Multitool.org Forum
+-

Hello Lurker! Remove this ad and much more by logging in.

What's up with Zebralight?

us Offline Heinz Doofenshmirtz

• No Life Club
What's up with Zebralight?
on: May 05, 2014, 06:56:32 AM
Anyone know what's going on with Zebralight?  I was just at their site looking for a new light for my bike and they're out of stock of everything.  All of the big online sellers are out of stock of ZL's too.  What gives?
The first Noble Truth: life is suffering.  Only by accepting that fact can we transcend it.

us Offline captain spaulding

• Absolute Zombie Club
  • What's the matter, kid? Don't ya like clowns?
Re: What's up with Zebralight?
Reply #1 on: May 05, 2014, 07:17:23 AM
Anyone know what's going on with Zebralight?  I was just at their site looking for a new light for my bike and they're out of stock of everything.  All of the big online sellers are out of stock of ZL's too.  What gives?

Kind of strange. Not sure whats going on.  :think: Hopefully someone knows whats up.  :shrug:
I'm the milk man!

hr Offline styx

• Absolutely No Life Club
Reply #2 on: May 05, 2014, 11:51:05 AM
hopefully they are just relocating their facilities to a bigger production
Solving problems you didn't know you had in the most obscure way possible

"And now, it's time to hand this over to our tame race axe driver. Some say, he can live in the forest for six months at a time without food, and he knows of a secret tribe of only women where he is their God. All we know is, he's call the Styx!" - TazzieRob

au Offline gregozedobe

• Absolutely No Life Club
  • Apparently it is possible to have too many tools;)
Reply #3 on: May 05, 2014, 12:29:16 PM
They may have suspended production until they sort out issues with their electronic switch.  I think I read over at CPF that their supplier had recently changed the switch/rubber cover and quite a few buyers were unhappy with the new one.

Alternatively they may be waiting for more LEDs in the particular colour tints they prefer to sell.  IIRC they have stopped making specific lights because of that in the past.

Have a look at the Zebralight threads on CPF and there is sure to be some discussion about it.
babola: "Enjoy your tools and don't be afraid to air your opinion and feelings here, but do it in courteous and respectable way toward others, of course."

us Offline Heinz Doofenshmirtz

• No Life Club
Reply #4 on: May 06, 2014, 07:49:26 AM
Thanks for the info!
The first Noble Truth: life is suffering.  Only by accepting that fact can we transcend it.

us Offline captain spaulding

• Absolute Zombie Club
  • What's the matter, kid? Don't ya like clowns?
Reply #5 on: May 06, 2014, 08:18:02 AM
Thanks for the info!

+1.

Off to CPF to do some research.  :tu:
I'm the milk man!

us Offline Singh

• No Life Club
Reply #6 on: May 07, 2014, 04:06:07 PM
I didn’t know there was an issue with the switches. I have two SC52s; one with an old switch and the other with a new one. The old switch makes an audible *click* when pressed. The new switch is silent.  Other than that, there seems to be no other difference.

When I talked to the Zebra rep a few months back, he said they were getting ready to move production to the U.S., so maybe that has something to do with it?

us Offline sticktodrum

• Kershaws, Zebralights, SAKs, and Leather Men.
Reply #7 on: May 25, 2014, 12:48:31 PM
Their site is usually out of stock. I never buy directly, mostly for that reason and also because their CS isn't particularly quick or effective. I always recommend (and point people to) a good dealer when it comes to Zebralight. They often have most things in stock (of not, usually just a lead time of a couple of weeks and an actual delivery date), and will go to bat for you if you need warranty help.

I always buy from Mike at E2 Field Gear, who is "Cellguy" on CPFM. http://www.e2fieldgear.com/

I actually bought 4 SC52w L2's, 2 SC600w MkII L2's, and 2 H600W II L2's from him in the last few weeks. I'm pretty sure he is still stocked on all of those, worth sending an email at least.

:cheers:
"If you put Bacardi in my glass again and try to tell me it's rum, I will burn this bar to the ground!"

-A paraphrase of something I read, to which I related strongly.

Donations

Operational Funds

Help us keep the Unworkable working!
Donate with PayPal!
April Goal: $300.00
Due Date: Apr 30
Total Receipts: $158.99
PayPal Fees: $9.20
Net Balance: $149.79
Below Goal: $150.21
Site Currency: USD
50%