Multitool.org Forum

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length
+-

Hello Lurker! Remove this ad and much more by logging in.

The Hacked Leatherman Owners Club. 262678

Global Moderator Just Bananas Posts: 71,300
Re: The Hacked Leatherman Owners Club.
« Reply #2880 on: September 02, 2021, 03:02:05 PM »
I feel ya on that :ahhh I could carry for a month and not even come close to the tools I can have in my rotation :facepalm: :D

:nanadance:           :nanadance:
Global Moderator Absolute Zombie Club Posts: 26,445
« Reply #2881 on: September 02, 2021, 03:54:22 PM »
:hatsoff:

Thanks - they still make a great pair :D

I'm running into the slight problem that my EDC rotation is getting too large...  :think: :dunno:

;)

Esse Quam Videri
New User Posts: 2
« Reply #2882 on: September 03, 2021, 03:32:41 PM »
Hey there! Here's my mash-up of the supertool 300eod and 300m.
IMG_0189.jpg
* IMG_0189.jpg (Filesize: 119.84 KB)
Absolutely No Life Club Posts: 5,134
« Reply #2883 on: September 03, 2021, 03:57:07 PM »
What is the little ratchet? Good looking ST :cheers:

Sent fra min M2002J9G via Tapatalk

New User Posts: 2
« Reply #2884 on: September 03, 2021, 04:19:13 PM »
What is the little ratchet? Good looking ST :cheers:

Its a chapman tool. CM-13 midget ratchet.
Global Moderator He Who Has The Most Nuts, Wins! Posts: 57,288
« Reply #2885 on: September 03, 2021, 04:22:46 PM »

Sweet mod !    :like:
Absolutely No Life Club Posts: 5,134
« Reply #2886 on: September 03, 2021, 04:30:14 PM »
Thanks @breakfast

« Reply #2887 on: September 03, 2021, 05:35:53 PM »
Very nice mod :drool: Love the Coyote tan tools from LM :dd: :like: :like:
« Reply #2888 on: September 03, 2021, 10:48:58 PM »

No Life Club Posts: 4,110
« Reply #2889 on: September 03, 2021, 11:10:51 PM »
 :like:

Cheers!
Dutch_Tooler

No Life Club Posts: 1,722
« Reply #2890 on: September 04, 2021, 12:46:52 AM »

Nice looking MT!
« Reply #2892 on: September 05, 2021, 07:47:10 PM »
A Core that I am in the process of modding:

« Reply #2893 on: September 05, 2021, 08:24:59 PM »
:dd: :drool: :like: :like:
« Reply #2894 on: September 05, 2021, 09:23:40 PM »
Thanks!

Here is the link to my thread in the mod forum:
https://forum.multitool.org/index.php/topic,88061.new.html#new
« Reply #2895 on: September 11, 2021, 04:39:57 PM »
One of my dual color ST300s :cheers:

« Reply #2896 on: September 13, 2021, 02:10:54 PM »
Still getting on great with my Charge knife even after a couple years :woohoo:

« Reply #2897 on: September 13, 2021, 08:26:06 PM »
I am a big fan of that knife  :cheers:

I can't carry my Multiforce knife for another 6+ weeks  :(
« Reply #2898 on: September 13, 2021, 08:31:55 PM »
That is why I am not in a challenge right now :ahhh :D
Jr. Member Posts: 77
« Reply #2899 on: September 19, 2021, 07:07:43 PM »
My newest Project. I call it the Style ES because I am not creative with names haha. I'm toying with the idea of making a specialty tool for working on the style and squirt series because tensioning the springs can be a massive pain. I don't know if I work on them often enough to justify that though. I'll upload a sketch of the tool in a bit.

Full size image: https://imgur.com/a/mFlfgtn

Oh, and FYI for anyone working on the riveted Squirt Series

A: They are a massive pain

B: One side of the rivet is tapered out so you have to really dig into the handle to get it out, but the outher side you just have to grind of a tiny bit for the rivet to slide thorugh. Looking at the pile of parts I have here, the side with the taper appears to be the side that has the writing on the handles.

Any questions let me know! I know I can not be the best at describing things sometimes.
imageedit_2_9165195480.jpg
* imageedit_2_9165195480.jpg (Filesize: 21.78 KB)
« Reply #2900 on: September 19, 2021, 07:33:15 PM »
Here is the tool. Basic idea is you screw the female end of the post onto one end of this 1/8" rod that is pointed on one end. If you have ever worked on the Style or Squirt series you know that you can see light at the other side when assembling the tool, but all of the tools are off center stopping you from inserting the pivot. This typically leads to a very stressful assembly of prying and putting the tool in a vice. Ever since I first put one of these together I have been racking my brain trying to figure out a tool and this is what I have come up with. So once the post is screwed to the tool, you can get the pointed end into the hole of the tools, then you just push forward to align everything. Once the post is pulled through, you just unscrew the tool and you are done. Maybe Loki would be interested in making this tool for sale, I'm still trying to figure out how to manufacture one myself. What do you folks use to put these tools back together?
Tool.jpg
* Tool.jpg (Filesize: 81.02 KB)
« Reply #2901 on: September 19, 2021, 07:35:47 PM »
Great mod and pics,  Waco  :hatsoff:
Sr. Member Posts: 370
« Reply #2902 on: September 20, 2021, 02:21:32 AM »
Here is the tool. Basic idea is you screw the female end of the post onto one end of this 1/8" rod that is pointed on one end. If you have ever worked on the Style or Squirt series you know that you can see light at the other side when assembling the tool, but all of the tools are off center stopping you from inserting the pivot. This typically leads to a very stressful assembly of prying and putting the tool in a vice. Ever since I first put one of these together I have been racking my brain trying to figure out a tool and this is what I have come up with. So once the post is screwed to the tool, you can get the pointed end into the hole of the tools, then you just push forward to align everything. Once the post is pulled through, you just unscrew the tool and you are done. Maybe Loki would be interested in making this tool for sale, I'm still trying to figure out how to manufacture one myself. What do you folks use to put these tools back together?
:like:
I've only taken a Style PS apart once, and that was enough. However, I have envisioned a similar tool (a tapered rod that threads into the female pivot post) for reassembling Original Waves. Their plier-tensioning springs seem to be much stiffer than those on the post-2004 Wave, and aligning the plier head and handle pivot holes requires keeping that spring compressed while the parts are aligned--which requires three hands, preferably of superhuman strength. If I had a tapered rod that I could force through the holes while pulling the pivot in behind it, that would eliminate the need for a vise and lots of swearing.

I tend to use a worn-out, tapered sharpening rod as a combination of punch and aligning tool for multitool disassembly and reassembly.

Current SAKs: Explorer, SwissChamp, Handyman (modded), Climber, Super Tinker, Tinker, Woodsman (modded), Electrician, Pioneer, SwissTool
Current Leatherman tools: PST, Original Wave, Wave, Wave+, Blast, Bond, Curl, Style PS, Micra

Boomer Sooner!
« Reply #2903 on: September 20, 2021, 03:29:39 AM »
I currently use a worn out sharpenig rod as well, but as I often use BO tools in my mods one slip means an ugly scratch along the tool, which is not ideal. I suppose you could do a set of several of these rods

1/8' for Style
7/64" for Wave Plier pivot
3/16" for Wave Tools
And whatever the Wingman uses, as I know those are also a pain to put back together due to spring tension.

I'm working on putting a mobile modding kit together for all of the "Lego" (drop in) mods you can do on a Leatherman tool. These would make a great addition, but I am not sure how expensive they would be to produce.

The kit currently has the following
1. 2 IFixIt drivers with all of the torx bits needed to take apart a Leatherman (I have the 5 star bit but they are in 1/4" instead of 4mm, I think I will grind them down to 4mm)
2. IFixIt case which doubles as a part tray
2. Tweezers
3. Small amount of rust preventative/lubricant called tuf glide. It goes on as a thin liquid but dries to a dry lubricant which doesn't collect dust
4. Small butane lighter for breaking down loctite

I want to add at least the 1/8" tool to this, but I might add the others. If you think of any other tools to add to this, please let me know!
Sr. Member Posts: 370
« Reply #2904 on: September 20, 2021, 03:46:19 AM »
Any comprehensive Leatherman modding kit needs a set of Loki's wrenches for Leatherman's proprietary screws. They make disassembly of the PST/PSTII, Blast/Fuse/Kick, Rebar, Bond, etc. much easier and less damaging than grabbing those screw heads with pliers.

Current SAKs: Explorer, SwissChamp, Handyman (modded), Climber, Super Tinker, Tinker, Woodsman (modded), Electrician, Pioneer, SwissTool
Current Leatherman tools: PST, Original Wave, Wave, Wave+, Blast, Bond, Curl, Style PS, Micra

Boomer Sooner!
« Reply #2905 on: September 20, 2021, 04:08:13 AM »
Ah yes, I do have those in it but I forgot to list them.
No Life Club Posts: 1,021
« Reply #2906 on: September 22, 2021, 01:11:30 AM »
I currently use a worn out sharpenig rod as well, but as I often use BO tools in my mods one slip means an ugly scratch along the tool, which is not ideal. I suppose you could do a set of several of these rods

1/8' for Style
7/64" for Wave Plier pivot
3/16" for Wave Tools
And whatever the Wingman uses, as I know those are also a pain to put back together due to spring tension.

I'm working on putting a mobile modding kit together for all of the "Lego" (drop in) mods you can do on a Leatherman tool. These would make a great addition, but I am not sure how expensive they would be to produce.

The kit currently has the following
1. 2 IFixIt drivers with all of the torx bits needed to take apart a Leatherman (I have the 5 star bit but they are in 1/4" instead of 4mm, I think I will grind them down to 4mm)
2. IFixIt case which doubles as a part tray
2. Tweezers
3. Small amount of rust preventative/lubricant called tuf glide. It goes on as a thin liquid but dries to a dry lubricant which doesn't collect dust
4. Small butane lighter for breaking down loctite

I want to add at least the 1/8" tool to this, but I might add the others. If you think of any other tools to add to this, please let me know!

7/32" for pliers right?
« Reply #2907 on: September 22, 2021, 01:12:54 AM »
My bad, I believe you are correct.
« Reply #2908 on: September 22, 2021, 01:14:23 AM »
BTW, I love your mobile nodding kit that you showed on your channel. Super capable set up.
Newbie Posts: 11 Gadgets are awesome!!!!!!
« Reply #2909 on: September 23, 2021, 12:46:47 PM »
Thought I'd add some picks of my first Leatherman mod. Already done a couple of SAKs but wanted to do a Leatherman as well. Still work in progress. I started with a silver Leatherman Signal since any scratches are easy to buff out on the main body as opposed to the Cerakoted variants which show up really easily and are impossible to get rid of without re-coating. So far I've:

1. lopped off the hammer part since I won't use it... don't really want to use it as a hammer or use the carabiner clip... the can opener can be re-designed as bottle opener and the bit holder feature is redundant since there is already a bit holder elsewhere on the tool. This allows it to fit into a smaller nylon pouch and also save a bit of weight.

2. Replace the main blade with a S30V blade from a Leatherman Charge .... might design my own damascus blade at later date.

3. Replace the saw with scissors from a Wingman.

4. Re-design the whistle to house tweezers and toothpick instead of ferrocium rod. For this I trimmed down the whistle and cut the channels out of some old Victorinox scales, sandwiched these around a layer of 0.5mm G10 and very carefully shaped and polished.

5. Add a lanyard loop and a bead made from Resinivory, based on the design of a Playge bead.

Still lots to do eventually .... looking to re-design the awl and can opener ... possibly in damascus...... and still pondering the sharpening file although it does make quite a nice nail file ... possinly keep it and re-profile the end to make a nail cleaner??? Not sure.... any ideas??

4.JPG
* 4.JPG (Filesize: 193.57 KB)
3.JPG
* 3.JPG (Filesize: 84.51 KB)
5.JPG
* 5.JPG (Filesize: 157.12 KB)
6.JPG
* 6.JPG (Filesize: 168.56 KB)

Donations

Operational Funds

Help us keep the Unworkable working!
Donate with PayPal!