear me code
Reply #43 on: April 02, 2014, 07:15:04 PM
here's a quick snap of the kits that have been following me around for many years... yet to finish either of them...
71hemicudamodels.jpg
* 71hemicudamodels.jpg (Filesize: 152.78 KB)
The difficult we do immediately, the impossible takes a little longer.

de Offline RT1969

• No Life Club
  • Straight Silver!
Reply #44 on: April 02, 2014, 07:19:52 PM
here's a quick snap of the kits that have been following me around for many years... yet to finish either of them...

And I like muscle cars! You have to built them!  :pok:

fr Offline Whoey

• Administrator
  • Zombie Apprentice
Reply #45 on: April 02, 2014, 08:54:35 PM

I know... I love that car... it's my dream car... but at this rate I'll never get an original, these are as close as I'll ever get. Still hoping they might just build a new one... :dd:

us Offline captain spaulding

• Absolute Zombie Club
  • What's the matter, kid? Don't ya like clowns?
Reply #46 on: April 02, 2014, 09:00:21 PM

Love that song and hear it at least once a day on the radio.  :tu:
I'm the milk man!

us Offline MadPlumbarian

• Point Of No Return
Reply #47 on: April 04, 2014, 12:50:08 AM
Well it's not really a model yet it's really not a puzzle, but it was fun to do. As I pretty much completed it my little guy came over and wanted to help but there wasn't much, but it's done, and all the lands are in the right places! JR

• Absolute Zombie Club
Reply #48 on: April 05, 2014, 08:28:49 AM
Wow, I really like that.  :tu: Where did you pick it up?
I'm the milk man!

au Offline PTRSAK

• No Life Club
  • I'm an Adult?!?! When did that happen?
Reply #49 on: April 05, 2014, 09:33:49 AM

Love that song and hear it at least once a day on the radio.  :tu:

good song, but badly mimed video... :(

Offline Max Archer

Reply #50 on: April 05, 2014, 12:56:58 PM
You guys have me wanting to go get a kit, it's been years. I used to do quite a few of them, some cars and planes and a lot of Japanese robot kits. (Gundam etc.) Is like to do a car but it's hard to find the right one, I'm not very interested in muscle or hot rods, so I'm pretty much stuck with imported kits, which are expensive, and a lot of the cool ones are race cars, which are a real pain thanks to complicated paint and decal scenes and tons of tiny parts. Maybe I'll go to the hobby shop tomorrow though...

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-N900A using Tapatalk

us Offline MadPlumbarian

• Point Of No Return
Reply #51 on: April 05, 2014, 04:51:49 PM
Wow, I really like that.  :tu: Where did you pick it up?
Amazon, that was kinda fun, little tricky at the end getting it to snap together with nothing hold behind the it.. Here's the link to it.  http://www.amazon.com/Ravensburger-The-Earth-Piece-Puzzleball/dp/B000UEL05U/ref=sr_1_1?s=toys-and-games&ie=UTF8&qid=1396709111&sr=1-1&keywords=globe+puzzle

My wife bought me a few other unique other little models so I'll have something to work on! JR

us Offline MadPlumbarian

• Point Of No Return
Reply #52 on: April 08, 2014, 10:58:53 PM
Ok, they came in! So the big question, which one first? Which one do you guys think?
One of the three metal ones(The titanic, Eiffel Tower, the scorpion) or do the plastic one(Messerschmitt)?? JR

de Offline RT1969

• No Life Club
  • Straight Silver!
Reply #53 on: April 08, 2014, 11:02:33 PM
I am voting for Airfix, but I am biased  ;)

And I like the designs of Willy Messerschmitt:

us Offline MadPlumbarian

• Point Of No Return
Reply #54 on: April 08, 2014, 11:35:05 PM

(Image removed from quote.)
Well there's a little bit of a diff,, JR

• Absolute Zombie Club
Reply #55 on: April 09, 2014, 08:33:47 AM
Ever since I saw this video I have REALLY been wanting to get one of these to put together. They're so cool!

I'm the milk man!

fr Offline Whoey

• Administrator
  • Zombie Apprentice
Reply #56 on: April 09, 2014, 11:25:18 AM
cool

de Offline RT1969

• No Life Club
  • Straight Silver!
Reply #57 on: April 09, 2014, 11:46:18 AM

Yes, but it's the same cockpit  :rofl:

us Offline MadPlumbarian

• Point Of No Return
Reply #58 on: April 09, 2014, 02:33:43 PM

Yes, but it's the same cockpit  :rofl:
Looks like it, so the headlights drop down and the machine guns pop out,, that would be great for a paintball gun for when some of those idiot drivers piss you off! lol.. JR

us Offline MadPlumbarian

• Point Of No Return
Reply #59 on: April 09, 2014, 02:38:30 PM
Ever since I saw this video I have REALLY been wanting to get one of these to put together. They're so cool!

Oh wow, that is freaking awesome! I like the six legged one better, but wow that is cool! And if Adam Savage thinks it is, you know it's gotta be! JR

Donations

Operational Funds

Help us keep the Unworkable working!
Donate with PayPal!
April Goal: $300.00
Due Date: Apr 30
Total Receipts: $122.41
PayPal Fees: $6.85
Net Balance: $115.56
Below Goal: $184.44
Site Currency: USD
39%