Multitool.org Forum
+-

Hello Lurker! Remove this ad and much more by logging in.

Show us your Benchmades

sawman · 1258 · 57288

gb Offline Wspeed

• Just Bananas
Re: Show us your Benchmades
Reply #1110 on: May 04, 2020, 02:31:09 PM
 :iagree: :like: :tu:
fail to prepare prepare to fail

us Offline eTripper

• No Life Club
  • "My real name is Cosmo Pombal"
Reply #1111 on: May 05, 2020, 01:06:50 AM
Nice pair!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Thanks, xrxoz1!!  :cheers: I may have to pick-up one-of-those Benchmade mouse-pads.
"Those who do evil to others:  the killers, the rapists, psychos, sadists.  Will come to know me well.  Frank Castle is dead!  Call me . . . The Punisher."

"Out of the night comes a man who saves lives at the risk of his own:
Once a circus performer, an aerialist who refused the net...
Once a cat burglar, a master among jewel thieves...
And now, a professional bodyguard - primitive, savage, in love with danger."  - T.H.E CAT

ca Offline buggs

Reply #1112 on: February 06, 2021, 05:29:24 AM
New guy, new image.

Love me some Benchmade but pricey stuff and if I understand it correctly, a fully functional axis lock is a no-no in Canada.  My mini Griptilian would be ok, as would the the Triage, but not so for the Osborne.  Was looking at maybe adding a fixed blade Benchmade, but honestly, my old, inexpensive Gerber is very useful and sturdy. 

benchmade buggs.jpg
* benchmade buggs.jpg (Filesize: 225.42 KB)

us Offline ezdog

• No Life Club
Reply #1113 on: February 10, 2021, 06:31:05 PM
New guy, new image.

Love me some Benchmade but pricey stuff and if I understand it correctly, a fully functional axis lock is a no-no in Canada.  My mini Griptilian would be ok, as would the the Triage, but not so for the Osborne.  Was looking at maybe adding a fixed blade Benchmade, but honestly, my old, inexpensive Gerber is very useful and sturdy.

I guess I dont understand what you are saying here?
What is a Fully Functioning Axis lock vs one that is not exactly?

ca Offline buggs

Reply #1114 on: February 11, 2021, 07:08:01 PM
I guess I dont understand what you are saying here?
What is a Fully Functioning Axis lock vs one that is not exactly?

You don't understand what I wrote really poorly?  Note to self, don't post late at night after drinking. 

Not the axis lock that is the issue, not the lock at all.  It's the blade opening mechanism that is assisted to varying degrees in my knives pictured above.  The griptilian doesn't snap open with a single handed motion easily, or a flick of the wrist so I believe it would be allowed in Canada (though the thumb stud on each knife allows it to be opened with a single hand).  The Triage is looser so if I practiced I might be able to get it to open by flicking my wrist.  The Osborne on the other hand snaps right open quickly and aggressively.  I think Benchmade calls it Axis Assist and I wrote Axis lock.  Whoops. 

I'm trying to understand the regulations/laws in Canada pertaining to assisted opening blades.  I like the mechanism, it's fun to play with.  I own the three Benchmades above but also a number of Kershaw knifes that make use of their Speedsafe opening system.  It's my understanding that you can no longer import these into Canada and have them function with the assist.  Stores like Cabela's still sell them but crank the mechanism/blade tight so it doesn't function.  So I'm trying to determine if just owning and carrying an assisted open blade could get me in trouble.  Make no mistake, I'm not carrying these intended as weapons, they're tools to me for cutting things like boxes, strings, whatever the situation may bring.  But even things like a Spyderco that have a thumbhole or other knives with a thumb stud may be considered illegal now as they can be open with a single hand.  I believe Canada is heading towards the situation in Great Britain. 

Hopefully that makes more sense. 

us Offline ezdog

• No Life Club
Reply #1115 on: February 11, 2021, 09:55:08 PM
Interesting but this is the first that I have heard of an Assisted Benchmade though I know that they offer some in an Automatic Version which is a lot more than just assisted too!?

I have to wonder really of they do offer any assisted or if the differences you are attributing to this being an assist is really just the bearing being loose or tight in standard AXIS lock knives?
I have several that will drop free on their own weight and flick with little effort that are just that loose and I have others that are so tight that they will not but I don't have any sense at all that it is anything other than this?
Do you?

Further I can usually take them apart and clean and polish everything a little bit and reassemble and adjust so that all of them are that loose.

So I am not saying that I know what you are saying os right pr not but I have not heard this mentioned anywhere before either? :dunno:

You don't understand what I wrote really poorly?  Note to self, don't post late at night after drinking. 

Not the axis lock that is the issue, not the lock at all.  It's the blade opening mechanism that is assisted to varying degrees in my knives pictured above.  The griptilian doesn't snap open with a single handed motion easily, or a flick of the wrist so I believe it would be allowed in Canada (though the thumb stud on each knife allows it to be opened with a single hand).  The Triage is looser so if I practiced I might be able to get it to open by flicking my wrist.  The Osborne on the other hand snaps right open quickly and aggressively.  I think Benchmade calls it Axis Assist and I wrote Axis lock.  Whoops. 

I'm trying to understand the regulations/laws in Canada pertaining to assisted opening blades.  I like the mechanism, it's fun to play with.  I own the three Benchmades above but also a number of Kershaw knifes that make use of their Speedsafe opening system.  It's my understanding that you can no longer import these into Canada and have them function with the assist.  Stores like Cabela's still sell them but crank the mechanism/blade tight so it doesn't function.  So I'm trying to determine if just owning and carrying an assisted open blade could get me in trouble.  Make no mistake, I'm not carrying these intended as weapons, they're tools to me for cutting things like boxes, strings, whatever the situation may bring.  But even things like a Spyderco that have a thumbhole or other knives with a thumb stud may be considered illegal now as they can be open with a single hand.  I believe Canada is heading towards the situation in Great Britain. 

Hopefully that makes more sense.

us Offline Barry Rowland

• Absolute Zombie Club
  • Bon Journee!!
Reply #1116 on: February 11, 2021, 10:01:36 PM
I have the Automatic, the Rift.  It's typical Benchmade, rock solid and sharp as a razor.
Barry

us Offline colt 1911

• Absolutely No Life Club
Reply #1117 on: February 12, 2021, 02:10:42 AM

CHEERS

ca Offline buggs

Reply #1118 on: February 12, 2021, 05:10:42 AM
Interesting but this is the first that I have heard of an Assisted Benchmade though I know that they offer some in an Automatic Version which is a lot more than just assisted too!?

I have to wonder really of they do offer any assisted or if the differences you are attributing to this being an assist is really just the bearing being loose or tight in standard AXIS lock knives?
I have several that will drop free on their own weight and flick with little effort that are just that loose and I have others that are so tight that they will not but I don't have any sense at all that it is anything other than this?
Do you?

Further I can usually take them apart and clean and polish everything a little bit and reassemble and adjust so that all of them are that loose.

So I am not saying that I know what you are saying os right pr not but I have not heard this mentioned anywhere before either? :dunno:

Thanks for the response, it is appreciated. 

Maybe these links explain it better than I did. 

https://blademag.com/knife-news/canada-knife-import-ban

From what I can gather, at the moment it's an import issue more than anything else. My concern is it becomes more than that.  I'm not entirely familiar with the situation in England but I fear that's where we're headed - short version of that is that carrying any pocket knife is illegal.

us Offline ezdog

• No Life Club
Reply #1119 on: February 12, 2021, 10:27:02 PM
So after watching the Video and reading the article I am staying with my original assertion here that the only reason that your Benchmade seems more acceptable to you regarding this is that it is not one of the loose ones at this time.

All of the Non-Assisted AXIS lock knives can be tweaked to be more or less hard to open with a quick flick but they do not make a version that is and another version that is not,this is all I am saying.

So your particular example of a Grip might be fairly tight and seem to you to qualify one way here but I am saying that all of the Benchmades using this mechanism are exactly the same unless an actual Assisted Version of them is what we are talking about.
I am willing to bet that if you go and try several different examples of your exact same knife that they each will be somewhat different this way as that has been my actual user experience and is why I am saying this again.

If I am wrong I would love to understand that they make a different tighter version of the Grip for example on purpose?

But it does seem clear that they are trying to make almost any knife that opens unacceptable in general and that for sure sucks in many ways.

Thanks for the response, it is appreciated. 

Maybe these links explain it better than I did. 

https://blademag.com/knife-news/canada-knife-import-ban

From what I can gather, at the moment it's an import issue more than anything else. My concern is it becomes more than that.  I'm not entirely familiar with the situation in England but I fear that's where we're headed - short version of that is that carrying any pocket knife is illegal.

us Offline eTripper

• No Life Club
Reply #1120 on: February 14, 2021, 07:28:10 AM
Benchmade recently 'retired' the Adamas line-up.  Not-to-worry, the new Adamas will soon be available.  Introducing the 2750FE-2:

Specs:

Blade Edge Plain

Blade Finish/Color Flat Earth

Blade Steel CPM-Cru Wear® (63-65)

Blade Style/Shape Drop-point

Clip Type Deep-Carry

Clip Position Reversible Tip-Up

Glass Breaker No

Handle Material G10

Lanyard Hole Yes

MOLLE Compatible Yes

Sheath Type Ballistics Nylon

Use Tactical

Blade Style Drop-Point

Handle Material Blade Finish: Finish Flat Earth Blade Steel: CPM-Cru Wear (63-65 HRC) Handle Material: Olive Drab G10

Will be available around mid-March according to their website.  Two manual blade-styles, and two automatics.

"Those who do evil to others:  the killers, the rapists, psychos, sadists.  Will come to know me well.  Frank Castle is dead!  Call me . . . The Punisher."

And now, a professional bodyguard - primitive, savage, in love with danger."  - T.H.E CAT

se Offline RF52

Reply #1121 on: February 14, 2021, 08:17:53 AM
Are you getting one trip? :pok:

Sent fra min M2002J9G via Tapatalk

us Offline eTripper

• No Life Club
Reply #1122 on: February 14, 2021, 10:29:25 PM
I'm definitely going to grab-one.  :D

se Offline RF52

Reply #1123 on: February 14, 2021, 10:50:38 PM
Nice! Looking forward to hear your thoughts on it compared to the old one :cheers:

Sent fra min M2002J9G via Tapatalk

ch Offline Etherealicer

• Admin Team
  • Zombie Apprentice
Reply #1124 on: February 15, 2021, 09:17:53 AM
I'm definitely going to grab-one.  :D
You saw that it will come in 2 sizes, the regular and a new "mini"

I want one too, regular size, but the color offerings are not my cup of tea. I wish they would make the desert tan handle with the black blade in non-auto. I'm almost certain that I could color that handle nicely and maybe strip the blade.
It wouldn't be the internet without people complaining.

it Offline SirVicaLot

Reply #1125 on: March 25, 2021, 02:49:17 AM
Got a Benchmade Proper on the way. My first Benchmade. Found a good deal  :woohoo:

us Offline Barry Rowland

• Absolute Zombie Club
  • Bon Journee!!
Reply #1126 on: March 25, 2021, 01:48:39 PM
That's a great knife!
Barry

it Offline SirVicaLot

Reply #1127 on: March 25, 2021, 02:52:33 PM
Looking forward to it. I think that sheepfoot blade will be great for a variety of uses (It is the 319, not the 318).

us Offline Aloha

• Global Moderator
  • Point Of No Return
Reply #1128 on: March 25, 2021, 02:55:16 PM
I was slow to the BM brand.  I've got a couple now and they're great knives.   Congrats
Esse Quam Videri

it Offline SirVicaLot

Reply #1129 on: March 29, 2021, 04:41:46 AM
The Proper came in. Love the handles, blade shape, size, weight,....basically the whole thing!  :like: This will get lots of pocket time  :tu:

us Offline zrxoa1

• No Life Club
Reply #1130 on: March 29, 2021, 06:36:26 AM
Very nice!!

us Offline Barry Rowland

• Absolute Zombie Club
  • Bon Journee!!
Reply #1131 on: March 29, 2021, 01:12:53 PM
 :2tu: :iagree:
Barry

it Offline SirVicaLot

Reply #1132 on: April 02, 2021, 04:45:08 AM

us Offline Barry Rowland

• Absolute Zombie Club
  • Bon Journee!!
Reply #1133 on: April 02, 2021, 04:49:12 AM
 :2tu: :like:
Barry

us Offline zrxoa1

• No Life Club
Reply #1134 on: April 03, 2021, 10:52:17 PM
Ordered yesterday, came today!!!

Full size Adamas 275!!!

us Offline Barry Rowland

• Absolute Zombie Club
  • Bon Journee!!
Reply #1135 on: April 04, 2021, 03:30:13 AM
Aren't they beasts?!!  That's a well built knife!!  I have one upstairs, that belongs to my son, and I'd carry it anywhere that an indestructible folder can be carried. 
Barry

us Offline zrxoa1

• No Life Club
Reply #1136 on: April 04, 2021, 04:25:44 AM
Aren't they beasts?!!  That's a well built knife!!  I have one upstairs, that belongs to my son, and I'd carry it anywhere that an indestructible folder can be carried.
It’s amazing!!  Not only is it a beast, but it’s the smoothest, best operating knife I’ve ever owne!!

Maybe my Sandrin Torino (with ball bearing washers) is smoother. But it’s tinier size makes it more difficult to fidget with...

us Offline ezdog

• No Life Club
Show us your Benchmades
Reply #1137 on: April 04, 2021, 08:08:47 PM
It’s amazing!!  Not only is it a beast, but it’s the smoothest, best operating knife I’ve ever owne!!

Maybe my Sandrin Torino (with ball bearing washers) is smoother. But it’s tinier size makes it more difficult to fidget with...

Get your hands on a Contego too another amazing Benchmade big boy!

gb Offline chip

• No Life Club
Reply #1138 on: April 04, 2021, 08:26:20 PM
Some great knives on show chaps. Benchmade make some beautiful knives. :tu:
My trouble is i never show initiative, but that's only because no one has told me to.

us Offline Barry Rowland

• Absolute Zombie Club
  • Bon Journee!!
Reply #1139 on: April 04, 2021, 11:00:29 PM
 :iagree: :like:
Barry

Donations

Operational Funds

Help us keep the Unworkable working!
Donate with PayPal!
April Goal: $300.00