Multitool.org Forum
+-

Hello Lurker! Remove this ad and much more by logging in.

How much does HE love the Swisstool?

Rodion · 71 · 6089

00 Offline Dtrain

• "Southbound Whatchya Leave Behind Ya?"
Re: How much does HE love the Swisstool?
Reply #60 on: June 10, 2008, 11:30:54 PM
Going a bit OT.I have read D. Rearic's articles,the are not to bad.Just a guy doing his own thing I guess.I do feel bad for the UK members.They have been put into a posistion where defending themselves and bieng ready to do so has to be totally hidden from the law.You guys must have to put up with alot of nonsense.Is training in martial arts
a problem as well?

I hope it never gets like that here.

Hope I did not offend,I do mean any offense towards the the UK members.

Dtrain
"It seemed Like a Good Idea at the Time"

england Offline Benner

• Global Tuffy
  • Absolute Zombie Club
  • Just Awesome! And a Slayer of Polar Bear!
Reply #61 on: June 11, 2008, 12:06:41 AM
No offence taken at all.  :)  I hope, for your sake, that it doesn't get like this over your side of the pond.
« Last Edit: June 11, 2008, 07:34:31 PM by Benner »
I'm back!!

Offline Rodion

• When shumer hits the fan, bolo for me, mam.
Reply #62 on: June 11, 2008, 01:03:25 AM
Speaking as an equivalent of a UK member (Israel has much the same EDC laws), it's not that bad. Annoying, but not much more than that. Sure, there's the whole oppressive fascist tendencies thing, but who doesn't have those... if anything, I find it an exercise in creativity.

And a great excuse to buy a Victorinox flashlight from Tim.  :D

For that price, I sure hope it's "tactical" black.

Nah. It says "National Geographic" for some reason. Maybe I'm just looking at the wrong places...
W

Offline Anthony

• No Life Club
  • Improvise.
Reply #63 on: June 11, 2008, 01:07:47 AM
$40 for a peice of cotton?  I just ordered four (ACU camo  :D ) from countycomm.com for $2 each and plan on modding one with pockets (like on donrearic.com) 

[

england Offline Dunc

• Admin Team
  • Zombie Apprentice
  • Aggressive in defence
Reply #64 on: June 11, 2008, 05:34:57 AM
Going a bit OT.I have read D. Rearic's articles,the are not to bad.Just a guy doing his own thing I guess.I do feel bad for the UK members.They have been put into a posistion where defending themselves and bieng ready to do so has to be totally hidden from the law.You guys must have to put up with alot of nonsense.Is training in martial arts
a problem as well?

I hope it never gets like that here.

Hope I did not offend,I do mean any offense towards the the UK members.

Dtrain

martial arts are allowed and quite popular , used to do Karate when I was a teenager  :D

Dunc

Offline ringzero

• No Life Club
  • Spawn of Cthulhu
Reply #65 on: June 12, 2008, 12:07:17 AM
Exactly, as much as I would dearly love to walk the street's ready to counter any threat to myself and other's, the laws are such that to do so would involve you spending an awful long time behind bars, watching other people raising your family >:(

Don't be so sure of that.

Oddly enough, the Daily Mail ran an article on this topic within the last several weeks.

The vast majority of UK citizens caught by cops while carrying knives have their property confiscated and are 'cautioned' - well over 90%.

Some of the remainder are prosecuted and convicted, but very few go to prison.  Most get community service or similar nonsense.  Those few that do go to prison serve amazingly short sentences.

The number of knife carriers actually locked up in the whole UK in a whole year was laughably small - 20 or so IIRC.

Basically, the whole knife ban situation is one big government scam.  The government lacks the resources - courts, prosecutors, and prison slots - to lock up even a tiny percentage of the people caught with knives.

The law may well be an ass, but your a bigger one if you don't at least attempt to adhere to there silly and shortsighted law's ::)

Over many years, I have carried guns and knives on my person in violation of various local laws in a number of places across the USA.

Never had any legal troubles because of it.  Off course, I don't go looking for trouble and will usually go out of the way to avoid trouble.

If I was busted, I could probably beat it in court on grounds of an illegal search.  If I didn't beat the charge and was convicted, I'd be given a non-custodial sentence.  First offense, no criminal record, etc.

N

england Offline Dunc

• Admin Team
  • Zombie Apprentice
  • Aggressive in defence
Reply #66 on: June 12, 2008, 05:47:03 AM
Exactly, as much as I would dearly love to walk the street's ready to counter any threat to myself and other's, the laws are such that to do so would involve you spending an awful long time behind bars, watching other people raising your family >:(

Don't be so sure of that.

Oddly enough, the Daily Mail ran an article on this topic within the last several weeks.

The vast majority of UK citizens caught by cops while carrying knives have their property confiscated and are 'cautioned' - well over 90%.

Some of the remainder are prosecuted and convicted, but very few go to prison.  Most get community service or similar nonsense.  Those few that do go to prison serve amazingly short sentences.

The number of knife carriers actually locked up in the whole UK in a whole year was laughably small - 20 or so IIRC.

Basically, the whole knife ban situation is one big government scam.  The government lacks the resources - courts, prosecutors, and prison slots - to lock up even a tiny percentage of the people caught with knives.

The law may well be an ass, but your a bigger one if you don't at least attempt to adhere to there silly and shortsighted law's ::)

Over many years, I have carried guns and knives on my person in violation of various local laws in a number of places across the USA.

Never had any legal troubles because of it.  Off course, I don't go looking for trouble and will usually go out of the way to avoid trouble.

If I was busted, I could probably beat it in court on grounds of an illegal search.  If I didn't beat the charge and was convicted, I'd be given a non-custodial sentence.  First offense, no criminal record, etc.

I hope your not encouraging our UK members to break the law  :twak:
 May I remind members that a knife is a terrible weapon that often leads to someones death and in muggings etc. a knife pulled in self defence very often gets turned and used on its owner  :o

Dunc

ca Offline Grant Lamontagne

• Head Turd Polisher
  • Administrator
  • Just Bananas
  • Optimum instrumentum est inter aures
Reply #67 on: June 12, 2008, 08:00:47 AM
I could have sworn this was a thread about the SwissTool.

There are many gun, self defense and political forums online that would probably be better suited to that type of discussion, and as a law enforcer myself, I would caution anyone against breaking them.  If you do, be prepared for the consequences, and I mean the whole ball of wax, not just "what the other guy got."

However, as most of us are multitool aficionados, the idea of self defense and the laws regarding it are beyond our scope.

Def
Leave the dents as they are- let your belongings show their scars as proudly as you do yours.

gb Offline Mike, Lord of the Spammers!

• Chief of the Absolutely No Life Club!
  • Abandon All Hope Ye Who Enter Here...
  • Why haven't you got a Farmer yet!
Reply #68 on: June 12, 2008, 09:04:10 AM
I'm sorry but I'm going to have to agree with my fellow Mod's on this Ringzero, what your saying is tantamount to inciting people to carry arms >:(

Add to that the fact that even a small amount of jail time will get you a criminal record, and it's hard enough to find a job over here as it is!

While you are entitled to your opinion, I would urge my fellow UK member's to ignore your coment's and further more ask you to refrain from making them.
Give in, buy several Farmer's!!!!!!

england Offline Benner

• Global Tuffy
  • Absolute Zombie Club
  • Just Awesome! And a Slayer of Polar Bear!
Reply #69 on: June 12, 2008, 12:04:41 PM
I'm sorry but I'm going to have to agree with my fellow Mod's on this Ringzero, what your saying is tantamount to inciting people to carry arms >:(

Add to that the fact that even a small amount of jail time will get you a criminal record, and it's hard enough to find a job over here as it is!

While you are entitled to your opinion, I would urge my fellow UK member's to ignore your coment's and further more ask you to refrain from making them.

Going on from what you said Mike, even if I only got a caution for carrying a blade, that would mean I would lose my job as I have to have an enhanced police check (CRB check) in order to be in my line of work. 

There are other consequences to life as well as just going to prison.
I'm back!!

ca Offline Grant Lamontagne

• Head Turd Polisher
  • Administrator
  • Just Bananas
  • Optimum instrumentum est inter aures
Reply #70 on: June 12, 2008, 12:47:35 PM
Ahem... SwissTools?

Def
Leave the dents as they are- let your belongings show their scars as proudly as you do yours.

Donations

Operational Funds

Help us keep the Unworkable working!
Donate with PayPal!
April Goal: $300.00
Due Date: Apr 30
Total Receipts: $122.41
PayPal Fees: $6.85
Net Balance: $115.56
Below Goal: $184.44
Site Currency: USD
39%