Multitool.org Forum
+-

Hello Lurker! Remove this ad and much more by logging in.

Leatherman Pulse

Gareth · 33 · 3898

scotland Offline Gareth

• Admin Team
  • Point Of No Return
Re: Leatherman Pulse
Reply #30 on: March 31, 2014, 11:13:59 PM
I don't know how relevant this is, but the small driver on my PST II happens to be the right size for adjusting the sites on a pistol. This is a special case, I guess, but the VERY similar small driver on an old-version SOG PPP is too large for the job.

I THINK the Pulse's small driver is the same size as the one on the PST II. So while it might be a sort of special-use need, it does it quite well.

Yup, they are indeed the same size. :)
Be excellent to each other and always know where your towel is.

us Offline sawman

• Absolutely No Life Club
  • You're amongst friends.
Reply #31 on: March 31, 2014, 11:50:54 PM
I'm impressed to hear there is actually a use for that tiny driver. I still don't like it and although the PST has it, it also has an awl which is very important to me. And I don't think that's he only reason I dislike the Pulse, I suppose part of it is because it's essentially so similar to the Rebar, yet offers only half the tools. I don't like the scissors on it either.
SAW

gb Offline Cupboard

• No Life Club
Reply #32 on: April 13, 2014, 11:22:17 PM
I actually agree that the Rebar's small driver is a little too wide, or rather I think to tip is OK, but for some reason it tappers to the tip and so doesn't do well with recessed screws.  Hopeless at electrical connector block for example.  Much better is the one on the Fuse, Blast and Kick.  Of course you might be looking for one even smaller, but that's the one LM got just right for me. 

You're bang on there. The Rebar one I've attacked keeps the same end dimensions just thins the shank down a bit. I've done similar to a Fuse one too actually.

Donations

Operational Funds

Help us keep the Unworkable working!
Donate with PayPal!
April Goal: $300.00
Due Date: Apr 30
Total Receipts: $152.99
PayPal Fees: $8.68
Net Balance: $144.31
Below Goal: $155.69
Site Currency: USD
48%