Multitool.org Forum
+-

Hello Lurker! Remove this ad and much more by logging in.

How do you adapt to "no knife/blade/pointy anything" settings?

us Offline Roc

• No Life Club
Re: How do you adapt to "no knife/blade/pointy anything" settings?
Reply #30 on: April 08, 2014, 08:46:23 AM
Not a big deal for me. The only place I've been where I had to worry about it is the courthouse. I just leave it in the truck. It's kinda strange feeling so light though.

spam Offline J Mackrel Jones

Reply #31 on: April 08, 2014, 04:55:09 PM
In all the NATO countries there is a service at each airport where when you are leaving you can check in your Swiss Army Knife and when you arrive at the next airport you can check out a knife for the duration of your stay.
I wish.   

What happened to my Spamolia country?  I liked being sort of a citizen of the world.  Only the icon remains...
« Last Edit: April 08, 2014, 04:57:30 PM by J Mackrel Jones »
The work takes on a life unplanned
and the painter finds the painting directs the hand

hr Offline enki_ck

• Global Moderator
  • Absolute Zombie Club
  • I may get older but I refuse to grow up.
Reply #32 on: April 08, 2014, 10:00:40 PM
In all the NATO countries there is a service at each airport where when you are leaving you can check in your Swiss Army Knife and when you arrive at the next airport you can check out a knife for the duration of your stay.
I wish.    
Don't we all. :D

What happened to my Spamolia country?  I liked being sort of a citizen of the world.  Only the icon remains...

I think it was Spamalotistan. >:D Name must have gotten dropped in the last few software updates. :shrug:

us Offline NutSAK

• Admin Team
  • Absolutely No Life Club
Reply #33 on: April 08, 2014, 10:21:56 PM
Like many others, I avoid those settings if at all possible.  Of course, on flights I do without, but I always check luggage to ensure tools at my destination. 

I have occasionally gone into sports arenas or music venues that search for "contraband".  Since I've bought a ticket, I carry my scary items back to my vehicle and return for the show.  Then, I never return to that venue.

Thank you Busch stadium for not searching!! :salute:
- Terry

us Online nate j

• No Life Club
Reply #34 on: April 09, 2014, 02:28:52 AM
At the courthouse met another guy hiding his pocket knife in the bushes ...

:rofl:  :tu:

This is an awesome little anecdote.

Yeah, I "laughed out loud" at this one too.  :D

Our courthouse has lockers outside the security check point where prohibited items may be stored for the duration of one's visit, and retrieved afterwards.

Update on this, as I discovered (somewhat by accident) today that this is actually a state requirement here in PA:

(e)  Facilities for checking firearms or other dangerous weapons.--Each county shall make available at or within the building containing a court facility by July 1, 2002, lockers or similar facilities at no charge or cost for the temporary checking of firearms by persons carrying firearms under section 6106(b) or 6109 or for the checking of other dangerous weapons that are not otherwise prohibited by law. Any individual checking a firearm, dangerous weapon or an item deemed to be a dangerous weapon at a court facility must be issued a receipt. Notice of the location of the facility shall be posted as required under subsection (d).

us Offline ironraven

• No Life Club
  • American Clandestine Materials Executive (ACME)
Reply #35 on: April 09, 2014, 03:37:19 AM
(e)  Facilities for checking firearms or other dangerous weapons.--Each county shall make available at or within the building containing a court facility by July 1, 2002, lockers or similar facilities at no charge or cost for the temporary checking of firearms

I like that! Of course, I'd have a Bartertown moment just on the sharp/pointy part of it...  :-[
"Even if it is only the handful of people I meet on the street, or in my home, I can still protect them with this one sword" Kenshin Himura

Necessity is the mother of invention. If you're not ready, it's "a mother". If you are, it's "mom".

"I love democracy" Sheev Palpatine, upon his election to Chancellor.

us Offline NeitherExtreme

• No Life Club
  • Marsh-wiggle
Reply #36 on: April 09, 2014, 05:12:09 AM

Our courthouse has lockers outside the security check point where prohibited items may be stored for the duration of one's visit, and retrieved afterwards.

Update on this, as I discovered (somewhat by accident) today that this is actually a state requirement here in PA:

(e)  Facilities for checking firearms or other dangerous weapons.--Each county shall make available at or within the building containing a court facility by July 1, 2002, lockers or similar facilities at no charge or cost for the temporary checking of firearms by persons carrying firearms under section 6106(b) or 6109 or for the checking of other dangerous weapons that are not otherwise prohibited by law. Any individual checking a firearm, dangerous weapon or an item deemed to be a dangerous weapon at a court facility must be issued a receipt. Notice of the location of the facility shall be posted as required under subsection (d).

That's good to know, I'm in PA too. :tu:

us Online nate j

• No Life Club
Reply #37 on: April 09, 2014, 05:42:57 AM

That's good to know, I'm in PA too. :tu:

:salute:  If you're in Lancaster County, I'm probably a few hours north of you.

us Offline NeitherExtreme

• No Life Club
  • Marsh-wiggle
Reply #38 on: April 09, 2014, 09:49:06 PM
:salute:  If you're in Lancaster County, I'm probably a few hours north of you.

That's where I am- Pennsylvania Dutch country. :cheers: (<-Root Beer)

au Offline PTRSAK

• No Life Club
  • I'm an Adult?!?! When did that happen?
Reply #39 on: April 14, 2014, 12:48:34 PM

haha, I remember doing exactly that with my Mini Tighe-Tac when I went for my divorce hearing.

ca Offline Tomahawk Rob

Reply #40 on: April 14, 2014, 05:23:22 PM
This fall I will be vacationing in Mexico. I will have to leave most of my tools at home. This will be a first for me. I recently purchased a SOG S60. I did so because you can replace tools easily your self. I am planing on replacing the blade with a spacer, making it legal in Mexico.
Prepare for the worst and only the best will happen.

us Offline NutSAK

• Admin Team
  • Absolutely No Life Club
Reply #41 on: April 14, 2014, 06:53:18 PM
I always carry a SAK in Mexico.  It's a chance I take...

Laws don't prohibit the carry of a knife in Mexico, but you never know how Policia will "interpret" the law. 

It's fine to carry a machete around if you're a local.  :-\
- Terry

Donations

Operational Funds

Help us keep the Unworkable working!
Donate with PayPal!
June Goal: $300.00
Due Date: Jun 30
Total Receipts: $81.95
PayPal Fees: $4.26
Net Balance: $77.69
Below Goal: $222.31